Quantcast
'Greenleaf' Star Keith David Addresses Bishop's Fate After THAT Episode

‘Greenleaf’ Star Keith David Addresses Bishop’s Fate After THAT Episode

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

Spoilers Below

It’s been an eventful final season.

Greenleaf” fans have been on an emotional rollercoaster. It’s the show’s final season and there has been plenty of twists and turns. The characters are struggling to fight back and save the church. But it hasn’t been easy. And in the process, a lot of truths have been discovered. The Greenleaf family has no choice but to come clean about secrets to move forward. However, the most recent episode is one that people are still trying to process.

It was a major episode for Bishop James Greenleaf.

The ending has fans of the show every emotional.

Rochelle Cross returned to get revenge for her father’s death. While the Greenleaf family thought that they could make things right by giving up the house, that’s not what Rochelle wanted. Instead, she wanted the truth about what happened the day her father was killed in a fire.

She has always believed that it was Bishop who was completely responsible.

At this point, Bishop realized that he would have to give Rochelle exactly what she wanted, the truth. And he did just that in one of the most powerful scenes in the show’s history. However, by the end of the episode, a lot of hearts were broken. And not just Lady Mae’s. Now fans of the show are wondering if Bishop died in Mae’s arms. Interestingly enough actor Keith David addressed this on social media.

August 6, 2020 at 10:16 am

I think he died. And I’m mad about it.

• Barbee

August 6, 2020 at 11:05 am

I do too. And the trailer for the last episode showed everyone wearing black. I don’t think he survived at all. I just don’t understand why the writers felt he needed to die. It wasn’t necessary.

• Marian E Kendrick

August 6, 2020 at 5:57 pm

I agree!!!!! Hurting cause this show is Mariancoming to an end….😪

• Gabrielle Beverly

August 6, 2020 at 10:40 pm

This is one of my favorite shows, hands down. Great writing and superb acting by everyone. I will miss this show so much but I guess all good things have to come to an end sometimes.
          Thanks to all who produced and worked so diligent on this show.

• Janice Williams

August 7, 2020 at 12:06 am

My husband would say, its tv honeybunch.
            Then, an hour later he would ask if i thought he really dead,
            I don’t but I hope not.
            I really want to see Bishop and Mae togher and happy.
            I thought the divorce was a stretch,
            Mariage only works if you work on it.

• Jean P

August 7, 2020 at 9:10 am

Heartbroken another GREAT Black starring cast bits the dust! Great ratings but quick death.

• Anita Kincy-Bush

August 6, 2020 at 6:28 pm

This makes me so mad. The family has come through so much adversity only to have the bishop to stroke out. The writers and producers should re-examine ending the show. We need Season 6 to tie up all the loose ends.

• Gloria

August 6, 2020 at 7:53 pm

Please don’t let Bishop die let him and lady Mae get remarry and Let them start the church back up and the Winan girl marry the black guy that go with that white girl can’t remember the names.Grace marry the boy daddy, lady mae son marry the cross girl brother wife

• Brenda

August 7, 2020 at 3:41 am

Okay gloria you’re writing your own version..Lol❤❤😄😄😁😁

• Diane Wood

August 7, 2020 at 5:15 am

It reminds me of A Family and Church who Loved Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. They are human and saved by Grace.
            Living the Good life with ups, downs,pitfalls and hardships.They are winners at the finishing line.Holding on to their Faith

• Janet Hill

August 8, 2020 at 8:05 am

Please help this is a show that shows us warts and I love it there so much trash on hope that in the future we will be presenting abetter portrail of Real Black lives not just fake ego ridden rich supposed professional women

• Judy Preston

August 11, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Why Bishop had to die. This was one of my favorite shows.

• Deiadre W Hobson

August 6, 2020 at 8:48 pm

We need this show to continue on with no ending.This is my favorite. I love Lady Mae and whatshe stands for. I love Bishop and the whole family. They are the TRUTH!♥️♥️

• Judy Taylor

August 6, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Please don’t let james be dead him and mae needs to go on and remarry the show is nothing without james

• Mercy

August 6, 2020 at 8:51 pm

I saw Tuesday episoode today and my whole day was a mess. I love the show so very much and how can it end. I watched Bishop and Lady Mae in the bedroom and I just feel it in my soul Bishop is not dead. But we will all see next week 😭

• gwendolyn martinez

August 9, 2020 at 4:16 am

I wish you didn’t leave the show I enjoy watching you

• Vivian

August 6, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Remember it’s tv. It’s good writing. No need to be upset how the show is going. They are doing an incredible job. This show has been so interesting, that it deserves nothing but positive feedback.

• Celeste

August 6, 2020 at 10:40 pm

I agree only positive feedback. I love how you worded it Vivian-tv, good writing and incredible job!

I too wish the tv show didn’t have to end but thank you for the journey. You all will be missed!!

• Lucille fanniel

August 7, 2020 at 1:18 am

Don’t worry I dont believe that the writer is go to write Bishop out of the show. I think that there’s too much more for us to see and learn. The writer of this show is super gifted.

• Kimmi Cee

August 7, 2020 at 1:36 am

I agree. I’ve been anxious since that episode went off.

• Barbara Ashford

August 8, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Yes indeed need a ending not guessing what happened but knowing what happened. I hope he is alive because James and Lady Mae have to give us an happy ending.

• Robert

August 6, 2020 at 7:03 pm

I agree

• Stacey McNeill

August 7, 2020 at 2:05 am

The family was all wearing black in another episode that made it appear Bishop was dead then, and he wasn’t. He sat down to have dinner with them.

• Debora

August 7, 2020 at 7:40 am

I totally agree with you,the Bishop doesn’t have to die there are more ways to continue to keep him in he is one of the major actors so I definitely hate to see him go.

• Slick

August 15, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Write to Oprah

• DAWN PRATT

August 7, 2020 at 6:39 pm

I felt the same way , WHY ? it wasn’t necessary in case he wanted to revisit the show some years later .

• Roy Fuller

August 6, 2020 at 5:30 pm

THEY BETTER HAVE SOME CHURCH NEXT WEEK.
      Send my Bishop off RIGHT

• Teresa guyden

August 6, 2020 at 6:11 pm

I really don’t think he died I might be around…

• Sharon

August 6, 2020 at 7:07 pm

Bishop is my favorite on the show. The voice of reason and his character is so believable. I had to go to bed after that last episode. So sad

• Teddy Hendrixx

August 6, 2020 at 8:01 pm

My heart got really heavy watching that episode

• Toni V

August 6, 2020 at 10:49 pm

I was upset. But every episode solidifies more and more that this is the very last season. Bishop stroking out is a msg scene. We have to take care if ourselves and pay attention to the signs our bodies give us. Lady Mae been begging his a-s to go to the Dr all season.

• John

August 6, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Prayer want let him die.

• Mook

August 11, 2020 at 10:22 pm

I didn’t want him to die. The dynamic is off. Im really upset about it

2. 100

August 6, 2020 at 11:32 am

Oh he’s dead. The silence at the credits spilled the tea.

• John

August 6, 2020 at 11:03 pm

This show is much better than Empire.

• Deborah

August 7, 2020 at 12:56 am

They are two different shows, Love them both and I wish both were still continuing

• DAWN PRATT

August 7, 2020 at 6:42 pm

That goes without question my heart was heavy and I’ll miss it . ❤️❤️

3. Hater

August 6, 2020 at 1:23 pm

I get the sense that he did die but you never know with these writers.

• Denise Andrews

August 6, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Mine too. I don’t want the show to end.

4. Tea

August 6, 2020 at 5:36 pm

He’s gone y’all. 😢

5. Deniece

August 6, 2020 at 5:47 pm

I think my boy Bishop is dead. Wow, never thought it would end this way.

• D

August 6, 2020 at 6:35 pm

I agree that they killed him off. I don’t think I will like the spin off without him and Lady Mae together, that is if there is going to be a spin off. I am just disappointed that it is ending.

6. Van

August 6, 2020 at 6:53 pm

If they’re going to do spinoff with Lady Mae Bishop gotta go. I’m disappointed.

7. shirw

August 6, 2020 at 6:55 pm

Remember there is a sequel with Lady Mae.Here’s an idea: Have Bishop Greenleaf in more or less a “vegetative state”or the death of Faith pops up with unanswered questions about her death or one of AJ abusers enter their lives….get the picture? There are so many problems to test their faith. What about Oprah coming in with secrets no one but her and Lady Mae know?What will Kerissa do as revenge now that she is no longer in the family?

• ClaudetteLeach

August 6, 2020 at 7:50 pm

Next week is the last show greenleaf will not be coming on again what is wrong with you people it has been canceled with all regrets.

• Isabell P Spencer

August 6, 2020 at 8:38 pm

This is one of the two shows my friends and I never miss. We always look forward to it, and we all are so disappointed that it was canceled. Whenever there’s a really good one that pierces your heart, it gets canceled. But the trash like housewives shows just keep going and going. I at least hope they found a way to close all those opened doors, don’t just leave us with no answers, PLEASE.

• Isabell P Spencer

August 6, 2020 at 8:39 pm

What?

• Cynthia Hill

August 6, 2020 at 8:56 pm

I truly don’t understand why an African American series can not continue. It’s no different than a Soap Opera. The Young and the Restless, Edge of Night, Days of our Lives, Guiding Light, General Hospital, Bold and the Beautiful and Search for Tomorrow. The writers insisted that they would keep these shows on the an ETERNITY.

Why is it, that we get an African American series, and can’t continue writing for it.

It is an OUTSTANDING series.
          The FANS would like to keep it on Ms. Winfrey.

Cinny H

8. Rachel

August 6, 2020 at 9:02 pm

NOOO!!!! After all that, you kill the Bishop!! There are so many story lines left untold. Why Oprah, PLEASE, this show must return and continue with the Bishop. Even If you’re planning to do a spin off, It wouldn’t be the same without Lady May and Bishop. If someone must leave let it be Karrissa. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW.

9. Phyllis T Shepherd

August 6, 2020 at 9:02 pm

We will really miss this show!

10. Johnnie Fuller

August 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

I love watching Greenleaf when would it be back on air can’t wait to watch the next episode. I also know all the characters in the show they are doing a great performance keep up the great work! And please bring Greenleaf back

11. Marylon Washington

August 6, 2020 at 9:24 pm

I’m so sad to see this show end, The show had good ratings, not as great as the first 3 seasons, however still good. I also went to bed upset James was killed off! Why? Greenleaf is ending!

12. Teri Anderson

August 6, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I hope he survives!!! But it is the final season. This family has been through the Ringer!!!!

13. Im Saying

August 6, 2020 at 9:59 pm

I’m definitely in agreement with most of you. I really don’t like the fact that Bishop died. This is not the ending I wanted and I doubt anyone did. He’s literally everyone’s favorite character on the show. They could have come up with something else. I still love the show though. I’m just disappointed.

14. Rochelle Evette

August 6, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Please let Greenleaf continue a next season I know that it’s just TV but I love this entire family… their bonds through thick and thin, their strong faith love morals integrity strength family values EVERYTHING and more!

• Deb Bie

August 6, 2020 at 11:07 pm

That’s why they killed James cause yall won’t let it go.It evidently didn’t generate the viewers needed to make the show financialy feasible.It’s over

• Rhonda Collier

August 6, 2020 at 11:08 pm

This seems to be the last season for Greenleaf and I will miss the acting, but I had to laugh at the comments made by @ Rochelle Evette. What morals, integrity and family love and support have these characters exhibited. The only thing I noticed is like so many other Mega churches( in real life) they would do anything for money and prestige. Deborah Winans character betrayed her family for a man. “Grace” who was suppose to be a woman of God was sleeping with a man not her husband the same with”Charity”. The mom committed adultery. The son his wife etc… This characters to me are exhibit what’s going on in many of our churches today and it’s not good. Blacks need to face reality, get out and vote, and stop idolizing that which doesn’t lift us up.

• Stacey McNeill

August 7, 2020 at 2:27 am

I have to agree with Rhonda. I’ve never attended a megachurch, but this is the most immoral church, not to mention LEADERS of the church, I could imagine. They have an open bar in Bishop’s office, some of them preaching that God’s okay with homosexuality, fornication and adultery by the pastors, pastors’ wives, and worship leaders, they all curse…They have no integrity or family values. They hurt, use, and blackmail each other.

15. Jocelyn

August 6, 2020 at 11:01 pm

If they have a spin-off and bishop not on it I will not be watching it

16. Kim Weaver

August 7, 2020 at 12:04 am

Bishop is not dead. He might cant talk or walk but Dead naw. This is not the first time they have worn all black;-)

• Felicia Blackwell

August 7, 2020 at 8:14 am

You see this is what’s wrong with human beings right now. The statements by Stacy and Rhonda speaking about who had intergrity, morals etc etc…. I tell you people always want to judge other people. He who has not sinned ” Let him Cast the first Stone” Let me say buy know means am I saying homosexuality is a Sin… This is another human being just as being a heterosexual. Everyone urinates, love their family, work, dance, laugh and oh yes goes thru Trials and Tribulation. We are all Gods children. Believe It!!!You know what… why dont we just let God deal with this and the behavior of heterosexuals. One thing that truly bothers me are people who are Holier than Thou. I mean really. This is reality that it does happen and oh yes we are made of Flesh. So…..the other things that were said yes are wrong to do but once again we are all made of Flesh. Theses ladies sound like they are judgemental and do not posses the ability to care about another human being unless they agree with it. How sad is that to live in such a bubble when they are by far not perfect I am sure. Only because we all fall short of what God actually expects of us. I do mean ALL!!!
      PSJust want to say..you see how Stacey saids “This is the most immoral church she could imagine. Stacey has grouped a few people (who she feels are unworthy) with the entire church. Really…. Stacy Rhonda Have a Bless and Wonderful Day.

17. Melissa Childs

August 7, 2020 at 8:53 am

This show has been great from the beginning, and I would like too see it become a series. There is so much truth to this story that is reality in the world today. The Bishop made a statement to the truth of many leaders today, about the seduction of the demons. I just want to ask if Ms Oprah is going to continue the story some other way. I need to know so I can subscribe. I want to know if Calvary recovers, what happened with Bishop, does Lady Mae carry Calvary, and so much more with the entire family. I love this show.

18. Michelle

August 7, 2020 at 7:14 pm

I luveeeeeee this show. Why must a good exceptional show with exceptional actors must come to an end after only a few seasons? When Bishop Greenleaf stroked out on the last episode, it was gut wrenching. I hope the final episode won’t leave us heart broken. We want only a good ending for this show since the world is not normal at the present time. We can’t walk away enduring so much sadness. With all the other unrest in the world, pandemic, systemic injustice and a president who keeps the unrest going on. Please give us a break. We want nothing but good for the Greenleaf family. Fairytale endings is still a good ending. We love to dream in this day and time, so let us.

• Gendolyn D Martinez

August 9, 2020 at 4:19 am

I wish the bishop would stay on the show he makes the show great to watch he played the part very well as a bishop I enjoy watching him

19. Fredonia Jones

August 9, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Pamela. I watch Greenleaf. I was confused because the post showed what looked like a real funeral program. I didn’t know if it was real due to him actually dying and the last episode was a tribute to him. I’m going to be really hurt if The Bishop is presented as dead on the finale. I liked The Bishop and wanted him to be victorious in reclaiming the church. Lady Mae is awful. I can’t abide with the things she says to her children and her husband. She is abusive, controlling, self righteous, overbearing, and a religious phoney. She gives us First Ladies and mothers a bad name. She does not represent neither of the us well. Like Charity, she want the church, a pulpit. Charity is sickening. All she wants is a pulpit and a p….! Karissa is bitter. Jacob needs to get it together. The girls are butterflies, still developing, their wings. I love Grace, Darius, and Tasha. I wanted Basie to redeem himself and Rochelle is treacherous.
    I hate it is ending this way and if there is a spin-off I will not watch it if The Bishop is not there.

20. Fredonia Jones

August 9, 2020 at 6:16 pm

I’m not sure about AJ. At one point I felt he was running a scam. He once said something about he had researched the he family on the internet. Leaving me to believe he is not really who he says he is. When I started watching Greenleaf, I felt it presented the lives of First Families in a somewhat positive and realistic light. It presented the First Families as human beings. As a former First Lady I know that our children are subjected to and liable to do the same things any other children. The same is true for the pastor and his wife. I had respect for The Bishop and Lady Mae, holding them in high esteem. But as it progressed I saw changes that troubles me. The Bishop seems to be true to his calling and reminds me of my late husband. On the other hand, I pray that no First Lady conducts themselves as Lady Mae. Actually I have known lots of church First Ladies and none have presented themselves as she. Of course if they were like that I guess it would have been behind closed doors. The ones I know present themselves as kind, gracious and supportive. I strive to be supportive of my husband, respected his calling and his job as a pastor and respected the members of his congregation. Lady Mae talks to her husband in an outrageous and mean spirited manner. Especially if he disagrees with her. I don’t want to see her inherit his church.
    First Family children are like all other children. They are subjected to frailties of life as anyone else. The family is like all families but there extra pressure on the children to be
    “good “. It’s a particular tightrope that First Families walk and they deserve to be commended for surviving such treacherous terrain. I’m interested to see if there is going to be a spin-off and the direction it will take.

• S

September 20, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Fredonia,
      That is the point of the show. Some people act one way in public and another way behind closed doors. Unless you are with a couple 24/7, you cannot say how they behave at all times. Lady Mae and the Bishop presented themselves one way in front of the public and a totally different way at home. This show exposes so many of the hypocrisies of the church. I have watched the finale five times. Some people no longer go to church and this show has drawn people back to the church! The church is full of sick people. Unless they wake up and over “care” they will be judged in the end. I have had to look at myself in the mirror and repent of a lot of things. I appreciate the writing and acting in this show. I cried almost the entire hour of the finale but laughed as well!

21. Vivian

August 11, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Please don’t let Bishop died off the show. This is a good show. Please keep the show. This is the kind of show that we need all need to watch.

22. CL

August 12, 2020 at 1:00 am

I am sooooo disappointed in these writers. Why the heck would they kill off such an integral part of the cast dynamic? I feel cheated like I wasted the past few years investing in an oil well that produced milk. This move makes no damm sense!!!!!!

• Angela Chiware

August 12, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Do I feel your pain! I feel cheated!