Entertainment

Candiace Dillard Denies Body Shaming Ashley Darby + Gizelle Bryant Doubles Down

Photo Credit: Bravo

Ashley Darby continues to get called out by Candiace Dillard.

Candiace Dillard has made it clear that she is still upset with Ashley Darby. The “Real Housewives of Potomac” star didn’t appreciate the fact that Ashley wrote a character statement to help Monique Samuels. Candiace wanted Monique to serve time in jail after the altercation. Ashley didn’t want this to happen. So she wrote the statement and addressed the butter knife incident. Her statement was used to support Monique’s argument that Candiace has a history of being aggressive to other women on the show. Well, it worked. And the judge threw out all charges.

With the situation still in the back of Candiace’s mind, she refused to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Wendy Osefo. In fact, Candiace said that Ashley meant to be messy when she told Wendy about Gizelle Bryant’s comments in regards to the cheating rumors about Eddie Osefo. Although it was Gizelle who asked Ashley to do this, Candiace has been calling out Ashley. While she did so, she has called Ashley “forehead” and she told Ashley she has a “wide body.”

Ashley Darby claps back.

On the upcoming episode, the tense conversation between Ashley and Candiace continues. Ashley says, “You’re talking about my forehead? B*tch, get a new line. Your sh*t’s old. It’s tired. It is so tired.” She continues, “You’ve all said that because we’re asking Wendy a question. we’re body-shaming her? That is straight up bullsh*t.”

Candiace then calls for a timeout. Ashley is over it, “Yeah, you need a timeout.” And she gives Candiace a warning, “I’m sitting right here. Don’t open a door that you can’t close, okay? And then calling me a h*e. You wack a*s b*tch.”

After they cool off, Candiace then says she didn’t body shame Ashley. “Ashley, I was not body shaming you. I called you a wide-body whatever out of anger. It had nothing to do with your body. I just wanted to say that.” But Ashley isn’t buying this. “The only thing is you would never say that before I gained weight. Out of all the attacks you’ve ever said to me, you’ve never come for my body before.”

Candiace then says, “Yes, I have. I talk about your forehead all the time.” And Ashley decides to throw a jab right back. “I talk about your dry a*s hair all the time looking like hay sitting on your head. It’s fine.” And Candiace once again says she didn’t body shame Ashley. “Okay, if that’s what we’re going to do. But it has nothing to do with body shaming you.” And Ashley thinks this isn’t the truth, “It is.”

Gizelle Bryant doesn’t back down.

In a green screen interview, Ashley says that one of the reasons she doesn’t care for Candiace is she doesn’t mean it when she apologizes to people.

As the ladies continue their time at Robyn Dixon’s birthday dinner, Mia Thornton relays the message to Gizelle that Karen Huger asked her to send. She thinks they can move forward if Gizelle apologizes for “wishing death” on Ray Huger. “I have a message for you. Karen is waiting on an apology.”

Well, Gizelle isn’t interested in apologizing. “Mia, tell her she’ll be dead before I apologize. Say it just like that. Her and Ray will be dead before I apologize.” But Ashley thinks Gizelle went too far, “Please don’t say that.”

Check out the preview below via Bravo Insider.

September 9, 2021 at 3:49 pm

Candiace only tried to backtrack because she realized her attempt to fake like she’s grown since last season wouldn’t hold up coming for Ashley’s body after childbirth. And Gizelle really needs to be careful with her words. Death and the possibility of death isn’t something you play with.

2. Chelly

September 9, 2021 at 4:43 pm

Gizelle turned 51 today. She should stop the ageism.

• X

September 10, 2021 at 10:59 am

Karen should also stop the ageism, she talks about Gizelle being old and the cracks and lines in her face, she should be helpful and tell Gizelle to do what she did, to do an upgrade and get a face lift, Karen is seven years older than Gizelle.

• Chelly

September 10, 2021 at 2:23 pm

You’re right. I don’t like ageism and no one should be ageist. Growing older is a blessing.

3. And What?

September 9, 2021 at 7:05 pm

Here’s the thing, I don’t think Gizelle wished death on Ray. But it is insensitive to say he’ll be dead and buried before something specific happens. Especially at his age. The fact that she doesn’t understand that lets me know she’s missing a sensitivity chip. Then she doubled down here. She needs to do better.

4. Ms. Jackson

September 9, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Ashley is sick of Candiace’s sh-t.

5. Ummm

September 9, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Ashley is full of it…. she is no better and needs to be replaced

6. Diva

September 9, 2021 at 9:16 pm

RHOP continues to deliver. Ashley and Gizelle bring the chaos and drama. Karen, Mia, and Candiace bring the humor. Wendy brings the class and sophistication. And Robyn and Askale bring the authenticity. Excellent casting. I enjoyed Ashley and Candiace’s little spar here. Gizelle is being over the top as usual. She’ll apologize and make up with Karen soon.

September 9, 2021 at 9:22 pm

Ashley is Candiace’s equal. She’s the only person who can match Candiace’s mouth and get under her skin in that group. That’s why Candiace tried to fight her. It’s hilarious when they argue. They’re like Gizelle and Karen to me.

8. Xray

September 10, 2021 at 2:34 am

I understand why Ashley is holding animosity with Candiace, she’s done Mean things to Ashley and what the reasons are is unclear, I know Ashley defended Monique but Candiace had animosity towards Ashley long before that. I have never seen anyone as childish and immature as Candiace. As far as Gizelle goes, I can see why she has animosity towards Karen, Gizelle was bashed pretty bad by Karen at the reunion, why did Karen wait four years before she said something to Gizelle about wishing death on Ray, it seems as if she wanted something to attack Gizelle about, when Gizelle made that comment I don’t believe that is what she met.

9. Trina

September 11, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Ashley has gotten tired of Candice. Candice said to much. Gizhelle is not the example to follow, she stops talking when the heat comes back to her. Candice doesn’t understand when she should stop.