Quantcast
La La Anthony Claps Back After a Viewer Complains About Her Role on 'The Chi'

La La Anthony Claps Back After a Viewer Complains About Her Role on ‘The Chi’

Photo Credit: Showtime/YouTube

La La Anthony is steadily building up her acting resume. So far, she’s appeared in multiple films and television shows. However, one of her biggest roles to date was LaKeisha Grant from “Power.” LaKeisha was the best friend to Naturi Naughton’s character Tasha St. Patrick.

Towards the end of the show, LaKeisha got more screentime. And her character got caught up in a lot of drama. While many supported La La’s time on the show, others were very critical. They were annoyed by her character. And they took issue with the actions they saw from the character on the show. So they had a lot to say about LaKeisha on social media. Some viewers really didn’t feel as if the character made the best decisions.

Others were more critical on a personal level. Instead of taking issue with LaKeisha’s actions on the show, they criticized La La’s acting abilities. And sometimes they were downright mean.

Some even said that Lala was one of the weakest actors on the show. But her costar Joseph Sikora had her back. So when someone tried to come for La La on his social media page, he responded. And he wasn’t having it. Neither was the actor who portrayed Tariq St. Patrick, Michael Rainey, Jr.

Regardless of some of the critics La La had during her time on “Power,” her acting career hasn’t slowed down at all. In fact, she’s currently starring on the current season of “The Chi.” So when someone else appeared to come for her once again on social media, she was ready with a clap back.

July 9, 2020 at 2:54 pm

People need to leave this woman alone.

• Twirl

July 9, 2020 at 9:09 pm

Exactly!

• Mamie Broyles

July 10, 2020 at 1:31 am

I like LaLa Anthony she is doing her and we as woman meet to support other woman not tear her down she is doing a good job go LaLa.

• Ann

July 10, 2020 at 2:44 pm

Leave this woman alone and stop hating

• J. Stancil

July 10, 2020 at 3:56 pm

I agree she did a good job. Just like fine wine things get better with time.

• TYRONE RICHARDSON

July 10, 2020 at 8:17 pm

Love her so fine

• JoAnna

July 16, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Exactly…….

• Delores Simpson

July 10, 2020 at 4:39 pm

I love her. 1. She didn’t write her Power scripts. 2.Her choices where were the same as many would make. 3. As for her acting…….just keep watching it get better and better. One day it might just be Oscar time.

2. Natalie

July 9, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Haterade must be bottled and cased to send out to people who have too much time and energy. La La has been doing her thang for some years now and I’m very proud of her.

• Cheri Baker

July 10, 2020 at 9:10 am

I am proud of Lala as well people must realize is acting it is not the actual persons way of living. Dang leave her alone.

• Auvril

July 10, 2020 at 4:08 pm

She’s cool and probably a nice person, that’s good. Beautiful woman and all. But please don’t get all of that mixed up with her ability to act. Because I have always said, she is the worst actress. But that’s my opinion and she’s not paying me any attention. So go get acting lessons and keep getting booked🤷🏽‍♀️

3. deb dyson

July 9, 2020 at 3:50 pm

It was a pleasant surprise to see LaLa on The Chi. Get yours girl!

4. Tea

July 9, 2020 at 4:31 pm

I think she’s doing fine on the show 🤷🏾‍♀️

5. Nessa

July 9, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I don’t understand the La La hate. Sis literally minds her business.

• Toney

July 10, 2020 at 12:21 pm

LaLa is doing an amazing Job on The Chi alongside with the rest of the Cast , I usually don’t get on Social media speaking about others , but this is a Strong Black Queen who’s living her best life , then you got these internet Trolls with no life that have nothing better to do than to follow her career and look for flaws , LaLa been making moves , she’s a Heavyweight in the game ,bthis is just another accolade in her life , so with that being said , leave this Queen alone and let her be great … The F-ck

6. Tiffany

July 9, 2020 at 11:54 pm

Get it LaLa I was so happy that you left one popping show. To another congratulations. Keeping doing your thing..

7. Tony Parker

July 10, 2020 at 1:36 am

Lala is doing a great job she brings a certain type of beauty and sex appeal to the show people don’t know what they talking about

• Miami13

July 10, 2020 at 1:43 am

Lala is beautiful and she can Act and she keeping it real with our people ,also she is sexy we as men need to see a black sister sexy .

8. Machele F

July 10, 2020 at 2:46 am

LaLa they hating keep doing your thing. I loce watching you on any show you are on.

• Machele F

July 10, 2020 at 2:47 am

My bad love watching you.

9. Kat

July 10, 2020 at 6:16 am

I like Lala and how they infused the dinner pop-ups for “da culture” on The Chi but also peeping how double messages were sent about predatory behavior (Lala Anthony’s character). It is not okay for women to objectify young men under the guise of sexual assertion and freedom. This happens to women all the time and we know the feels. I am def not translating that I feel this is acceptable to any young man I know. If a man asked us to give a quick flash at the door before doing business, we would be upset and we know because they do. Vying for equality should not look like swapping cringy behaviors.

• Mimi

July 10, 2020 at 11:15 am

Amen to your reply! I waa absolutely horrified to watch that scene. Objectifying him, while identifying her as a predator was/is unacceptable. It shows lack of creativity with the writers, something that seems to be the theme this season. I’m not sure how more episodes of season I’m going to watch. It is not nearly as good as previous seasons. Shame on the creator!

10. Pretty Girl

July 10, 2020 at 7:57 am

With everything going on in the world, people should be happy to see a black woman working and booking acting gigs like this. Be happy to see Black women winning. Stop putting each other down.

• Kat

July 10, 2020 at 8:21 am

I am extremely happy to see Anthony and any other black woman working. It is 100% okay to differentiate between criticism and critique. We as a collective have to get past being unable to critique certain things for the sake of blackness. For the sake of blackness we can celebrate and critique equally. Iron sharpens iron. I am delighted to see Dom running her business and trying to find ways to work it outside the box. I am not okay with the whole predator vibe I get. If a man was in the role and told a woman to show her breasts for business,it would be problematic. This is not about Anthony directly. It is about an aspect of the role. I am also not tone-def to the possibility that Waithe added this in as a think piece. Any good producer, writer or director has to understand how to work the art of provocation to draw people in and make them think and consider many things. I am for smart screen stuff, da culture and questioning narratives.

11. KC

July 10, 2020 at 8:30 am

People have to remember scripts are written for actors to betray. What is the point of being negative when the focus should be making change and being kind with the current issues that are going on. LaLa keep doing a good job. It was you that was hired for any character you have betrayed.

12. Joan Crawford

July 10, 2020 at 9:37 am

La la can do All things through CHRIST who strengthens her! GOD is blessing her not those who’d rather knock off her GOD given crown. May your blessings abound La la

• Peaches

July 10, 2020 at 11:14 am

You go LALA! Do your THANG!

13. Jimmy Crawley

July 10, 2020 at 12:10 pm

In life people always going to be negative or positive,I realized that we all have a right to our opinion but why downgrade a upcoming actress who don’t get in no one business…who is humble…stays out from the media the best she can…I always enjoyed lala presents on television and I’m proud of her accomplishments knowing how this world we all living in now as a crisis..My heartfelt love go to lala Anthony…Remember Jesus was not loved either by some..So you must be doing something right…Do you…

• Dianne Marie Bond

July 10, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Thank you! LaLa is doing a phonemenal job and she should ignore the haters!…..can’t stand them!! Get a frickin life and quit criticizing someone because they are making an effort and succeeding and you are not!!….BITTER BETTY!!

14. Byron Molette

July 10, 2020 at 12:13 pm

There had to be a way to keep Jason Mitchell on the show. His character made the show boom. Ended with his part worth waiting to see what was going to happen. Sucks so bad. Things can get worked out. This is why black show struggle to last. Even the lady that played his girlfriend didn’t return. How she not going to be at the funeral? Love the show hate the decisions.

15. Monica Roberts

July 10, 2020 at 5:38 pm

I think she does very well on the Chi as well as Power. I thought her character on the Chi was blind by the way she was looking when she came to the door and after conversing with lil cute dude then she asked to see his D!€k. I guess lil dude much shorter than she is and had to look at him from a taller person angle. Other’n that she Awesome, Tom tho.

16. Jamel Mandrell

July 11, 2020 at 2:54 am

People the Chi show had to change the casting situation to keep the show from crashing in ratings. La La Anthony resume is good enough remembering her as a VJ on MTV back in the 90’s and we were all tuned in then, the sister has been on TV for a long time now wouldn’t you agree? She was just part of a critical acclaimed cast on Power one of TV’s number one crime and drama programs that lasted six or seven seasons. Plus she’s beautiful eye candy no pun intended. I believe she has a confidence about herself and a knowledge in being in front of the camera making her ques hitting her lines, so please come off her she is doing great in my opinion. With all that’s going on in the world you would think (people) would worry about other things like racism, gun violence, police brutality, inflation of the economy, diseases and viruses. What any of you should be complaining about is another black man getting accused of sexual harassment and losing his job on a black show that depicts everyday life for minorities all over this country we call the United States land of the free! In my forty two years of life I don’t see or witness any unity in this country but we need to start my Brothers and Sisters time to wake up and stop hating on each other and start helping and learning from one another. Wesley Snipes said it best in New Jack City (Am I My Brothers Keeper) Yes We Are!!!!!! Real Talk no need for hating on each other because there’s enough in this world even without our contributions or participations on picthing against each other. Mind Elevation over everything, “Evolve”
    ONE LOVE.

17. Jeffrey

July 11, 2020 at 8:31 am

Do ur thing LaLa peace..

18. DeVette Y Isaac

July 11, 2020 at 10:52 am

Love you Layla u doing what they paying uto do tell melo we named my grandson after him

19. Richardt

July 11, 2020 at 1:12 pm

LOVE YOU LALA KEEP GIVONG US ALL HOPE AND DETERMINATION. YESSSS. LOVE YOU ANOTHER BLACK QUEEN

20. A Parker

July 11, 2020 at 6:54 pm

Auvril .you the type of person that don’t want to see a black person get ahead. Or a person of color you never mentioned about the time that the other two black women one pull out a d*ldo out right on TV, you didn’t mention that being bad acting.that ok we need people of color like La la to show other women of color they can make it. Doing something they love .

21. beverly a williams

July 11, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Girl you make it do what it do you doing a great job

22. Daphne Mitchell

July 12, 2020 at 9:39 am

I think LaLa is a good actress, She did very well on Power. How stupid to blame her for what was on the script.I personally found nothing wrong with the script. 👍🏽Good job girl!! Do your thing,Don’t worry about these jealous people.

23. ReenaCapri

July 12, 2020 at 11:56 am

She’s not a black woman, she’s Puerto Rican and has been given the green light by the black community to repeatedly use the N word. She drops the N word in scenes that aren’t even necessary, bit black folks are so brain washed, and suffer from such low self esteem that they wouldn’t know the difference.

• Anonymous

July 12, 2020 at 12:08 pm

Puerto Rican is not a race. It’s an ethnicity. La La and Carmelo Anthony are Black Latinos with Puerto Rican heritage. She also didn’t write the script she was given.