Quantcast
Neffeteria Pugh is Still Upset Iyanla Vanzant Called Her a Guttersnipe

Urban Belle Magazine

Neffeteria Pugh is Still Upset Iyanla Vanzant Called Her a Guttersnipe

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

Iyanla Vanzant and Neffeteria Pugh clashed on “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”

Neffeteria Pugh’s appearance on “Iyanla: Fix My Life” was a hot topic on social media. Neffe went on the show with her then-husband Shelby “Soullow” Lowery. They were really struggling to stay married. But Neffe made Iyanla question if she was really there to get help or just there to be on television. This is due to the fact that Neffe posted a video of herself showing off her hairdo and giving props to her hairstylist while en route to film the show,

At one point, Neffe stormed off after Iyanla called her a “guttersnipe” and a “nasty b*tch.”

During the scene, Iyanla said, “You notice I’m calling you Neffe, now. I’m not calling you Miss Neffeteria anymore because Miss Neffeteria understands who she is. But Neffe don’t get that.” She continued, “Neffe has been running her life but Neffe is a nasty, vile guttersnipe right up out the hood.”

Neffeteria Pugh vented about Iyanla Vanzant .

Neffe recently addressed this while talking to Shay Johnson on Instagram Live.

She said, “I went on this show with my husband at the time to save my marriage. It did more torment than healing. This woman…let me tell you, what people don’t understand is this woman called me a b*tch. She said, ‘Neffe, is a b*tch, a guttersnipe, straight up out the hood.’ Which made me get up, walk off the set so that I could respect my elders.”

Neffe said she decided to return to the show after her first experience but it didn’t go well, “Then I went back again to make sure that I was not tripping.” She continued, “And I got the same results. So it’s not you, I just wanted to come on and say that I commend you and I love you. Your strength is amazing. You know that you’re my sista from another mista. And I am so proud of you and all that you are doing.”

With Iyanla confirming that this is the show’s last season, Neffe suspects it’s ending because of the criticism Iyanla has received.

She said, “Here is my thing, why is she done?” Neffe continued, “I’ma tell you why. It’s a lot of people saying, ‘You ain’t help me do sh*t but you caused more harm than help.’”

1. Natalie

November 18, 2020 at 8:45 am

Neffe is a deeply hurt person who refuses to recognize what’s causing her issues.
    Shay is the same way sorta. She recognizes there are issues but refuses to resolve them.
    Personally I don’t see the wrong in anything Queen Iyanla has done. There’s a method to the process and they didn’t adhere to it.
    The defensiveness and delusions got in their way or they were just blind to their behaviors.

• Shayla

November 18, 2020 at 11:12 am

Well said sis.

• Gregory Davis

November 18, 2020 at 6:20 pm

I loved it when Iyanla called Neffeteria A “VILE GUTTERSNIPE B-TCH”. She hit it right on the head. Neff was described beautifully.Well said Iyanla.

• Ree

November 20, 2020 at 5:12 am

Amen!,,,,,

• Unique

November 22, 2020 at 6:05 am

Facts 💯

• Jane

November 18, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Why go on show if you didn’t want any help. Yall look like idiots she was try help. Now ya’ll want talk mess about lady. She good , she dont care what yall say. God got her. She heal maybe if you would listening you would be have a conversation with each other . You both miss out on healing. Look at yall putting yall mouth on her for nothing. God Help You Lady.. zGod Bless both Yall.

• Tawanda Redmond

November 18, 2020 at 7:35 pm

They are b-tches and they don’t get along with no one how bout that!!!!!

• Brenda Jones

November 18, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Both of yall b-tches dumb b-tches

• Denise

November 19, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Amen

• Penny B.

November 18, 2020 at 5:50 pm

Agreed.

• Charlotte Hill

November 18, 2020 at 5:59 pm

Right you are,some people are so caught up in their own stuff and can’t see no wrong in anything they do,they have to immediately reflect whatever behavior that is their responsibility on someone else cause it’s to painful to except their own behavior as wrong,learned behavior and all they know as survival instincts, its easy to blame Iyana for the process thereby excusing your behavior as if it only started once you sat down with her and you had no clue that your behavior was unacceptable all a long as well as other members of your family

• Marie

November 18, 2020 at 6:14 pm

I totally concur. She called them out for their horrible behaviors and they couldn’t take it. At the end of the day Ms. Vazant will be fine these two broads will still be broken and lost souls tripping on some reality shows that show their buffonery and ignorance.

• Bernie Williams

November 18, 2020 at 6:41 pm

I totally agree

• Anita

November 18, 2020 at 7:37 pm

I truly believe that hearing the truth for some people is very difficult.They choose to write their own narrative. Essentially, you will never find peace and true freedom if you continue to be a slave to your own distortion. Just because the truth hurts, does not mean it’s not the truth. Most times when other truths are exposed, person’s say ” you made it worse”. Well, it had to cone to a head, that’s all. Now, what did you learn? Will you continue to say it someone else’s fault? What part of yourself can you make better? How will you move forward?

• Pam wildcat

November 18, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Natalie,
      Please don’t come here and brag and reward Iyanla,for that ugliness. I have watched her tv shows, a few times, out of disappointment, hoping I would see a positive change in her. Is she still cruel to women and girls? She sure does treat men like kings.
      I thought she was a “sista”. I thought she had been schooled on how not to demean females.
      I guess our society will continue exalting men. The husbands she speaks to, have done wrong, but they get exalted and coddled. Dont get it……
      But I am glad I don’t kiss up to men and tear women down.
      Beryl
      Nov 18, 2020

• Jazzy 1026

November 18, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Pam you and I must be the only ones who see that she only for the ratings and not to encourage females. If I ask you not to include some of my past pain why would you do except for ratings.

• Trice

November 18, 2020 at 10:03 pm

This is such a whiny narrative. Iyanla does not coddle toxic people like Shay and Neffe who don’t want to be helped. If you come on her show and aren’t serious about being helped, you will get called out, male or female. Ask DMX. And if you don’t want to discuss your past pain, you don’t really want therapy. Neffe and Shay didn’t want therapy, they wanted a check and TV appearances.

• Trice

November 18, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Stop it. The problem is y’all expect Iyanla to coddle people because they’re females. If you’re toxic, Iyanla is calling you out on your BS period. If Shay and Neffe are who you’re siding with, two toxic women who have been toxic on TV for pay, that’s on you. Iyanla has been hard on men before. Ask DMX.

• Nikki

November 22, 2020 at 11:18 am

What does being a “sista” have to do with calling people out on their ish? Iyanla and DMX did’t get along either…remember? There are a lot of us who don’t want to hear the dirty truth about how we act sometimes. Iyanla gives the dirty truth whether you like it or not. Some people appear to be strong and tough on the outside, but as soon as someone tells them about themselves they get weak and whiny. Iyanla is not being ugly..she is being honest! There are people in our race that desperately need that honesty because they go on public platforms and embarrass the black race..making us all look ignorant!

• Jennifer

November 19, 2020 at 5:21 am

Amen

• Kimberly Theo

November 19, 2020 at 5:34 am

Right! Everything you just said!

• Jennifer

November 19, 2020 at 10:48 am

You can’t help a person who doesn’t want to be helped. The show is not about things going the way YOU think they should go maybe that’s the reason why you couldn’t be helped don’t blame iyanla because you refused to listen to what she says

• Renee'

November 20, 2020 at 12:15 am

@ Stella 💯💯.

• Annette Watkins

November 19, 2020 at 11:46 am

I agree with your opinion..Miss Iyanla is old school and straight to the punch. I think both ladies are use to controlling a situation along with no listening when they get touched by the truth..They need to dig deep for the healing.

• Stella

November 19, 2020 at 12:49 pm

I agree, In Fact I know it’s my opinion and everyone has one But I Love The Show and in all Reality this show has healed me in Areas by just watching it…This Lady is doing a GREAT JOB🙏And if this it over for the show I just want to say JOB WELL DONE GOD’S GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT”POWER TO THE PEOPLE”

• WinterRay

November 19, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Yes Girly Yes.

• T

November 19, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Exactly. I am sure Neffe been called a B!tc# plenty of times however this is the one time that torments you..PA-LEASE.
      And negative people connect with like minded folks..so her & Shay connected over some words they don’t like. Both of them went on there for clout not help.

• Darlene N Anderson

November 19, 2020 at 9:51 pm

EXACTLY,the truth hurts!!! I ABSOLUTELY love how Iyanla handled the both of them. They are used to people being fake and telling them what they want to hear instead of telling the the truth. Excuse my French but she got down on sen h-es level and they couldn’t take it…PERIOD!!!

• Renee'

November 20, 2020 at 12:06 am

You are spot on 💯💯. Shay won’t admit her faults. She likes to blame everyone else period. What did Mz. Iyanla do that disrespected her?? If she wants a relationship with her brothers – why come they can’t expess how they feel n interact with her. Shay wants to run the whole show. Didn’t she call Mz. Iyanla for help. Enuf said!

• Turonda Holloway

November 20, 2020 at 9:04 pm

Both Shay and Neffe have foul mouths, they don’t respect anyone. They want to tell and scream to get their insane point across. Both are narcissistic and dominating personalities. True iguana is bold but she has to be to deal with personalities that are damaging to the process.

2. Blackrose

November 18, 2020 at 8:51 am

No one wants to take accountability. Why didn’t she mention why she called her that? Stop whining you went on the show for attention. You got it.

• Renee Lee-Coleman

November 18, 2020 at 11:13 am

They both need to take ownership of their issues and actions. Shay your brothers and mother got something good out of this. Newfield you are just said. You have issues you are rude and treated your husband like crap. She called you how you were acting.

3. And What?

November 18, 2020 at 9:47 am

I feel like Neffe and Shay came on the show for a check and they couldn’t handle it when they were hit with the truth about themselves. So now they want to get on IG and put all this blame on Iyanla. It says a lot that Shay’s whole family was able to get the help they needed and she’s the only one who didn’t because of that mouth of hers. And Neffe’s ex husband seemed to get help too. Seems like Neffe and Shay are the problems.

• aevans

November 18, 2020 at 1:44 pm

You are so correct they only wanted to be relevant Both act like uneducated fools The truth they cannot stand.

• Hemmingway Strevel

November 18, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Only people complaining are reality show nightmares who already have issues with being told what to do.Guessing these women argue with a rock!

• Lisa C.

November 18, 2020 at 6:50 pm

True

November 18, 2020 at 10:11 am

I’ve noticed it’s usually the reality stars who don’t get help but most of them are just there for a check and relevance anyway. The best and most powerful episodes are with regular people.

• Shayla

November 18, 2020 at 11:13 am

Bingo.

• Renee'

November 20, 2020 at 12:19 am

Agreed.

5. Chelly

November 18, 2020 at 12:39 pm

Iyanla said her TV persona was a guttersnipe but her real self, Neffeteria, was a much better human being. Neffe misunderstood Iyanla and that’s on her. But it’s interesting seeing how passive-aggressive Shay is being about all this. She’s bothered that most placed blame on her for her time on the show ending up the way it did. So she thought she was slick by inviting Neffe on her IG Live so they could make Iyanla out to be the issue.

6. Letrice

November 18, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Everybody that wanna put blame on iyanla need to stop pointing the finger at her and point the finger at themselves. None of them wanted to do the work. Nobe of them wanted to hear thectruth. They arexall just to a YES person and iyanla was not going to be that person. Tamara Shay and Neffe all didnt except the process. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its a dam duck. Iyanla isn’t leaving due to backlash cause the show has been successful before those ladies even came on there its called it ran its course and time to move on.

7. julia davis

November 18, 2020 at 2:40 pm

In a way both u women are the same. U claim u want help, but when things don’t go your way it’s somebody’s eles fault. U women need to really change, cause it’s not good for people around u and ur kids, Neffie u know u didn’t really come on there to fix ur marriage, neitheir did shay want to fix her family coming on with ur breast out, u 2 really need some help and i’m here to tell u i van see through u, i know crazy when i see it.

• Ellena

November 18, 2020 at 3:55 pm

Shay and Neffe are very disrespectful they are the ones came on the show and Iyanla only tried to help these two damaged girls I say girls because when you can’t own up to what your doing so grow up and Shay all you are is a attention little thot

8. BJJone

November 18, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Really Neffie get over it ur not that important and never has been..This women is real n DO NOT hold back… ur just a wanna be celebrity that’s greedy for that money..I say if ppl don’t wanna go on her show knowing she’s gonna be real…stay the hell off…I saw that show n she just called like she saw it…hopefully you nnur mom is better because u 2 we’re HOT MESS!!!!!!

9. Penny B.

November 18, 2020 at 6:04 pm

Ms. Iyanla, Judge Judy and that one teacher who was about educating/preparing you for the standardized test and the real world and also about that life have one thing in common: You could not run game on them. You will do the work. And you will not lie about it.

What made each of these “stars” and some obstinate regular folk think that they could run game or any other agenda on her? THEY CALLED HER!

Their complaints sound like a new gym member: the end result sounds good until they gotta do that burpee with push-up/split lunge jump/mountain climber with a 90 second plank as a rest.

• Swells

November 19, 2020 at 10:36 am

Always viewed Tamar, Shay, and Neffe as broken/hurt women. It’s reflected in their body language and attitudes. If I had their deep seeded problems, I wouldn’t air them out on public t.v. and that’s no disrespect to Iyanla. The road to any sort of healing for all 3 is to start with self. Because at the end of the day you can’t control other people’s behavior. All 3 went on the show to point the finger at others and wanted to correct other people’s behavior. But when the tables were turned couldn’t handle what they dished out. Anyway they can diss Iyanla all they want…she had her own show, not just some random messy participant on a reality show.

• Elyce

November 23, 2020 at 7:50 am

Best comment ever!! Not Judge Judy. She definitely does NOT play.

10. Renee

November 18, 2020 at 7:56 pm

And you continue to act like the guttersnipes you are. Keeping mess going, no change in behavior. Smh.

• Donna page- ducksworth

November 19, 2020 at 11:26 am

These kinds of people KILLS ME!!!!
      what you go on the show for?? You know her tactics…..they show the world how they are on those shows but when a real one comes to you ABOUT YOUR TRUTH they wants to start talking about her process ain’t right! If you want a therapist that more, nicer and not going to just come out and tell you about yourself you should have paid and went to that kind of therapist but you didn’t you went to her because she keeps it real but they just want to point the finger point the finger at everybody else so when she points the finger back at them it’s a problem kml just crazy!!!! she told the truth about THEM ALL I’m sure it’s not their 1st time hearing what she said(just worded better lol) pretty sure your family members and the streets has told you the same things! it’s just the fact that you got it told to you on national TV so now it’s a problem.
      I’m sure this all has to be tiresome and she has to be drained from this types of people I know I WOULD!!! Some just are damaged goods if you ask me good day😌

11. B. Wilson

November 18, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Iyanla is the typical psychiatrist who speaks to her clients in a monotone and an aggressive voice. She is rough and condescending which is a turn off if you are an adult going to get insight for tools to live a better life and get alone with people or your family. I don’t want to go to a psychiatrist or a psychologist who screams, shouts and calls me names. That is counterproductive and would put anybody in a defensive mode. I have seen other psychiatrists on reality shows who speak to their clients in a calm manner and they are able to help them work through their issues.

12. Marissa Lucas

November 18, 2020 at 9:03 pm

I don’t like to say people are too far gone to get help but in shade and neffeteria case they’ve been through way too much and they do you seen the gutter in the street way too much feel like change play Daiso gun hold on imma get you back in a brain they don’t even have an open space for any opportunities they so broken

13. Morgan

November 19, 2020 at 1:45 pm

I didn’t like how Iyanla talked to Neffe she be little her. Neffe needs helps the trauma she went through looking for her mom getting raped I believe at crack house. Anyone who agree with how Iyanla talked to Neffe is crazy. Iyanla does stuff for ratings. At first her show was ok then she got that touch of fame and big headed she went left. Since her show coming to a end she can think about how she acted on tv. I was disgusted how she talked to Neffe blaming her for actions.

14. Patrice

November 19, 2020 at 2:01 pm

I have no empathy for Shay and Neffe. Both have made careers out of being nasty and horrible to other people. Iyanla called a spade a spade and they want to cry about it. Oh please. I’m glad Iyanla is ending this show. Too many toxic people think they should be coddled. Then they wonder why the real world chews them up and spits them out. Neffe and Shay are the problem. Neffe was just on social media arguing with a rapper. And Shay is still on reality tv being toxic and nearly got in a fight last year. But Iyanla is the problem? BYE. Take your coins Iyanla and avoid these toxic reality stars moving forward. Anyone feeling sorry for them is crazy.

15. Nikki

November 22, 2020 at 11:00 am

The issue with those that have a problem with Iyanla is: They don’t like hearing the truth about themselves. These ladies are very troubled and have nasty attitudes. The ones who have the most trouble getting along with Iyanla (DMX was one of them too)are the ones with the most severe issues! Lmao at “Guttersnipe,” but it’s true.