Entertainment

Iyanla Vanzant Responds to Criticism from Shay Johnson + Shay Calls out Wendy Williams

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

Shay Johnson and Iyanla Vanzant had problems on “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”

Shay Johnson and Iyanla Vanzant clashed on “Iyanla: Fix My Life.” Although Shay and her brothers came on the show with the intent to hash things out with their mother, Shay didn’t anticipate that she would be called out, too. Turns out her mother wasn’t the only one who felt as if Shay’s mouth was a problem. Both her brothers Emjay Johnson and Dr. Joe Johnson said that Shay could be flat out disrespectful at times.

After they expressed this, Shay called them out as well. And Iyanla wasn’t happy about this because she asked Shay to not say anything back and just listen to what her siblings had to say first.

Iyanla and Shay would end up clashing over this. And before Shay left the session, she told Iyanla, “F*ck your process!” Iyanla then decided she would not sit down with Shay, again. But Shay’s family was able to continue. Shay would later be brought back to hash things out with her family, but Iyanla refused to be there.

So Shay took to Instagram Live to address the situation. And she said that she feels like Iyanla doesn’t “own up to sh*t” and she has a “smart a*s mouth.”

Shay Johnson calls out Wendy Williams.

Wendy Williams asked Iyanla about this when she appeared on her talk show. She said, “Shay Johnson, who I believe was Buckeey on Flavor of Love, remember? She says that you abused your power.” Wendy continued, “She ran away from the house and then you brought her back, and then she ended up going on social media immediately and saying horrible things about you and the show and you and you and you.”

In response to this, Iyanla said, “Not true, I did not put her out. She left, that was very clear because I think she wasn’t in control of the process and she…it’s very clear. We don’t use a script and we tell a story. And she left on her own.” She continued, “And she has her version of what happened and I have mine. But here’s the bottom line, every guest gives me an intention. Her intention was to get healing for her family. That’s what she said, that’s in the show. And that’s what happened. She left but her family got the healing.”

Shay was not happy about this. So she called out Wendy on Instagram.

She posted the clip of what was said, and in the caption, Shay wrote, “Messy @wendyshow 😂 🤦🏽‍♀️. My “LIVE” you’re referring to was my opinion with my experience on #FixMyLife …I did not say horrible things about @iyanlavanzant 😂… I spoke my truth and that’s that have a blessed day 😘 (P.S. @wendyshow you should go on the show! We all know you need to “FIX YOUR LIFE”) could help 🤷🏽‍♀️

You can check out the post here.

Pages: 1 2

November 13, 2020 at 11:33 am

This right here is exactly why Shay should have stayed for the entirety of the session with Iyanla. She is very defensive, confrontational and messy still.

• Kim

November 14, 2020 at 5:45 pm

You are absolutely right!And here is another thing that I would like people to grow to and get.How you feel about Iyanla is not the focus.Shay seems to think that her telling Iyanla how to behave is her place.Shay came to that woman for help.She told her that she may not like her at times.Shay response was “Im not gonna dislike you”.lol So,When Iyanla did nothing but let her brothers tell her how they felt about her shay lost it and went off on Iyanla.But,Thats why you were there sweetie! And like Iyanla told her she cannot control the process and shay didnt like that.I notice that many critics of Iyanla and guest to the show always want to talk about how she is but its not about her.And she didnt ask them for their help.Its not about critiquing her you are there to be critiqued and helped.See I remember when I use to be like that.I was quick to tell somebody about how they were acting because i didnt like something that they said about me or to me that was true.LOL

• MsCoCoMango

November 15, 2020 at 8:22 pm

CoSign EVERYTHING u said

2. Erica

November 13, 2020 at 11:41 am

Shay still thinks she did nothing wrong and that’s insane to me. Even after she acted a fool, Iyanla still defended her after she left and helped her family understand where Shay was coming from.

3. Trina

November 13, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Shay knows that she was wrong. Pride will not allow her to admit it nor allow her to accept help.

• Karen Aghaji

November 13, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Shay is narcissistic b…no healing for her until she can take what she dishes out! Pray for her

• Carol young

November 14, 2020 at 9:19 am

Shay was very disrespectful to Iyanla!

• Julie Burnie

November 14, 2020 at 3:32 pm

The really sad thing is that she’s NOT changed since she was on flavor of love.. Shay gives drama queen a whole new meanin plus no hair do or outfit she wears can hide how hood she remains

4. Bosslady

November 13, 2020 at 7:01 pm

Shay is a loud mouth rude person. Listening is her biggest problem, and until she can do that she’s gonna always bump heads with everyone about anything. ” Shut your mouth for once and just Listen”. ( Potty Mouth”)

5. Deloris

November 13, 2020 at 7:21 pm

Lyanla tried to fix your life shay you ran away the truth hurts get out of your feelings lots of people watch lyanla show and you knew this why call out Wendy

6. Gloria underwood

November 13, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Shay I watch the show and you were wrong your brothers was right for telling you how they feel your mouth is something else you need help I’m proud that your brothers talk things out hopefully if you don’t come around they will keep in touch with each other god bless those two young men shay fix your life

7. Natalie

November 14, 2020 at 7:02 am

Shay is a straight up mess. She’s very delusional and simply couldn’t handle the truth. In her mind she always seems to be getting attacked(playing victim)so instantly she goes into defense mode.
    She asked Iyanla for help but stepped into Iyanla’s world ready to act up because both of her brothers came at her about her funky attitude. We all saw that way before Iyana tried to fix her life!
    Sis got a lot of nerve to continue her disrespect of Iyanla on social media. That was punkish when she could’ve said it to Iyanla’s face. I feel she’s made herself look worse.

8. Tanya

November 14, 2020 at 12:00 pm

I saw the show as well. Shay is used to having her own way and not being called on her stuff. She acted like a brat! And until she understands that there are consequences to her actions, she will never attempt to change!

9. Mary

November 14, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Shay was so wrong in the way she acted and her mouth is shameful. She needs to own her behavior. So glad the rest of her was healed. Shay is really a mess.

10. Barbara

November 14, 2020 at 3:44 pm

I saw the show as well. Her mom started off not remembering she call her own daughter a demon until the receipts was shown. Same with Shay her selective memory something else.

She throw temper tantrums all the time. Really to old for that.

11. Sasha

November 14, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Shay a a very broken woman. It happens. When Scrappy publicly dumped her for Erica on air she felt belittled I’m sure. At SOME point t you need to reflect, correct, and move forward in life. On these shows (all of them) she is simply treading mud repeating the same character over and over. I hope that she figures it out. No one likes a nasty and bitter person. Male or female. I also wish her well.

12. kevin wilcox

November 15, 2020 at 7:42 am

I can identify with shay there’s pieces of her life you can tell she obviously leaving out. she leaves it out because she knows it would clarify exactly what everyone is saying. This lady has clearly been in multiple situations where she has needed defense she’s been if not physically definetly mentally and verbally abused. I am a young brother of two siblings both boys who has sinced passed away they were 14 years older then. My mom worked 3 jobs so I was left daily in the care of the two of them. I was tortured teased I was even an unwilling wwe fighter always tag teamed 2 against one. Not to mention im 5’6 so you can imagine what growing up was like. what im getting at is seems like defending myself is all I know and im very protective of my feelings if I even feel you coming my way in a funny manner I’m like a pit when u step into his territory. woof woof woof off rip. Because of this im constantly in arguments fights have lost many friends as well. SO I don’t agree with the behavior but I can relate. And im sure just like me when she’s in her own space and after she realizes the hurt she just caused somone she loves ( cause oh yea if we don’t love you we not arguing with you) might toss a couple demon words at n tell you stfu, But when we trying to get you see that we actin like this from the heart as shitty as it may seem if you don’t recognize the hurt in our eyes we get very defensive its like all we hear is But but n but. im sure she hates what she said or what she did but dont expect her to say it or show it until she feels or you extend a olive branch after the altercation or showed love at a time that supercedes the previous situation.What I do now and it does help is I catch myself so now when sombody starts to get out of pocket. I etheir change the situation or if it’s a situation that must continue I tell myself save that energy for a neccesary war. So I listen more and I realize not all the time but a lot that people were actually saying stuff to because they cared and felt i wasnt understanding they side and was being a lil defensive because they knew my defense was already up so they come prepared lol see how that worked

13. kevin wilcox

November 15, 2020 at 7:55 am

I can relate with shay there’s pieces of her life you can tell she obviously leaving out. she leaves it out because she knows it would clarify exactly what everyone is saying. This lady has clearly been in multiple situations where she has needed defense she’s been if not physically definetly mentally and verbally abused. I am a young brother of two siblings both boys who has sinced passed away they were 14 years older then. My mom worked 3 jobs so I was left daily in the care of the two of them. I was tortured teased I was even an unwilling wwe fighter always tag teamed 2 against one. Not to mention im 5’6 so you can imagine what growing up was like. what im getting at is seems like defending myself is all I know and im very protective of my feelings if I even feel you coming my way in a funny manner I’m like a pit when u step into his territory. woof woof woof off rip. Because of this im constantly in arguments fights have lost many friends as well. SO I don’t agree with the behavior but I can relate. And im sure just like me when she’s in her own space and after she realizes the hurt she just caused somone she loves ( cause oh yea if we don’t love you we not arguing with you) might toss a couple demon words at you n tell you stfu, But when we trying to get you see that we actin like this from the heart as shitty as it may seem if you don’t recognize the hurt in our eyes we get very defensive its like all we hear is But but n but. im sure she hates what she said or what she did but dont expect her to say it or show it until she feels or you extend a olive branch after the altercation or showed love at a time that supercedes the previous situation.What I do now and it does help is I catch myself so now when sombody starts to get out of pocket. I etheir change the situation or if it’s a situation that must continue I tell myself save that energy for a neccesary war. So I listen more and I realize not all the time but a lot that people were actually saying stuff to because they cared and felt i wasnt understanding they side and was being a lil defensive because they knew my defense was already up so they come prepared lol see how that worked