Entertainment

Andy Cohen Responds to Backlash over the RHOP Reunion

Photo Credit: Bravo

The reunion played a part in Monique Samuels quitting RHOP.

People are still talking about the “Real Housewives of Potomac” reunion. In fact, it remains a hot topic now that Monique Samuels has decided to leave the show. It’s been alleged that part 3 of the reunion was the last straw for her. On the episode, Chris Samuels was put on blast for his comments on Instagram Live. He apologized for his remark about Bruce Jenner and wishing he was a woman so he could run up on Gizelle Bryant and all involved in spreading rumors about the paternity of Baby Chase.

However, Candiace Dillard’s Instagram Live video in which she discussed the plot was not aired.

Other fans of the show questioned why Candiace’s homophobic tweets were not shown or discussed in detail. Others questioned why Khyle Parlor of the Black Socialites was discussed, but no mention was made about Candiace’s controversial comments before his death.

And other viewers questioned why it seemed as if Candiace was never held accountable for her role in the altercation.

Another complaint some viewers had is they didn’t feel like Andy Cohen held Gizelle accountable for anything. It’s also rumored that she had a meltdown at the reunion but that part was edited out which some feel is unfair.

Andy Cohen responds to the backlash.

Andy has been getting called out on social media.

He addressed this on “Watch What Happens Live.”

Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Drew Sidora and “The Bachelorette” star Rachel Lindsay were the guests of the night.

Andy brought up the backlash while speaking to Rachel. He said, “By the way, Rachel, you’re a big Potomac fan. Were you furious with me like everyone else was at my reunion hosting?”

In response, Rachel said, “I wasn’t furious. That’s not the right word. I did think you were more on Candiace’s side than Monique for a little bit. You held her feet to the fire more than Candiace. That’s all.”

Andy then said that a lot of what he said was edited out.

“I got that a lot and I have to say, I was really pushing for this to be four parts. And I really talked to Candiace a lot about her role in this and the fact that a lot of people think that she provoked it and she said, ‘Drag me.’ And we talked about that in relation to what Kenya and Porsha went through. I don’t think enough of that made it in the show clearly. So there you go.”

After Rachel said that was good to know, he said, “Well, it’s not good to know unless we aired it. I don’t think it makes any difference because I know a lot of people were very upset so…there you go.”

1. My 2 Cents

January 4, 2021 at 10:17 am

Not an Executive Producer blaming editing. Chile…this RHOP stuff has been fascinating. I don’t think they will ever top this season in popularity and relevance.

• SouthBeach305

January 4, 2021 at 11:00 am

The fact that you think Andy has something to do with the editing shows u don’t know the housewives!

• ExecutiveProducer

January 4, 2021 at 4:34 pm

EP see the edits.

• Babygirl

January 4, 2021 at 11:13 am

Exactly. Andy knows how the editing game works and he’s said in the past he doesn’t like when housewives blame things on editing. Now here he is blaming things on editing. Hilarious.

• My 2 Cents

January 4, 2021 at 6:47 pm

Bingo.

• Billie Johnson

January 5, 2021 at 9:49 pm

I used to like Andy an his unbiased ability to hold cast members responsible for the roles they play. I was instead uber disappointed!

• Renee

January 4, 2021 at 8:05 pm

The show won’t be the same without Monique. They better try to figure out a way to get her to stay because Gizelle Robyn and Wendy are boring. Someone should start a petition to keep her and show those LOST FILES

2. Pat

January 4, 2021 at 10:26 am

Sounds like bullsh-t. He chose his side and just didn’t anticipate Monique would have so much support.

• Queen

January 4, 2021 at 10:53 am

I agree. I think they wanted to paint Monique as the villain and didn’t think most people would feel the exact opposite.

• smoker5

January 4, 2021 at 5:15 pm

Queen you are so right. Monique was not the villian it was that whiny brat Candice. She is good at playing the victim when in reality she provokes it. Andy clearly played favorites.

• Trina

January 4, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Word.

3. Lynn

January 4, 2021 at 10:35 am

Andy should be ashamed! I have never hit anyone in my life, but as God is my witness I would have a hard time not slapping Candiace for her horribly mean and unwarranted comments! And Gizelle? Entertaining – yes. But SO mean! Who would keep a friendship with someone like her?

I guess it is all about the ratings Andy, right??

4. Twirl

January 4, 2021 at 10:55 am

It’s just irritating how he and others made Monique out to be a horrible person when Candiace has done much worse on and off the show!

5. Natalie

January 4, 2021 at 11:01 am

There’s not enough brooms, mops or Mr Clean to get this stain out. It seems to me that some editors need to be pink slipped for their devious editing. Taking out what was relevant but keeping stuff to make a person look just this side of bad. Come on now who do they think they’re fooling? I watched all episodes to conclude that Candiace got off light with Monique and with no punishment. Who cares about Gizelle and her f-ckery.

6. Babygirl

January 4, 2021 at 11:16 am

They can cut out all the backtracking because Monique still isn’t coming back. Bravo and Andy really dropped the ball to lose a housewife after such a successful season. But what’s new? Bravo has been on one for a while now.

7. Chelly

January 4, 2021 at 11:22 am

The producers clearly have their favorites and it will be to the detriment of RHOP.

8. kimmie

January 4, 2021 at 11:33 am

If he was really genuine about the issues about him being called out he would not of scripted anything with a guest on his show. Instead, he would have opened with his remarks acknowledging, apologizing, addressing, and then committing to future change. Instead, he blames editing. All this does is prove that he doesn’t get it and really isn’t interested in getting it either. I expect nothing more from a white man who makes millions off of the backs of black women who are willing to make fools of themselves for a paycheck. His white arrogance and feelings of entitled thinking blocks him from understanding the truth.

• Renee

January 5, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Totally agree with you

9. Blackrose

January 4, 2021 at 12:50 pm

So he is blaming editing…weak

January 4, 2021 at 2:09 pm

He was biased and helped a black couple get ganged up on. It has nothing to do with editing. It’s also disgraceful how he made a big deal out of the fight but didn’t mind Teresa pushing him. They didn’t care about the white housewives fighting either. Then to say Bravo doesn’t condone violence when they had no problem showing the fight in full and promoting the whole season with said fight is also hypocritical and dishonest. Andy needs to stop insulting our intelligence. This isn’t an editing issue.

11. Scorpio13

January 4, 2021 at 3:25 pm

I call bull sh^t regarding Andy. Bravo, production and Andy are going to regret the editing and bias behavior when the new season is aired. If they had been neutral and aired everything than the fans wouldn’t be pissed. They will soon find out just how pissed the fans are when the rating decrease next season.

12. Trina

January 4, 2021 at 3:41 pm

That was the best he could come up with? Editing? Now we know that he and production watched the reunion before it aired. He what was going to be show. I, personally, think that it was changed after part 1, when Giselle was not seen as a victim from Monique’s binder. You could tell in part 2 and 3 something wasn’t right.

• Scorpio13

January 5, 2021 at 6:56 pm

I thought the same thing. That Bravo and production didn’t like how everybody was rooting for Monique and the binder. They went back and edited everything out to make Monique look bad. Part 2 and 3 were way different than Part 1. We all see through the trickery.

13. Marilyn

January 4, 2021 at 4:09 pm

All these comments are spot on!
    I used to somewhat like Andy, now I’m disgusted. I don’t think there’s no coming back either. It’s no fun when production and ep has favorites.

14. Peachy

January 4, 2021 at 6:13 pm

Damage control. Bravo has a PR disaster on their hands which will only get worse the more things stay the same.

15. Big Monma

January 4, 2021 at 6:55 pm

I’M SO DONE WITH BRAVO, AND ANDY BULL 💩💩 PLAYING FAVORITES. NO MORE HOUSEWIFES FRANCHISE FOR ME

• Angry watcher

January 4, 2021 at 9:05 pm

Bravo & Andy is some poop!! Candiace asked for what she got. Too bad Monique didn’t drag Giselle. And Robyn so far in Giselle a**, Juan needs a bulldozer to get her out. Candiace has been a lil bratty ass child, the whole time she’s been on RHOP. She has threatened Ashley & provoked Ashley that whole time. And Wendy needs 2 take her degrees and rammed them where the sun don’t shine. Giselle is always in everybody’s business besides Jamal. That’s why he’s doing every woman at the church. Focus on yr man. Her kids look disgusted when she talks about their own father. Andy is truly one of the girls. He raked Monique across the coals. Monique’s husband had every right 2 be angry. Andy wouldn’t want anybody talking about his kid. Done with Bravo all together. And RHOA is a chit show. Nobody is relevant on the show. Storylines are trash.

16. X

January 5, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Monique is no angel, you all need to stop with this BS. The reason why it appeared that Gizelle was being protected is because Big Country a*s Chris Samuel’s kept going at her and would not leave her alone, I was starting to wonder if he has a crush on Gizelle and Robyn, he’s always up in the women’s business, he gives me the impression that he may be abusive towards women.

• Moliscious

January 5, 2021 at 5:25 pm

No Monique is not an angel just like no one is an angel. Gizelle got what she deserved for all of 4 seasons ago. How would you feel if someone was coming for your kids? If he didn’t have that energy I would have to question him. No he does not have a crush on Robyn and Gizelle. Robyn has no brain of her own and is a push over and has low self esteem. He should be in women’s business when these women is coming for his wife and kids. He’s a real man that has his wife’s back. The other women can’t even understand this because this is what they’re lacking in their so called relationships. Monique is a example of a loving family . The only women that knows about this is Karen and maybe Wendy, but Wendy needs to sit her 4 degees but down somewhere.

• Tequila Girl

January 5, 2021 at 7:03 pm

Nobody wants Gizelle with her non dressing a$$ and her stove pipe legs. If that was true than she would of had a man behind her for the last 5 reunions. She is a bitter damaged woman and everyone can see right through her. As for Robyn and her fake relationship, he doesn’t want her either Girl bye with that crap.

• X

January 6, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Go on and keep R-a-c-h-i-n-g!

17. Savannah

January 5, 2021 at 2:49 pm

Nene was right about Andy. Love Monique and her family. Her husband is a great man. Can’t say I’m compelled to watch RHOP anymore. Sad to see M2M, RHOA, and RHOP be ruined. Oh well.