Entertainment

Evelyn Lozada Announces Her Departure from ‘Basketball Wives’

evelyn lozada leaves basketball wives

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Evelyn Lozada is done with “Basketball Wives.”

Evelyn Lozada is leaving “Basketball Wives.” The reality star made the revelation when she recently appeared on E! News’ “Just The Sip” podcast.

She told Justin Sylvester, “I am no longer going to do ‘Basketball Wives.'” She continued, “I think that it’s time for me to open up the universe to other things.”

Evelyn went on to say that the show isn’t necessarily “positive energy,” and she now thinks it’s important for her to think about what her children see her do. But she also feels as if she should have ended the chapter a long time ago, “It’s time, it’s been time.”

Check out the full interview here.

1. Ugh!

June 2, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Most of the original cast is still on Basketball Ball wives. Both Evelyn Lozada and Tammy both talk about leaving but never actually do. Over 10 years and they always come back …..

June 2, 2021 at 2:09 pm

This show doesn’t have much time left on the air to be honest. Her departure won’t save it.

3. Welp

June 2, 2021 at 2:14 pm

I would think reality television is something you age out of. When you get in your 40s and 50s, arguing on TV for a check ain’t as easy as it was in your 20s and 30s. She needs to stay away this time and find a better way to make a living. Leave this game to the young girls. Hopefully she invested well.

4. Natalie Harris

June 2, 2021 at 2:34 pm

BBW started one way but transitioned into where fingers continued to point and then lies and/or accusations were being thrown around.
    Bottom line…when Tami left, I left.
    I could no longer watch the SHE-nanigans.

5. Miss Morgan

June 2, 2021 at 2:36 pm

This show is toxic for everyone on it and everyone who watches it.

• Realness

June 2, 2021 at 3:57 pm

Bingo.

6. Shania

June 2, 2021 at 3:09 pm

The same people happy about this still won’t watch it next season.

7. Can'tGetRight

June 2, 2021 at 5:52 pm

I maybe the only person who feels this way but I will miss Evelyn! I liked her. She was always gorgeous on the show, brought the drama, was sometimes transparent, and was a great ride or die for Shauni. Hey, who wants to watch a reality show without the “real”ity in it? The BBWs fight like my friends and me. The only difference is we aren’t rich and we actually work real jobs.

8. Aminta

June 3, 2021 at 8:51 am

She needs to !!! Don’t know why she came back in the first place. Never was a Basketball wife !!!!!!! Baseball and Football! YES !!!! Please bring some real Basketball wives next season…