Entertainment

‘Basketball Wives’ Star OG Gives an Update on Her Legal Battle with Evelyn Lozada

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

The legal battle between Evelyn and OG continues.

OG recently opened up about where she stands on things after such a controversial season of “Basketball Wives.” During season 8, she accused some cast members of colorism. And she believed she was a victim of double standards in the group due to her skin color. Plus, she and Evelyn Lozada headed to court after OG accused Evelyn of being racist.

While many fans of the show were thinking a resolution would come in season 9, it appears that may not be the case for Evelyn and OG.

During an interview with Storm Monroe, OG gave an update on her legal battle with Evelyn. She said, “It’s still ongoing so I can’t talk too much about it because it’s still ongoing. We are entering different stages due to Covid. And the level of lawsuit that was filed against me, it was not considered high on the protocol, high on standards so the courts are closed. So everything had to be done during Zoom and different things like that so it kind of got pushed on the backburner. Which sucks because I’m kind of sitting here with a pending lawsuit. And because of that lawsuit I had to file a counter lawsuit to protect myself and it’s kind of like just this little cloud looming but I’ll be victorious in the end so I’m just riding out the process.”

Some people refused to film scenes with OG.

OG also said that a few of the other women refused to film with her during season 9, “I never at any point of time refused to film with anyone. I was completely open, I was completely ready to listen, I was completely ready to tackle and try to find resolution any shape or form if that was possible. However, I had to work within the constraints of finding out that four other people did not want to film with me. Two of which eventually came around, two of which I never saw the entire time we started filming.”

1. Liza

February 14, 2021 at 12:41 pm

This right here is why the ratings are so horrible. OG is playing victim and using serious topics to deflect when she’s far from innocent and put herself in the position to where people don’t want to film with her. She never thinks she’s wrong for anything. Evelyn is awful but OG ain’t that much better. Both are mean girls who love to play victim. I see right through them. Oh well to whoever is triggered by my opinion.

• Annette

February 15, 2021 at 1:04 am

Evelyn has attaced people on past seasons and bullied people! Did everyone forget? Oh i forget it’s okay for her because she’s friends with the producer of the show! That’s why i stopped watching pluse I’m so sick of seeing black women fighting an belittling one another!!

February 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm

It’s honestly not colorism. The truth is they are scared of OG. I mean did we not see her beating a-s on the football field? These women are afraid to pop sh-t with OG because they know she can whoop their a-ses. And not hair pulling and throwing drinks like they are used to. Has nothing to with her skin tone. OG is the first professional football player to ever be on that show. They are terrified. And let’s be real, before OG was even on the show, Evelyn and Tami were the two most violent people there. And guess what? Both of them got passes for their actions because Shaunie was friends with them.

3. Confused

February 14, 2021 at 12:56 pm

Why does OG want to remain on a show she claims to be treated so horribly on? Cece left. Why didn’t OG? Not all money is good money.

• Queen

February 14, 2021 at 1:03 pm

OG is still there because of her contract I believe. She said she’s just there so she won’t get fined.

4. Marley Denis

February 14, 2021 at 11:00 pm

OG is not innocent. If you watched last season she was attacking the girls too. Malaysia even said nobody fuccd with her bccs she’s a bully. Too if OG was treated so bad than why be on the show?

5. Rosa

February 15, 2021 at 1:52 am

OG uses the color of her skin to justify people’s reaction to her bad behavior. it was a disappointment to see her on the show for season nine. The problem is that she does not take responsibility for her bad behavior and makes comparisons to the other women to justify her bad behavior and to force people to accept the way she behaves. The cast not wanting to be around her is not about the color of her skin it is about the color of her bad behavior and bad attitude. OG is no victim. She is a
    hater. Girl Bye!!!

6. Qualwala

February 16, 2021 at 2:40 pm

OG full of sh-t.It aint no colorism going onThey always said something a out her threatening to kill them with her bare hands or snap there necks n shit like that.It had nothing to do with her skin tone.All them was messy n talking sh-t n acting ignorant. She mad cuz Evelyn called her ugly.Hell Evelyn kids black h-ll so is she n jennifee dark skinned n that other one is too.So y do she think its an color issue.OG Reaching frfr

7. Kimberly Collins

February 17, 2021 at 1:14 am

I like OG because she is real. Evelyyn is hating on her because last season OG got in Evelyn’s a-s about ocho Vince (Evelyn’s ex). OG shut Evelyn’s mouth and left her standing there looking stupid. And of course she ran to Shaunie crying because her bestie is a producer and now don’t nobody wants to film with OG. I’m team OG and I said what I said.