Quantcast
'Greenleaf' Recap: AJ Reveals a Dark Secret to Grace + Jacob Seeks Answers about James' Past

‘Greenleaf’ Recap: AJ Reveals a Dark Secret to Grace + Jacob Seeks Answers about James’ Past

Greenleaf Season 5 Episode 3 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

On tonight’s “Greenleaf,” Grace and Noah anxiously await to see their son AJ in the hospital. Although he’s reluctant to see his parents, he’s willing to see Sophia. So after Sophia sees him and is able to convince him to see Grace, AJ reveals a dark secret.

Next, James is forced to see a doctor by Mae for a physical. They also struggle to come up with a name for their new church. However, Charity, who’s bullied by Judee, comes up with the name and seemingly mulls over an offer from her parents.

Lastly, Jacob meets with Tasha who’s grieving a major loss. They visit Basie’s sister for answers regarding the will he found in Mac’s tacklebox. He then calls Kerissa’s bluff, revealing his findings to James.

Here’s the recap for, “The Third Day.”

A.J. is a publisher and writer for Urban Belle Mag. A.J. has a passion for HBCUs, learning technology, and reality tv.

July 7, 2020 at 11:17 pm

LeToya Luckett should have been brought back since this the last season of Greenleaf

• Shontae

July 8, 2020 at 9:46 pm

I agree!

• Cynthia

July 9, 2020 at 10:32 pm

I agree

2. Fanny

July 8, 2020 at 5:04 pm

Soooooo this wasn’t the twist I was expecting or wanted.

3. Dot

July 8, 2020 at 11:28 pm

I still have hope that Phil will come to his senses and double-cross H&H…to help Grace reveal the truth. .therefore confessing his true love and loyalty to Charity.

4. Douglas

July 9, 2020 at 12:30 am

I hope these writers are up to speed with the incredible medications now available for HIV patients. It is a chronic disease that is totally manageable. I hope they don’t write this as a death sentence because it by NO means has to be. This could be a learning experience for the black community. Write it well

July 9, 2020 at 12:04 pm

To be honest I can see why this show is being canceled. The writing is not good. I don’t know if it is me but it has not been any good since AJ arrived.

• Mary

July 11, 2020 at 12:11 pm

I so agree. If the final season’s script continues as is; its going to be very very disappointing. Why AJ, H&H? What’s the point of having Charity stoop this low – she’s a cry baby anyway. I think someone should “knock” Clarissa off – what a waste. Tyler brags about not having writers; boy does he need a few for the final season. Boring, boring, boring and not real at all. BTW – Tyler “fooled” us with the season finale of “If Loving You Is Wrong”. I think he is going to do it again. Perhaps he should stick to MADEA.

• Elz

August 6, 2020 at 7:30 am

Tyler is not associated with Greenleaf at all

6. Regin Lucas

July 9, 2020 at 7:35 pm

I hate to see this show be cancelled it’s had some great actors/actress. I agree with one comment this show went down with AJ coming into play, it took a whole new twist. Still my favorite show and hate to see it cancelled.

7. Candy

July 14, 2020 at 10:11 am

Will it be revealed who the person was at Faith’s gravesite?

8. Teresa

August 5, 2020 at 5:09 pm

I hate that James was killed off. Other than that, I still love it!!