Entertainment

Shay Johnson Says Iyanla Vanzant is Disrespectful & Has a Smart Mouth

Photo Credit: OWN

Iyanla and Shay had some heated moments.

Shay Johnson has a lot of thoughts about the recent episode of “Iyanla: Fix My Life.” She went to hash things out with her mother and brothers. But things went left between her and Iyanla Vanzant.

Shay took issue with Iyanla not allowing her to respond after her brothers said she’s very disrespectful. So this led to an argument. And at one point, Shay got loud with Iyanla and decided to leave.

Check out the clips below.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Joey (@omfgrealitytv3) on

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Joey (@omfgrealitytv3) on

Shay opened up about her experience with Iyanla.

After the episode aired, Shay addressed everything on Instagram Live. She said, “I do believe that she does have a certain type of talent where she can identify certain things in individuals. But I believe how she redirects her emotions and her anger, you can’t throw the same direct approach at everybody. And I’m not even a therapist and I know that. As a therapist, you should be able to listen and understand people’s emotions and know how to approach them.”

She continued, “To me, there shouldn’t have been a situation where, ‘Oh you’re not talking to me no more, now I gotta prove a point, now I got my ego in the way to where now you’re not coming back on here. You won’t be able to talk to me.'”

Shay also said that she believes Iyanla allowed her ego to get the best of her, “Instead of allowing your ego and pride to get in the way, why not have a conversation because you guys came to me and asked me to have a conversation with her. I said yes and she shut it down allowing her ego to get in the way. So that’s why I’m like, if you’re a professional, this isn’t what you do. I didn’t attack you, I didn’t call you out your name, I didn’t do anything for you to have the reaction that you had because this is something you do professionally. So you deal with all different types of emotions. So based on that, your reaction to me was bullsh*t.”

Shay said Iyanla was disrespectful.

She added, “But I will never go on national television and talk to a therapist again. What I did realize is it’s very important to see a therapist like if you have issues it really can help situations. But the right therapist can help your situation. You have to find the right therapist that you connect with and you just have a vibe. I don’t vibe with her, I don’t vibe with her attitude, I don’t vibe with her smart a*s mouth, I don’t vibe with her disrespect. And I don’t vibe with the fact that she don’t own up to sh*t. Cause you want to act like I was just there arguing with the air and talking to myself and the walls. No, I was actually talking to you. And you had a rebuttal for everything I said.”

Shay also had some advice for Iyanla, “You had a rebuttal for everything I had to say so don’t try to play victim and put out in the edit version as if you didn’t snap at me, cuss me out…oh no, I’ma bust your sh*t right on out sweetheart. And I don’t got nothing against her. I think she’s amazing but your approach, you got to switch it up for the people you deal with cause everybody can’t handle that bark, bark approach. Just switch it up a little bit and you’ll be fine.”

You can check out more clips below.

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Joey (@omfgrealitytv3) on

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Joey (@omfgrealitytv3) on

1. Nola

November 1, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Shay was the disrespectful one and Iyanla didn’t owe her anything after that. People like Shay think they can keep going around disrespecting people and there won’t be consequences.

• alecia

November 1, 2020 at 4:03 pm

This is true! I think Shay needs to find herslf she is very lost….

• Ms. Dawn

November 1, 2020 at 5:20 pm

A woman knows when to shut up and listen , you don’t have to respond to everything .

• Me

November 1, 2020 at 4:56 pm

Yep

• Natalie Barnes

November 1, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Shay: silly girl tricks are for kids,grow up and stop being a you ,you person.Your negative actions caused terrible reactions and your child like mentality will never see that ,until your truthful with your self.

• Florence Prater

November 1, 2020 at 11:28 pm

I seen it twice. Shay don’t want to be corrected. She wants everyone to agree with her. She’s very disrespectful very. Shay have a lot of growing up to do. All she had to do is shut up let them tell their truths then she’ll get her chance. She got a lot of her ways after her mom. Don’t want to acknowledged and accepted the truth about yourself. All I can say is grow up Shay. It’s you who was disrespectful.

• Cheryl

November 2, 2020 at 3:14 pm

Shay was very disrespect

• Ms. Dawn

November 1, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Exacly , there’s no excuse for a grow woman acting like that .

• Fail

November 1, 2020 at 6:55 pm

Shay us trash, been trash since flavor of Love. She needs to sat her butt in a corner somewhere

• ChiTown78

November 3, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Exactly! She is ignorant and always will be ignored because she don’t see the error of her ways. Shes a little girl that hides behind her wigs make up and body and would never grow up. She has no substance and in the last 12 years of being in the public eye, she hasn’t grown at all. Yes her mother is to blame to some extent, but at some point as an adult, you had to take a look at yourself and acknowledge you’re faults and try to change them and not blame everybody else for pointing out how f-cked up you are.

• catherine townes

November 1, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Amen. I saw it to. Stay was disrespectful to her and God knows it. All that lady was trying to do is help her with her nasty mouth. God ain’t sleep, Stay need to watch herself, she’s headed for disaster. She really been hurt.

• Sparky

November 2, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Oh course Shay got on social media. She needs to stay off tge garbage dump of the internet ” facebook* *Twitter”. Better yet just stay off the internet and learn manners

• LaTonyia McDavid

November 2, 2020 at 12:54 pm

I agree with this comment. There is disrespectfulness in this young lady. Her mother is a strong single black woman….didnt hold any punches. So focused on keeping the food on the table…lights on etc… She was spoiled as a child. Yes, tough love endures a set of changes that will implement the after mass. She will be her own down fall, the very same in how she was her own rise up! Pay attention people. Dung scattered out in the fields….

• Tina

November 3, 2020 at 8:43 pm

I totally agree with you
      Shay is far from being a therapist or life coach so let Iyana do her job.

2. Wannie1208

November 1, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Shay act like she never watched Fix My Life ….Lmfaoooo Iyanla say what she means and means what she says and she’s never gonna back track. She’s gonna always make it hot for you to whether you like it or not and no one is sparred for getting called out no matter who brought who to the show. She must have thought Iyanla was gonna allow her to come on there and let her tell how her mother and brothers are in the wrong.

• Joan Brown

November 1, 2020 at 4:01 pm

Shay have some nerve talk about how some people act she forgot about how she act on Love & Hip Hop and all that she needs to check herself if she has a f*****-up attitude especially when she can’t get the guy

• Ms. Dawn

November 1, 2020 at 5:24 pm

Shay , wasn’t ready for the show it takes a real grow woman to be ready to do the work and she wasn’t. Because I hope she doesn’t think that her behavior is cute it isn’t .

• catherine townes

November 1, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Shay seen the show before, especially when Tamar cut up too. I bet that’s why she was acting like that.She saw Tamar. Why go on a show showing your a-s.

• Wanda Holmes

November 2, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Tamar said Iyala could be rude too. I like her but she does show off for the cameras. People forget Tamar reacted because her sexual abuse was revealed on that show without her prior knowledge or approval! Tamar says something she’s not believed. Someone else come after her & say the same thing and their believed!

3. Miss Jones

November 1, 2020 at 2:15 pm

Some people just can’t be helped. 😒😒

• Lauren

November 1, 2020 at 9:13 pm

As soon as I saw that the first Episode featured a former Flava of Love, Charm School failure, I had to tune in. Shay doesn’t disappoint if you’re looking for a train wreck. I hope she apologizes soon.

4. Natalie

November 1, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Shay could’ve fixed it all if she had the correct approach and Iyanla could do something else with someone else that would listen and understand.
    Shay has a superiority complex. Go against what she feels then she’s ready to fight. It’s all about her and Iyanla tried to tell her that it’s not but she’s going to say F-CK YOUR PROCESS to Iyanla. Really 🤨? Well that was F-CK YOU IYANLA!! Now ain’t this the pot calling the kettle disrespectful. Anybody else confused 🤷🏾‍♀️? Shay can disrespect others but no one better disrespect her. Good luck with that.

• Me

November 1, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Amen! Lord knows you told only truth with that one! The girl has issues. Can’t handle it when that smoke comes blowing back at her!

• Stephtacular2

November 2, 2020 at 10:46 am

Shay is gonna end up screwed up just like Tamar! Let her self distruct. Life will go on for the rest of us. F^*& your attitude Shay. You called Iyanla, she didn’t call you! Glad she’s done with you, as are we!

5. Me

November 1, 2020 at 4:56 pm

Naw, Shay just wanted Iyanna to kiss her a-s and she wouldn’t. One can tell she’s use to being a bully. Bullies always back down when called on their sh-t.

6. bonitahill hill

November 1, 2020 at 5:36 pm

We all have family issues. As a pay. Major l find the main key is listen. We can all sing together but not talk together. All families need some healing from a coach, pastor, counselor or someone. What my advice to communicate effectively to your family. We only get one family so make the best of it. Please apologize to Mz. I because your family needed it. It’s about communication and healing.

• Wendy Jones

November 1, 2020 at 8:03 pm

Shay was very, very disrespectful to Iyanla. She is a liar. She only wanted to her way. She will never learn anything if she doesn’t shut up. Beauty fades over time, and her ugly spirit will take her down real quick. She needs to shut up and listen. Shay if you stop flapping your lips, listen, you may get over your issues.

7. MiMi

November 1, 2020 at 5:40 pm

Shay acted like a foolish child when she ran out having her tantrum cause she couldn’t say anything. Iyanla told her she doesn’t get to facilitate the process after her telling her she was willing to do whatever to make things better, not. How dare she come back as if Iyanla had to do what she wanted her to do. Iyanla has taught me from past shows and books to not allow others to treat you with disrespect and there’s a certain way to talk me. That’s precious like gold!

And Shay that’s not ego, it’s walking in Queen footsteps and your actions are of a jester. It would be very adult if you apologize simply because she is your elder and came to try and help you. That’s a real woman with true respect for herself. I expect better of you. Very disappointed in your actions.

8. K

November 1, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Shay sweetheart you need to check yourself. You cannot except constructive criticism. Your brothers stated how they felt. You were immature and ignorant. In the beginning you stated you wanted love and to give love. Unless you are will to listen and hear and take responsibility for your bad behavior that will not happen for you. no one deserves to be subjected to your cargo of rotten baggage. You were very disrespectful to Ms Vanzant, she was trying to help you and your family. You are a strong beautiful young lady but it will take more than that for you to get what you want to be happy. Family is everything if you can’t get it together with your family you will not respect boundaries with anyone. You owe Ms Vanzant an apology. You have the audacity to say she disrespected you look at the show again. Your mother took responsibility now you should since you said you get your behavior from your mother. You are a beautiful family on the outside. I will pray you become beautiful on the inside and stop being so angry because your anger and ignorance makes you ugly.

Many blessings to you and your family.

9. Tiffany Herbert

November 1, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Oh well Shay finally met her match she got alot of nerve saying that Iyanla is disrespectful & have a smart month Iyanla tells you the truth rather you like it or not but now you know how it feels Shay whenever you direspect people that didn’t deserve it ran off like the coward behind chick whenever she was confronted about the truth Shay still have alot of growing up to do & mature more period

10. Shaq

November 1, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Why do people go on this show and think it’s going to be sweet. Iyanla is tired that’s why this season is her last, I’m going to miss that show because that’s Oprah number one show on that network but I don’t blame her for leaving.

• Felice

November 1, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Shay knew how Iyanla was but still chose to go on the show. Yes therapist use different approaches, but you don’t get to decide that process or facilitate it. She would have had your opportunity to speak her peace, but acted like an entitled brat. Very disrespectful. Healing can’t happen with that attitude!

11. LeVal

November 2, 2020 at 8:34 am

The pot talking about the kettle

12. Renita

November 2, 2020 at 10:58 am

If you’re going to air your hot mess life on national tv, then get something from it. Shay came into scene 1 with her guards up and never listened, never tried to consider anyone in her family. It was all about Shay. And what does she get from all that temper tantrum behavior? She gets to go home to her hot mess life. Oh well.

13. Priscilla

November 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Please grow up. You don’t have wisdom. It is better to be silent and thought OF as a fool than to speak and remove all DOUBT

14. Michele Reggans

November 11, 2020 at 11:53 pm

Iyanla did warn her… She said that Shay was not going to like her. Shay said,
    “No that wasn’t going to happen.”Iyanla’s wisdom was talking. Shay couldn’t read between the lines.