Quantcast
'Married to Medicine LA' Star Jazmin Johnson Defends Not Having Her Husband on the Show

Urban Belle Magazine

‘Married to Medicine LA’ Star Jazmin Johnson Defends Not Having Her Husband on the Show

Photo Credit: Bravo

Jazmin receives backlash.

When it comes to Jazmin Johnson, the “Married to Medicine LA” star continues to be a hot topic on social media. And after the most recent episode, there was plenty of debate. Jazmin has been helping Dr. Kendra Segura lose weight after giving birth. However, her methods have been controversial. So when Jazmin took Kendra’s cornbread off her plate while the group was out celebrating Shanique Drummond’s birthday, she was called out.

Regardless, Jazmin believes she did the right thing. And her defense was it takes a lot of dedication to a healthy diet to lose weight. And she has plenty of experience helping others meet their weight goals.

Well, some fans of the show still weren’t hearing it. So they dragged Jazmin on social media. And they accused Jazmin of taking things way too far. Others even questioned if Jazmin has an eating disorder. This accusation is something that Jazmin has vehemently denied.

Jazmin got even more criticism when she posted a photo of her husband to Instagram. There are fans who still don’t understand why he won’t make any appearances on the show.

Jazmin responds.

Well, Jazmin has had just about enough of the criticism. She recently addressed these things on Instagram. On a now-deleted message posted to Instagram Story, Jazmin said, “You may be confused about my purpose, but I’m not. God called me to do this. I show up every day and give every day everything I have because that’s what I was called to do. When God puts individuals in leadership positions it’s because they have the power to influence, inspire, and motivate and I’m honored to be one of those people. What I choose to share of my life is my business and my right. Take what you can from it or excuse yourself.”

She added, “It’s astonishing how some people exhaust so much energy trying to knock somebody else down instead of investing that same energy to pull themselves up. I am sincerely thankful for all of the beautiful souls that have sent me a message to help uplift my spirits, it worked. Some people say don’t read the comments, just ignore, those things are easier said than done especially when these people are direct messaging me, emailing me, contacting my business, etc.”

June 28, 2020 at 8:43 am

Jazmin is on a show about women being doctors and doctors wives. It doesn’t make sense that she’s the only main cast member who doesn’t show her spouse especially since she’s on the show because of the marriage.

• Anoymous

June 28, 2020 at 8:28 pm

I agree the show is called married to medicine so her husband should have to appear for her to be on the show and if that’s not possible perhaps there is another Dr. that would!

• lois m. smith

June 29, 2020 at 1:37 am

I agree

2. Lizzy

June 28, 2020 at 10:23 am

Jazmin is someone I would want around to help me lose weight if I needed to lose it. So I don’t know why people were dragging her for doing a good job with Kendra. And as far as her husband not being on the show, I mean it’s weird but Quad is still on the Atlanta show and she’s not even married. So what’s the difference?

• Nikki

June 28, 2020 at 11:22 pm

I like Jazmin dedication but when your helping someone you don’t put them on the spot like that and it was a celebration so she could have pulled back for that one nigbt.i would have put her in check myself since she opened that door right then and there.

• nokki

June 28, 2020 at 11:25 pm

I wouldn’t bring my husbsnd on the show either.

• Jjoy

June 29, 2020 at 3:03 am

The difference is Quad was married to a doctor who appeared on the show… Jasmine is married to a doctor who doesn’t appear on the show..she is married to medicine but refused to show the medicine(husband).

• Anonymous

June 29, 2020 at 6:26 am

Quad’s no longer married and it makes no sense that she’s still on the show. She’s not married to medicine. Neither she nor Jazmin should be there.

• ANNETTE T Hughes

June 29, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Amen!!!

3. Mona

June 28, 2020 at 2:11 pm

This show is just lacking the it factor. That’s unfortunate since the LA women are more likable than the ATL ones.

4. Fanmail

June 29, 2020 at 3:17 am

I have to say, this show is boring. There’s no real storyline from anyone (except Imani). The other women are likable but I’m falling asleep while it’s on. As another comment stated, this show is missing the “It factor”. That’s messed up because it’s really the only reality show on Bravo.(I don’t watch the real-estate show or Top Chef) The Housewives got shut down with the pandemic.

• Kim Watley

June 29, 2020 at 12:23 pm

I like the show although it’s a bit dull. The scenery, Imani’s outfits, and more which will include they do not swear, it is classy. My most favorite is Imani’s mother. Poised and articulate. All the other shows. Housewives how many marry on the show, how many are wives. The show is married to medicine. Not medicine. I wish I had 50% of Jaz willpower to push away from food and exercise. I bet by the next season the new doctor,I think Keandra, will not be that size. You can not go to the fitness guru for help and cheat on your diet.While Jaz is extreme we all look and admire her snatched body

• Ophelia

July 2, 2020 at 3:27 pm

I so agree something is missing.

5. Katherine Townes

June 29, 2020 at 9:30 am

Her husband is a doctor! So, she is married to medicine!

6. Mary

June 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Jazmine said H-ll Nah. My marriage will not fall victim to Reality TV.

7. Mary BENNETT

June 29, 2020 at 6:58 pm

Well I was just thinking about the exact thing. If you’re going to sign up for a show. Married to medicine La. We want to see EVERYTHING !!!!! We as viewers know nothing about her husband or whether he’s a Dr. Yes Quad is no longer marry to Dr Greg. But we all knew him and their union. I’m trying to give this show my rating but this young lady is making it extremely hard!!! Bravo I think she need to be replaced by someone willing to share her personal life!!! This isn’t fair to the other women!!! Sorry h-ll no I’m not sorry. Bye jazmin!!!!!!!!!

8. Dawn

June 30, 2020 at 12:19 am

Bye Jasmine you’re just not a good fit and take your sidekick with you Imani and Kendra you’re it.Jasmine needs help with weight gain her body looks under developed

9. Dawn

June 30, 2020 at 12:23 am

Jasmin and her sidekick can go Imani and Kendra you’re it Jasmine needs help with wright again her body is that of a under developed lady. She adds no good storyline for married to medicine

10. Sharon Smith

June 30, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Nobody knows Jasmine’s husband or if she’s even married to one, don’t know why she’s on the show, it’s called married to medicine, if your husband don’t want to be a part of the show, why do you…

11. Alan Rubin

August 13, 2020 at 9:21 pm

At first I did not like Married to Medicine LA, because it was new and a bit dull. But Imani is anything but dull. I really like Dr. Britton. She is beautiful and very smart. She speaks intelligently and comes across as being very objective and classy. The big difference between LA and Atlanta is the way the ladies carry themselves. The LA come across as classy and intelligent, the Atlanta women come across as arrogant and rude like they live in the projects. I don’t think Jazmin and Quad need to be on either show because Quad is not married and Jazmin refuses to let her husband be on the show, since he is in medicine (well sort of). I don’t like Kendra so far. I think she likes to push limits with people and wants everything her way, such as working full time and working out.