Quantcast
'Braxton Family Values' Star Toni Braxton Responds to Backlash over Recent Tweet

Urban Belle Magazine

‘Braxton Family Values’ Star Toni Braxton Responds to Backlash over Recent Tweet

Photo Credit: WE tv/YouTube

Toni likes to be as private as possible.

Braxton Family Values” star and R&B singer Toni Braxton isn’t usually one to get caught up in too much controversy. In fact, this is also true on the hit reality show. It’s very clear that Toni doesn’t like to have any drama with her family. So when her sisters clash and have their feuds, Toni likes to stay out of it. And she always prefers that things be peaceful within the family.

Toni is also a very private person. This is something she has opened up about on the show. And it’s not always easy for her to share too many details of her personal life.

However, her relationship with Birdman has kept her in the headlines. It’s always a mystery for fans of the show when it comes to their current status.

Toni’s recent social media actions resulted in backlash.

Birdman and Toni were engaged, then it was rumored they parted ways. However, months ago, Toni confirmed they were back on. And she did so on social media.

Interestingly enough, Toni is getting some criticism for her recent actions on social media. In fact, some people feel like a recent response she gave a fan was rude and insensitive. It all started when the fan revealed what they really wanted to happen on their wedding day.

1. Natalie

August 17, 2020 at 1:28 pm

Yeah that was a jab. Nothing more needs to be said. 🤐🤫🤭😶

• Angie

August 18, 2020 at 11:01 pm

She said what she said!! What’s the attitudes about ??? She costs money honey!!! Wtf!!!!

• Crystal

August 19, 2020 at 8:36 am

EXACTLY!!! She’s not going to come and sing for free. Even people who aren’t celebrities many times don’t sing for free. People have expenses – travel, time, etc. That was blown WAY OUT of proportion. People are so sensitive these days. I didn’t get anything that was offensive in what she said.

2. Yeah I Said It!

August 17, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Yikes Toni. LOL.

• Peaches

August 20, 2020 at 11:04 pm

You’re right

3. Feleeka Cotton

August 17, 2020 at 2:22 pm

To me, Toni Braxton has always been an uppity singer who could never relate. I wish high and mighty celebrities – like Toni and Ellen D. – would once truly appreciate how they got to be where they are. Talent is great but it takes support FROM ALL SIDES to get you to the top! I bet if Toni walked a block in that fan’s shoes, she would know what it means to truly love a celebrity singer so much that you wished they would honor you on your big day. Is Toni that out of touch? I know Ellen D. is – no doubt.

• Jasmine

August 18, 2020 at 12:58 am

Relating works both ways though. No celebrity singer wants to be thought of as someone you book for your everyday wedding. It means you have not accomplished major success if your everyday Joe can book you to sing at his little wedding! Toni does do private performances but that is for the wealthy and at 100K a performance like when she performed for Rihanna at an event and when she performed for the owner of Porshe at an event in Australia.

4. Baloney

August 17, 2020 at 7:58 pm

If you want her at your wedding then please start saving to pay her to sing at your wedding, What’s so rude and disrespectful about what she said and what part you didn’t understand. The world doesn’t owe you a d-mn thang.What p-sses me off is that some ppl have the audacity to believe that.Tonii B.You good in my book,and stop apologizing for what you say in response to foolish ppl writing.

• Lisa Warren

August 17, 2020 at 8:34 pm

It just ain’t that d-mn serious….jmo

• Wendy Pierre

August 18, 2020 at 12:41 pm

When I read Toni’s response I tool it as a way to say Yes I will sing at your wedding but it will cost you. No harm done. She was just letting her know its gonna cost a pretty penny.

• Osamom

August 17, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Music is her business, not a public service. I get it, but sometimes no response is the best response.

5. Tiffany

August 17, 2020 at 9:03 pm

I dont think Toni Braxton was being Rude..
    Basically, it will be a business transaction. If you want someone that has Toni Braxton status, you’re gonna have to pay period! This is her profession, her artistry. She gets paid to sing y’all! Ease up off my girl Toni now!#TEAMLIBRAALLDAY!

• Jasmine

August 18, 2020 at 12:59 am

Amen

6. Phyllis warren

August 17, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Toni don’t worry about what people say there are hating on you be happy and focus what you got going on in your life i love you style keep praying because up high and look down below please safe from covid19

7. CW

August 17, 2020 at 9:34 pm

How bout walking a little bit in Toni’s shoes as a celebrity. Even though her fans are the best thing that happened to her, she still has to make sure that she’s safe. There’s all kinds of people out here and you can’t be too careful today no matter who you are.

8. Margaret Clingan

August 18, 2020 at 12:39 am

I think Toni is very good at what she does and she don’t have to answer to no one at all that what make her the beautiful talented woman she is. All the haters just keep hating y’all will be alright.

9. Toni Brown

August 18, 2020 at 1:05 am

Not all that heavy 2 me. Celebs or ppl that sing professionally normally don’t go around using their voice 4 free. That’s just the way it is. What she should have asked was how much should she save? So no, I don’t c that as being rude. Just saying.

10. YettaBae

August 18, 2020 at 1:08 am

So what did Toni say that was disrespectful and or rude? And then she was being “High & Mighty” too? What Toni does is run a business and like any other business it takes money so maybe sometimes walk a mile in her stilettos! I simply missed the part about her being rude and all of that and Toni stop apologizing, and you shouldn’t be compared to Ellen either babes, good grief!!

• LaTonya

August 18, 2020 at 3:04 pm

I don’t see anything Toni said as being rude. Once a person obtains celebrity status they are entitled to be paid for what they do. It is an occupation, the way she pays her bills if you will. At the church where I am a member we’ve had a couple of people who have been on American Idol. That entitled them to obtain a higher status than I would on on in singing. Our Pastor informed them not t sing at weddings, funerals, or even church events for free. So Toni is just doing what she sould do because she has paid her dues.

11. La Brown

August 18, 2020 at 3:35 am

Toni keep doing what you do and don’t worry about what they have to say on social media

12. Rebecca Switzer

August 18, 2020 at 4:41 am

Well how much?? Lol..do you Toni and I will start saving if you for hire….some people just dont understand business..love you and be safe

13. Jackie moody

August 18, 2020 at 8:45 am

Lord knows everyone knows i love me some Toni…i wouldn’t be offended at all.
    I wouldve been flattered she responded…
    And if she said start saving my $
    That meant she would perform at my wedding..i would be screaming & hollering…
    I love her we are the same age & killing it
    Leave her alone

14. Me

August 18, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Tony is a true artist and yes if she were to sing at your wedding are anyone elses wedding you would have to pay her ..what an honor she even read the post and responded she was just being honest.

15. Marla Summers

August 18, 2020 at 4:25 pm

Bankruptcy Braxton That Was Cold 🙄

16. Marla Summers

August 18, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Watch yourself and don’t fall from grace! Bankruptcy Braxton.

17. keith hill

August 18, 2020 at 8:16 pm

I think it’s really funny how people really always seem to come for Toni Braxton no matter what she does.she ain’t singing at nobody’s wedding for free and she just letting you know it.I don’t care how she said it and I don’t care how most of you took it.you ain’t going to ask Beyonce Janet Jackson Rihanna to sing at your wedding for free not would you imply it get out your d-mn feelings and leave Toni Braxton alone she don’t owe nobody nothing nor does she have to sugarcoat what she says to make you feel better about yourself

• Bless4real

August 18, 2020 at 9:45 pm

You are so right. And unhappy people will always take a positive thing and make it into a negative because that’s all they see so let’s keep praying for the negative people in order for them to become positive people I liked your comment It was will said to me

18. Bless4real

August 18, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Toni didn’t say anything no different than anyone of your friends would have said. Cause my friend would have said you better start saving. And she only said start saving. What’s the difference? There was no rudeness there.

19. Gemini_image

August 19, 2020 at 8:34 am

People are so sensitive these days. At least Toni responded to her comment. Majority of those celebs dont at all.

August 23, 2020 at 4:38 pm

The lady wasn’t even upset with Toni, she instead responded and asked how much she should save. I know it came across as rude but I think she could have said it in a nicer way.