Quantcast
'Married to Medicine' Star Buffie Purselle Makes an Interesting Revelation About Mariah Huq

‘Married to Medicine’ Star Buffie Purselle Makes an Interesting Revelation About Mariah Huq

Photo Credit: Bravo

Buffie and Jackie clashed.

Married to Medicine” star Buffie Purselle had a very tough first season. In fact, it was an emotional one. While she appeared to get along with everyone at first, this changed after she clashed with Dr. Jackie Walters. While Jackie was giving a speech at an event, she called Buffie infertile. This was said in front of people that Buffie didn’t know. So she felt some type of way about it.

When Buffie tried to tell Jackie how she felt, it didn’t go well. In fact, Jackie was a bit dismissive and angry. She couldn’t understand why Buffie would think she would be malicious about something she has experienced. However, she would end up apologizing a couple more times later on in the season.

And at the reunion, she gave a heartfelt apology in front of Andy Cohen and the rest of the cast.

However, Jackie would later tell a follower she was cautious about Buffie. So it didn’t seem as if Jackie was willing to establish a friendship even though Buffie expressed being open to this at the reunion.

Contessa and Heavenly weren’t feeling Buffie.

Interestingly enough, Dr. Heavenly Kimes and Dr. Contessa Metcalfe were Team Jackie all the way. And they questioned if Buffie was using the situation for a storyline.

Heavenly clashed with Buffie about this multiple times. And Contessa threw some shade on social media.

After an eventful season, Buffie is done with the show. In a recent interview, she had something interesting to say about Mariah Huq.

1. Hater

September 15, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Oh this was obvious.

September 15, 2020 at 8:02 pm

They wanted Mariah miserable with no allies.

• Twirl

September 16, 2020 at 6:18 pm

Exactly!

September 15, 2020 at 10:08 pm

It’s a blessing to no longer be on this show. I hope Buffie realizes that.

4. B Smith

September 15, 2020 at 11:50 pm

Well just because Mariah want be on the show I personally have no reason to watch the Housewives anymore. You black women who suppose to be professional doctors let this sh-t go to y’all’s head and you act just a damn fool it’s crazy. Mariah has a lot of class and so does Buffie. Glad my baby days are over and my teeth are perfect because none of y’all would be my doctors. Heavenly all her patients has big teeth like hers and the Braxton lady. Good luck to all you ladies and farewell
    ….

• Queen 2

September 16, 2020 at 8:49 am

I agree. If all you ladies are so smart and business minded and think you’re all that. Why didn’t you pitch the idea for the show that has made you famous and putting more coun in your pocket? I’m not going to watch anymore. Quad, and all of you are trifling!!! Mariah God has you and your family. Take your gifts elsewhere. You’re better than they are!!!!!

5. Lovey

September 16, 2020 at 8:15 am

Ok so Mariah just has never done anything crazy huh? Y’all need to go way back to the beginning and watch again. Everybody seems to hate Quad but forget that Mariah was the one who got her on the show and them two together treated a few of the women like sh-t. Go back and watch again since y’all can’t remember.

• Diamond

September 16, 2020 at 8:22 am

I think you need to actually sit and watch this whole interview ma’am. Buffie said Mariah has done bad things. But also, that they ALL have. Yet, Mariah is the only one who was treated as the outcast to the point that any new person casted that befriends her is also turned into an outcast and pushed off the show. And maybe you need to remember that Mariah created this show. There is never an excuse for a black creator to be pushed off their own creation. If your dislike for Mariah has you overlooking that, the issue is you.

• Keonna

September 16, 2020 at 9:08 am

I agree

• Lovey

September 16, 2020 at 1:28 pm

Yes I remember that Mariah was the creator. That’s may be why she should have let the show air without her being a participant. That way she wouldn’t have bumped heads with the producer about confrontations involving her. But Ma’am you can miss me with that black sh-t, I’m Native American and also Black so I feel your pain twice as much. But not everything is about race.

• Diamond

September 16, 2020 at 1:56 pm

And you can miss me with the “I’m Native American” and black mess. Especially when there were tribes of Native Americans enslaving blacks and they were out here slaughtering us after we were freed over land. I’m not even surprised that someone like you fixed your fingers to say this isn’t about race. Meanwhile, no white creator at Bravo has been treated this way. Like I said before since I wasn’t clear the first time, a black creator should never be pushed off their own platform. Especially not when said platform makes a whole lot of money for white executives, a white production company, and a white-owned network. Mariah has every right to be on the show she created. She doesn’t have to stay behind the scenes because you said so. Get out of here with your nonsense. I’m tired of y’all telling black women what we can and can’t do. Or how high we should aim. Black women can be as bold as we want to be. Understand that right now.

• Patrice Welch

September 16, 2020 at 2:36 pm

That one really has me stumped. HOW do you get thrown off your own show!!!?
            Ridiculous..however, I never thought she fit in well with that particular group of women.
            I liked her nonetheless.

• Diamond

September 16, 2020 at 3:58 pm

Mariah has been mistreated behind the scene from day one. The production company is white owned and they had no problem telling Mariah she couldn’t wear a hijab, and they constantly refuse to give her credit on the spinoffs. They have other creators who aren’t black who have never been treated this way. This is racism. And as of right now, Mariah is not the only black woman calling foul over at Bravo. Bravo has had a race issue for a long time.

• Lovey

September 16, 2020 at 5:08 pm

DANG,,, you read me all wrong. I made it a point to say I’m Native and Black so you wouldn’t think I was going against someone just because of color. Yes Mariah is the creator, the one who picked the cast and pitched this show to more than one network. Even if the show went to OWN sh-t can still happen if your business deal wasn’t solid, Bravo can’t just break a contact because she’s black. If so then she should sue them and we’ll see if she does or not. I’m not trying to tell you what to do or how to feel. We all should be trying to achieve higher goals in whatever we do or what’s the point.My ancestors didn’t own no d-mn slaves, h-ll where were they gonna hold them in a d-mn teepee. @ Lana is absolutely correct it’s time people of color learn to stick together, you sounded like the oppressor with that “people like you” statement. I’m rocking in the same boat as you when it comes to race, h-ll they wanna dismiss Natives as if we don’t exist. Trust me “I’m woke” as folks wanna put it now days.

• Diamond

September 16, 2020 at 5:31 pm

Lovey, some tribes of Native Americans absolutely did enslave black people. This was well documented and discussed thoroughly in books. You should also read up on what these tribes were doing to free black people in Oklahoma. This isn’t new information. The fact that you didn’t know that isn’t my problem. There are plenty of books about this. Educate yourself or not, I don’t really care. Even today, some of the black people who descended from black slaves of multiple tribes are not allowed what’s owed to them. So I’m not really interested in that part of your narrative. I’m not even sure why you felt the need to tell me what your race is like it actually matters. There are people of color who have the same mindset as you and it’s common for people to make excuses as to why a black woman was mistreated. Mariah didn’t sign a “bad deal.” She’s just in a shady industry that has a reputation of mistreating people of color. In fact, the production company for Love & Hip Hop and Black Ink Crew was just fired by VH1 because they destroyed evidence of one black man’s murder at the hands of police. Why you have so much faith in them is not for me to understand. These production companies aren’t innocent. They are shady. And so are these networks. Bravo still has segregated shows and you question if racism could be at play. Whatever. Lastly, it’s not even Bravo that Mariah has a contract with. It’s Purveyors of Pop. And yes, they can break contract and then put the burden on Mariah to come up with enough money for a court battle. This happens a lot. Again, I don’t know why you have so much faith in white owned corporations given the history of their mistreatment of black creators. And no we’re not in the same boat at all. You give a lot of credit to white ran organizations like we’re not in the middle of a movement to fight injustices due to white supremacy. I can’t relate to you.

• Oprah's Wig

September 16, 2020 at 5:42 pm

Actually, Diamond is correct. Certain tribes of Native Americans did enslave black people. I believe the Cherokee, Chickasaw, and Choctaw tribes did in particular. I’m sure there were more. The Cherokee tribe enslaved around 600 black people. I don’t understand how more people don’t know this.

• Lauren

September 16, 2020 at 5:49 pm

This is why I like to come on here and read comments sometimes. Every now and then someone on here says something and educates me on something I didn’t know. I had no idea Native Americans also had black slaves. I’ve been on Google reading about it now and I’m totally in shock. Thank you for this. I definitely need to read more books.

• FeaginLove

September 16, 2020 at 7:21 pm

• Oprah's Wig

September 17, 2020 at 10:08 am

@ Lauren, I think it’s excellent that you want to read more. Reading is literally a superpower for humans, especially black people. I’m a book worm and love to read as much as I can. But can I suggest you check out Black Fortunes by Shomari Wills? He touches on natives enslaving blacks as well as the rise and fall of Black Wall Street. I particularly enjoyed reading about the first black millionaires, it’s inspiring for me as a business owner.

• Lana

September 16, 2020 at 3:44 pm

You being black and native american means nothing. Especially when there are plenty of people of color who turn a blind eye to racism and unfair treatment if it’s happening to people they don’t like. And black people have a long history of not supporting our own. You can go on that Kenya and Porsha post and see it plainly. It was black women dragging Porsha for protesting. Now please name one white creator over at Bravo who has been treated like Mariah. She created the show and they have not honored her contract, and this includes not letting her have a say so in the spinoffs.

• Goodbye

September 16, 2020 at 4:15 pm

Girl you sound crazy. Mariah doesn’t have to stay behind the scenes. LVP didn’t on her show. Who cares if Mariah clashed with the other people on the show? Drama is why people watch. Sounds like to me she did a good job. Out of all the confrontations Mariah has been in, she’s never put her hands on any producers like Teresa did on RHONJ, who was not disciplined for it at any point so why are you bringing up Mariah’s past confrontations like they mean anything? Mariah was done dirty period! And yes, it’s about race. The black women at Bravo are never given the same treatment as their white peers. H-ll, they literally fired Kenya for not getting married on the show. They stay trying it!

• Cheryl

September 17, 2020 at 10:55 am

Well said Diamond!

• J

September 16, 2020 at 11:57 am

You must have been seeing with your ears and hearing with your nose. Jackie, Simone, Keri and Toya were dragging Quad. Toya talked about the marriage was fake and had receipts on Quad, Simone said Quad was rough around the edges, Mariah went to war with Keri over Quad and was about to cancel her part of the event, while Jackie admitted that she was being too judgemental Quad. Mariah had to keep asking them to show her the ropes and be nice to her. Quad did not start a single argument with ANY of the women in season 1. The fight at the event started when Toya kept pulling on Mariah’s hair while talking badly about her mother at her own event. She waved Toya’s hand away and Toya continued grabbing at her. You will not sit here and spout off your alternative facts. Season 1 is still posted everywhere including YouTube. Google it.

• Lovey

September 16, 2020 at 5:26 pm

If that’s true I could be very much mistaken, I’ll have to go back and see what I missed. I was pretty certain that Mariah was upset with Toya for letting it be known that Mariahs oldest daughter wasn’t her husbands daughter. Miss Lucy makes herself a target when she involves herself in her daughters business. I know we’re suppose to respect our elders but not everyone will be able to handle the disrespect she’s given out to other adults.

6. Scorpio lady

September 16, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Mariah put her hands on TOYA first. Toya kept pushing Mariah hands away.

• Sheika

September 16, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Nope. Just watched it. Toya put her hands on Mariah first and was grabbing her hair. They kept talking, Mariah then rubbed Toya’s hair, Toya got agitated, pushed Mariah away and then threw her glass at Mariah. Then Mariah hit her with her purse.

• Lovey

September 16, 2020 at 5:39 pm

Girl Mariah should know better than to put her hands on a black woman’s hair. Her husband probably can’t rub his hands all thru that without her saying so.😉😅

7. Gladys

September 16, 2020 at 4:18 pm

I honestly feel like it’s the production company who should have been fired. They are now responsible for two failed spinoffs. Mariah’s show is the only successful one and that’s because she casted most of the people. She came up with the concept and she has an eye Purveyors of Pop does not have. Bravo should have parted ways with them when they realized they weren’t getting along with Mariah. It’s her show, show her some respect.

8. cheryl

September 17, 2020 at 11:01 am

Love you Buffy! You were a breath of fresh air on the show. It was getting stale…Jackie let something go to her head when she said if she has to apologize again maybe she should leave the show. WOW! is that how we living now? Her apology was so -in the words of the young girls – STANK!

9. Feelove74

September 20, 2020 at 7:29 am

Meanwhile…Kim K walked off a show and was rewarded with her own show, which has failed miserably in the ratings and it’s going on its 8th season!! Lisa Vanderpump has NEVER been mistreated and has had MAJOR success with her own show. Bravo has had the BIGGEST, MOST SUCCESSFUL reality star in Nene “Smithsonian” Leakes and has treated her like dog poop when they felt like her head got to big. This is what Bravo and white execs do…they want black women to STAY IN THEIR PLACE. It’s really sad but Mariah is getting the same treatment….ON A SHOW SHE CREATED!!! Racism is real and Bravo still practices it.