Entertainment

Martell Holt Responds to Criticism of ‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

More details about Martell Holt and Melody Holt came out as LAMH progressed.

Love & Marriage: Huntsville” started off as a show that drew viewers in because it was centered around three black couples. And all three couples were business focused on working together while developing real estate. At first, most of the drama was about the couples trying to figure out if “The Comeback Group” would be able to see things through. However, the arguments over business would eventually turn into arguments over past issues in marriages.

Turns out, Melody Holt and Martell Holt had a lot of ups and downs in their marriage. Martell had a mistress, Arionne Curry, for five years. And even though Martell told Melody he would stop talking to Arionne, Melody wasn’t happy when Arionne called him again.

It was already hard enough for Melody to trust that Martell wouldn’t go back to cheating.

The Holts are divorcing.

When Melody became pregnant with baby number four, they decided to fight for their marriage. But issues came back up. And it was rumored that Martell got Arionne pregnant. So Melody filed for divorce.

On a preview for the upcoming new episodes, things get really contentious between Martell and Melody. During a conversation, Martell even told Melody that she wasn’t able to satisfy him like Arionne could. And Melody snapped and threw a glass at him.

Some viewers have been complaining that the show took a turn for the worst. And recently, Martell responded to this.

1. My 2 Cents

January 16, 2021 at 10:45 am

He’s a mess.

2. Natalie

January 16, 2021 at 11:02 am

Firstly, I see why I’m single because I would be in prison for my husband forsaking everything we brought together. When children are involved parents have cheated on them as well. The time as well and the love has been taken away and given to someone that there’s no real commitment with. Second, why do women dumb themselves down to be secondary or what most call a ‘side chick’? I don’t care how much ‘hush money’ or other material things he gives her, she will want more later like put a ring on it despite him being married already. If she doesn’t get her ultimatum met, she will threaten to tell the wife. Come on…y’all know how this works.

3. summergreen

January 16, 2021 at 11:55 am

It is very sad that these attractive intelligent couples signed up for a reality show that went from sugar to sh-t. At some point I feel that regardless of who’s right
    and who’s wrong they should have stepped away from the limelight to get their lives back
    on track. We did not have to know all the sordid details. It’s obvious that they are
    financially secure so this show was not all about making money. There is a big price
    to pay for fame sometimes and I wonder if they now think it was worth it.

• SooPJ

January 16, 2021 at 9:28 pm

I agree with you 100%. I think they both are to blame for the downfall of their marriage. Martell been with that woman for 5 years that was beyond his girlfriend he had a wife and a girlfriend Mel was well aware of him cheating. The last thing they needed was to be on reality TV.

4. Moliscious624

January 16, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Martell will feel all of this when his kids no longer want to be around him or possibly start to hate him. He cheated on the kids also. All he seems to talk about is being satisfied. Seems to me he has a sex addiction or something. This Arionne female must have low self esteem to deal with a married man for 5 years. What do she think will happen to her? that’s why she got fired from her job. A good man will find Melody and be a good man/husband/stepfather to her 4 children. Just wait!! Then Martell will “want his family back” when he already had his family and messed it up. Good example Martell you’re showing your daughters what a marriage is supposed to be like and how a man should treat his wife. and he’s showing his son how to treat a woman. Martell you let a lot of people down.. the one’s that should matter the most in his life, his children. Poor excuse for a man. He’s not a man he’s a BOY!! Martell needs to grow up !!

• Carolyn Harvey

January 16, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Well….As The saying goes, “IF HE CHEATS W/YOU, HE’LL CHEAT ON YOU”!

If I’m correctly remembering, when they were in college (Martell/Melody), Martell had a few girlfriends, and Melody knew it, but yet, she was the “side chick” to all those other girlfriends when he broke off with one/moved on to the next. But yet Melody new this. That person whose her husband, did not make her his number one right off the back. Eventually, he chose to settle down/marry her.

So “if He CHEATS w/YOU, He’ll CHEAT On you” Melody. He was cheating w/you,while he was involved w/other women, with you on the side to run to, when the others got sick of his BULL once they got a good whiff of it!!😒

• Patty L Kennedy

January 17, 2021 at 7:56 am

Say It Again

5. Naomi mcmillian

January 17, 2021 at 4:30 am

Martell called his mistress a peasant so that makes him a peasant as well, melody knew he was a cheater but she thought that having another baby would change that, ain’t no way in h-ll I would have stayed with him and I dam sure wouldn’t have had another baby with his trifling a-s,if you allow a man to treat you like he did he is going to continue to treat you like that, Melody isn’t a victim she’s a willing participant,

• Patty L Kennedy

January 17, 2021 at 8:07 am

My Opinion. Melody is both a willing participant and a victim. I have had the disgusting experience of a Martell Holt. I like Melody was Stupid and thought this Man wanted a life with his Wife and Children. He showed that his 30 seconds of pleasure was more importance. I kicked him out and didn’t look back. He chose not to have a relationship with his kids because he had no V-ginal access to me. So be it. My YA’s are fabulous and so am I. My last conversation with him I said I will live long enough to see you REAP it all back.