Entertainment

‘Basketball Wives’ Star OG Responds After She’s Accused of Hypocrisy

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

OG’s photo with Chris Brown resulted in backlash.

There were a lot of discussions about colorism on social media after OG made her feelings known on “Basketball Wives.” OG felt she was treated unfairly because she is dark-skinned. And this is the reason why she was labeled as violent although she has never been in a physical altercation on the show.

Interestingly enough, OG recently received some backlash after she posted a photo of herself posing with R&B singer Chris Brown. Chris happened to be at a Kwame Alexander’s basketball game.

While some of OG’s supporters didn’t appear to have a problem with this, others did. They called her out in the comment section and questioned how she could take a photo with Chris when he was accused of being a colorist by Tokyo Vanity. In the past, Tokyo claimed that when she was at the same club as Chris one night, the rules of his VIP section were dark-skinned women were not allowed. This led to a back and forth on social media between Chris and Tokyo.

OG responded.

In response to one of the critical comments, OG wrote, “What you all seem to not get is me simply supporting my man at his game. I will never judge a person based off of rumors and hearsay. The best way to assess a situation is to experience it, witness it, hear both sides and/or have concrete factual evidence.”

She also wrote, “For starters, it’s imperative that people learn to speak from their own experiences. Secondly, I am not one to “preach and teach” about sh*t. I simply shared what I experienced at my workplace so people understood and could relate. Some did not get it. That’s life. I will always treat people how they treat me and make the best impact I can with those around me. Hope you do the same.”

You can check out the screenshots here and here.

July 19, 2021 at 1:56 pm

But wait a second…OG said that Kristen and the others were wrong to continue to be cool with Evelyn even though they told her that they didn’t experience racism or colorism from her. OG’s whole thing was people should believe her and believe black women when they speak on these issues but she doesn’t believe another black woman, Tokyo, when she said she experienced colorism by Chris Brown? Yeah, that is hypocritical. How does OG not see that?

• Lisa

July 19, 2021 at 2:21 pm

That’s the part that gets me. Like it literally came from another black woman’s mouth and now OG is like it’s about your own personal experience when she was mad that Jackie and them said colorism on the show wasn’t their personal experience.

• Barbee

July 19, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Bingo.

2. Peachy

July 19, 2021 at 2:00 pm

This really isn’t a good look for OG. Especially after so many people rode hard for her.

3. Shania

July 19, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Some of us tried to tell y’all OG was a clout chasing opportunist but people didn’t want to listen. No one who truly advocates against colorism would take a picture cheesing next to Chris Brown.

• Gwen

July 22, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Amen to that‼️

4. Pat

July 19, 2021 at 2:04 pm

So now it’s okay to “go based off your own experience.” What a f-cking joke.

5. Wow

July 19, 2021 at 2:07 pm

For two seasons she said she was a victim of colorism just to turn around and fan girl for a colorist? Well that’s…interesting.

July 19, 2021 at 2:11 pm

I knew she was just as problematic and dysfunctional as Evelyn when she bragged about Chad “wanting” her. A woman in her right mind wouldn’t brag about that. It seems the colorism stuff was just a storyline. Now that she’s probably not on the show anymore, she doesn’t care.

July 19, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Og been full of sh-t since she said the Kristen wouldn’t understand because she has European features…..I don’t think any of the women on the show were colorist, but favoritism was shown to those they liked and OG was simply not liked.

8. C

July 19, 2021 at 4:53 pm

So she only cares about colorism when it affects her directly. I’m not surprised. A lot of people are that way.