Entertainment

‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’ Star LaTisha Scott Responds to Backlash over Miss Wanda

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

Miss Wanda has been receiving backlash.

When it comes to Miss Wanda, some “Love & Marriage: Huntsville” viewers feel she takes things way too far on the show. And there are others who believe that she can also take things too far on social media. So they continue to push for her daughter LaTisha Scott to call out Wanda and convince her to calm down on how she handles people she feels LaTisha needs to be defended from.

So after Martell Holt posted a video to Instagram of Wanda coming for the Holt kids, people have been applying even more pressure to LaTisha to confront her mother.

LaTisha Scott wants people to be slower to judge.

LaTisha responded to this recently on Instagram.

In a post, she wrote, “When it comes to people and especially our people, we have to do better with being slower to judge and quicker to listen, learn and love. We can’t be so quick to accept the concept of “Becoming” when it pertains to our role models like Michelle Obama, but then ignore the respect for that space to continuously learn ourselves, grow and evolve as it pertains to us as individuals.”

She continued, “I LOVE my mother to death, however I am not my Mother, and my Mother is not me. I have ALWAYS and will always respect her and the position she holds in my life. I do not always agree with everything she says or does, nor the way she does it, however that does not give me the obligation to address anything the way others would like for me to address it. We also have to keep in mind that not everyone’s strengths lie in the same places. Where some may feel their levels of discernment are very strong, others are still “becoming”. And that is OK!”

When it comes to Miss Wanda, LaTisha Scott wants people to have more patience.

LaTisha wanted to make it clear she will handle things how she wants to, “I think that sometimes, we as people in general have to remember that not one person, no couple, no family and no friendship is just perfect. None of us have everything all together, all the time. I am not silent. I have no issues with allowing my voice to be heard in the way that I feel it should be.”

She concluded with, “Please understand that underneath all this amazing entertainment, we are all still human. Emotions get high, personalities, upbringings, and real life experiences kick in, and SOMETIMES things get out of hand. I do think that with more patience and understanding, we all can improve on some things. 🥰  🙏🏾  💞 #lamh #latishascott #mylifemyblueprint”

February 18, 2021 at 1:05 pm

The problem is LaTisha doesn’t really see an issue with Wanda’s behavior. She doesn’t speak up because Wanda’s toxic behavior benefits her. Wanda goes after all the people LaTisha has a problem with. So she won’t call her out. She’s weaponized her mother and gets to keep her hands clean.

• Twirl

February 18, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Exactly!

• BeeCee

February 22, 2021 at 3:36 pm

Reminds me of the Kandi and Joyce situation. Neither of them will reign their mothers in because the mothers are behaving EXACTLY as the duaghters want them to behave!

2. Yeah I Said It!

February 18, 2021 at 1:06 pm

LaTisha is so passive aggressive. Yikes.

3. My 2 Cents

February 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Girl bye.

4. Nessa

February 18, 2021 at 1:13 pm

Wanda does all her dirty work. Next.

• BeeCee

February 26, 2021 at 2:37 pm

If Wanda isn’t on Marsau’s case she is not entertaining!

5. Yeah I Said It!

February 18, 2021 at 1:16 pm

And did anyone else notice how quickly LaTisha got irritated with Wanda when she found out she was encouraging Melody and not dragging her? LaTisha went outside thinking Melody was who Wanda was arguing with and she was cool with that. But her whole demeanor changed when she saw that wasn’t what was happening. LOL.

• Twirl

February 18, 2021 at 1:30 pm

I noticed that too! LaTisha is so messy!

6. lilyspirit

February 18, 2021 at 3:43 pm

I don’t know who wrote that little speech for LaTisha but the first part clearly aren’t her words. She is not that articulate. Secondly, she has no problem calling out Melody or Kimmie when they say or do something that she takes issue with so she needs to cut out the b.s. She approves of her mother’s ignorant classless behavior and knew she was wrong for inviting her to Kimmie’s party in the first place. She knew her mother was going to start some mess and Ms. Wanda was ready to bring it. They are both getting a kick out of acting out on national television and no doubt go home and call each other to rehash their messy ghetto behavior. It’s the highlight of their lives after all.

7. La Shay

February 18, 2021 at 6:23 pm

Everyone nailed it! LaTisha said “she’s grateful for this amazing entertainment but they’re still human.” But, Tisha what have you learned? How are you evolving? Do you accept responsibility for YOUR behavior? Why do you tell everybody that they’re being rude when they disagree with you? Your words in this letter mean NOTHING if you don’t follow up with actions. Its ok to accept the fact that your mom is your designated speaker. You’re in complete denial when you say that you do not CONDONE nor ENJOY how your mother behaves. I thought AKA Sorors were stronger than that. Do the work, reflect, stop whining and please GROW UP! My goodness!! SMH!

8. VRDK

February 20, 2021 at 12:33 pm

This is a reality tv show!! Everything is edited to highlight the buffoonery for ratings!!!! I don’t understand why some of these comments are taking this show so personal or trying to put a realistic view on these shenanigans….. but hey I guess the whole plot of reality tv is working!!

9. LISA FRANKKIN

February 21, 2021 at 4:50 am

SHE REMINDS OF A BULLIED CHILD AND HER MOM IS HER PROTECTOR. LATISHA GROW UP STOP CRYING LIKE A LITTLE 🐕 TELL MOM TO STAY IN A OLD LADY’S PLACE. WHAT KIND OF MAN IF SHE HAS ONE PUTS UP WITH HER A 🐈. SHE COULD NOT STEP TO ME AND TALK CRAZY TO ME. LATISHA IS CRAZY SLOW YELLOW BUS REMEDIAL.

10. Delta Deb N Cali

February 24, 2021 at 3:21 am

Darn Straight! So glad you can all see through LaTisha’s bull. Her mother is dead wrong. She has nothing but hatred for Mel & Tel — So why try to pretend she wanted to advise Melody. About what!?! And, Martel ended up being right about Wanda bringing the children into equation. Also, did LaTisha just attempt to compare her mama to Michelle Obama? Wow Tish…That’s really rich!!!