Entertainment

‘Married to Medicine’ Star Dr. Heavenly Kimes Tells Fans Not to Boycott Bravo

Photo Credit: Bravo/YouTube

The recent season of “Married to Medicine” was full of drama.

The last season of “Married to Medicine” was a controversial one. Buffie Purselle was the new woman in the group. And while she got along with everyone at first, that didn’t last. Dr. Jackie Walters called Buffie infertile during a speech at an event. This upset Buffie, and she felt as if it wasn’t appropriate for Jackie to say this to a room full of strangers. She would later confront Jackie about this and it led to tension.

Jackie would eventually apologize, but Dr. Heavenly Kimes felt the need to defend her friend. So she called out Buffie and this led to issues between them.

Buffie’s issues with Jackie also didn’t sit well with Dr. Contessa Metcalfe. And the situation is why Buffie decided it would be best to walk away from the show.

Mariah Huq’s departure led to a petition.

Interestingly enough, Buffie isn’t the only one who won’t be returning for the upcoming season. Mariah Huq revealed that she didn’t receive a contract for season 8. As the creator of the show, Mariah felt this was disrespectful. And she also made some controversial accusations about Purveyors of Pop, the production company for the show.

After feeling as if she’s been pushed out of the franchise she created, Mariah revealed that she would be filing a lawsuit.

Mariah’s departure and NeNe Leakes’ accusations about Bravo have caused some to call for the boycott of the network.

Well, Heavenly recently told her supporters not to participate.

1. Ugh!

January 7, 2021 at 11:44 am

I am not boycotting Bravo! Nene stayed for 12 Seasons and said nothing about racism or Andy Cohen.

Nene Leaks reminds me of Donald Trump She refuses to leave peacefully!

2. Renee

January 7, 2021 at 11:56 am

She just enjoys being on TV. Andy treats his African American employees differently. He needs to be stopped.

3. Anon

January 7, 2021 at 12:10 pm

If people don’t want to watch M2M after the way they treated Mariah, that’s their prerogative. There’s a Heavenly stan on here who loves to brag about how much money Heavenly had before the show but she sounds thirsty here. If she doesn’t need the show, why care about the boycott?

4. Ms. Jackson

January 7, 2021 at 12:12 pm

Nah. Bravo has done way too much shady sh-t with the black shows.

• Sephora59

January 7, 2021 at 7:57 pm

I agree. Boycotting Bravo. Too much has gone down. This past season with RHOP did it for me

• Sephora59

January 7, 2021 at 7:59 pm

I agree. Boycotting Bravo. This season with RHOP did it for me. I’m done.

5. Yeah I Said It!

January 7, 2021 at 12:18 pm

I can’t wait to see the M2M ratings in the Spring.

• julyol1972

January 7, 2021 at 4:57 pm

It’ll be interesting as h-ll if they’re like RHOA, cause Nene’s presence is sorely missed. Happy New Year by the way!!!

• Yeah I Said It!

January 8, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Remember when they said that more people would watch with NeNe gone? LOL. Happy New Year boo!

6. Tasha

January 7, 2021 at 12:21 pm

She doesn’t get it and I don’t expect her to.

7. Ross

January 7, 2021 at 2:21 pm

As long as SH** stirring HEAVENLY has a JOB F*** everyone else…What Bravo did to Mariah and Monique was IT FOR ME
    #boycottbravoasap

8. Valerie

January 7, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Heavenly is always going to look out for self. But she’s the only one who will say what the others are thinking. They really don’t care that Mariah’s show was taken from her. And that says a lot about their character.

9. Diva

January 7, 2021 at 2:35 pm

I completely understand if people want to boycott Bravo. And I completely understand if people don’t want to. It’s a personal choice. Do what works for you.

10. Jaz

January 7, 2021 at 3:28 pm

To late boycotting bravo as I post

11. Shay

January 7, 2021 at 4:14 pm

#Missmewiththis*** Deavenly Kimes…BOYCOTT ACTIVATED!!!

12. Toni T

January 7, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Ms Sambo they keep using your dumb a-s because you need the attention. As Buffie said”you’ll do anything to stay relevant” and the master calls on you. Your a disgrace! I stopped watching this crappy show when miserable dr jackie told a room full of women of her miscarriages didnt snobby jackie have several herself? Black women stop putting each other down for money/fame!

• Angie

January 8, 2021 at 3:33 pm

I totally agree she is a disgrace

13. Tracy

January 7, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Will not watch MM or RHOP,and Buffie revealed that Andy and Jackie,are Partners with her book, H-LL NO!!! That SH-T is shady

14. Trina

January 8, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Bye Bravo! Heavenly, Candice and Kenya are the 3 reasons not to watch. Why reward horrible behavior?

15. Tay Tay

January 8, 2021 at 1:28 pm

I refuse to watch Bravo after what they did to Monique and they took off one of my favorite shows, “Blood, Sweat, and Heels”. Heavenly needs to take several seats. To see how they treat Mariah is a disgrace.

16. Candice

January 8, 2021 at 3:35 pm

Heavenly is so disgraceful and pathetic I’m embarrassed that she is a black womanizer………smh