'Basketball Wives' Star CeCe Gutierrez Wants to Quit the Show + Has No Desire to Attend Reunion

‘Basketball Wives’ Star CeCe Gutierrez Wants to Quit the Show + Has No Desire to Attend Reunion

Photo Credit: VH1

“Basketball Wives” has been full of family drama on the current season.

Kristen Scott and CeCe Gutierrez are not in a good place.

CeCe is set to marry Kristen’s father in law Byron Scott.

However, Kristen’s husband Thomas Scott isn’t feeling CeCe. And neither is Kristen.

Byron also has issues with Kristen. He is still upset that she accused him of not seeing his grandchild.

He doesn’t even want Kristen to attend his wedding.

Then OG revealed Thomas was actually adopted by Bryon. And Thomas’ biological father is actor TK Carter.

This only made matters worse.

Both Kristen and Thomas are convinced CeCe told OG this as a way to get even.

It’s clear that there won’t be a resolution soon between all parties involved.

Interestingly enough, all the drama now has CeCe wanting to leave the show.

She expressed this on Twitter.

1. Girl Bye

August 9, 2019 at 11:44 am

She wants to quit the show and not show up to the reunion because she doesn’t want to be called out for her bullsh-t. Tami was spot on about CeCe. She’s a cool chick but she doesn’t own up to her sh-t. She sat up in OG’s face lying calling those text messages fake until OG had to call her out. CeCe is a trip.

August 9, 2019 at 11:46 am

I’m not surprised. CeCe doesn’t like to take responsibility for her role in anything.

August 9, 2019 at 11:58 am

She needs go to the reunion and call the right people out. A lot of viewers are actually on her side. But I understand if she doesn’t come back next season. She doesn’t really need this show. She a successful business woman and her husband to be is wealthy.

• CKelley

August 10, 2019 at 6:54 pm

I totally agree. She is not saying anything to intentionally hurt anyone, she is merely having conversation and OG it’s going back and telling everything. If anyone is the messy boo, it is OG. What they also need to realize is that Byron has been a part of these conversations as well, and has no problem with CC conversation. At the end of the day, that is all that matters to CC.

4. Joyce Agyeman Osei

August 9, 2019 at 12:23 pm

I feel that a lot of Cece’s actions are coming from a fear of facing people not liking her. She needs to live in her truth, stand up for herself, and stop dodging situations. It just makes her look bad.

5. Shannon

August 9, 2019 at 12:26 pm

I think she’s just in her feelings. She won’t really quit and she will go to the reunion.

6. Nessa

August 9, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I agree with Anonymous @ 11:58am. CeCe doesn’t actually need this show. She’s good financially and now she’s about to marry a man with even more money. I’m actually surprised she agreed to do the show in the first place. That being said, the real reason she said all of this is because she really doesn’t feel like defending her actions. She’d prefer to play victim instead.

• Mo

August 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Anyone who does a reality TV were there is nothing but arguing and fighting needs the money…….CeCe struggling like the rest of us

• Anonymous

August 9, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Aren’t you a Candiace Dillard stan? I see you defend her a lot on here. She has money and comes from wealth, right? I mean she’s still on RHOP and so is Kandi Burruss. Sometimes people with money still want to do these kinds of reality shows. Multiple streams of income I guess. And the fame doesn’t hurt either.

• Mo

August 9, 2019 at 4:33 pm

I see you don’t. I clearly said “anyone”

• Anonymous

August 9, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Does Kandi need the money as well? And if CeCe is willing to walk away, doesn’t that weaken your narrative? People who need the money don’t usually quit. Just saying.

• Nessa

August 9, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Kandi is the perfect example of why what Mo said isn’t always true. It’s true for a lot of people but not all. Now I’m not a fan of CeCe, but I’m not going to act like she’s struggling financially just because I don’t care for her. Sis has money. So does her man.

• Mo

August 10, 2019 at 8:20 am

Kandi needs the money as well. No one is buying Kandi’s music. I don’t hear her music on the radio.

People with ” real money”do not do reality TV shows. That’s why we see D list celebs instead of A list celebrities

• Nessa

August 10, 2019 at 8:50 am

Mo I’m starting to sense you’re one of those people who can never be wrong, like Donald Trump. You’re too prideful to understand that the world isn’t black and white. Not everyone is the same, definitely not rich people. You just typed people with real money don’t do reality shows like there isn’t a billionaire on Shark Tank. Guess why that billionaire, Mark Cuban, successful businessman and owner of the Dallas Mavericks, is on that reality show? He is on it because it raises his profile. You can be rich but want to be more known which being on a reality show will do for you. With that visibility, you expand your brand and make even more money. Also, you’re not getting it if you think Kandi needs her music played on the radio to make money. Truth be told, the music industry is struggling. Artists aren’t making a lot of money due to the streaming business. They have to tour to make money, which Kandi successfully just did with Xscape. Kandi’s songwriting is why she never has to have a hit song again. Kandi came on RHOA as a multimillionaire. She has multiple successful businesses. Her restaurant is already a hit with three different locations. Every location is always packed. Her s-x toy company is a success and has been for years. You should read the Forbes article on her. She’s always thinking of more ways to make money. All RHOA is to her is another income stream. You’re flat out wrong. I don’t know why you can’t understand that some rich people do reality shows for fame and visibility. They don’t need the money but it’s a nice incentive. Bethenny Frankel is also filthy rich. But she continues to do Housewives after selling her company for $100 million because she wants to.

• Nessa

August 9, 2019 at 4:52 pm

That’s not always true. Especially not nowadays. A lot of people with money are doing these reality shows now to use the platform to launch into different things. Truth be told, CeCe could turn around and use her BBWLA fame to gain a bigger following on social media and make money as an influencer. She can also use the fame to create multiple successful businesses like Kandi and Bethenny have done. I mean CeCe already owns a successful medical spa. I can’t hate on that. The visibility brings in more money though. Not everyone on these shows is broke.

• Michelle Dawn

August 9, 2019 at 5:02 pm

I don’t think CeCe needs the money. If anything, her and Byron agreed to do this show to help Kristen and Thomas. They couldn’t have gotten on the show without CeCe and Byron. Then Kristen flipped the script on Byron and CeCe, which is really messed up.

• Anonymous

August 9, 2019 at 10:00 pm

This!

7. Ms. Jackson

August 9, 2019 at 1:59 pm

They only say this bulls-t when they are afraid to get called out on their ways.

8. Tiffani Young

August 9, 2019 at 2:30 pm

CeCe storyline was boring anyway so why am I NOT surprised that she now wants to quit the show and the reunion. None of Ce Ce or Kristen storylines made sense to me.

9. 100

August 9, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Nah she needs to be as tough she acts on Twitter and IG. She’s had a lot to say there so she needs to keep the same energy at the reunion.

August 9, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Be careful who u vent 2. A listening ear is also a running mouth.

11. Debra

August 9, 2019 at 7:49 pm

I actually like CeCe! I do think that she needs to stand up for herself more. And I think that the comments that she made about OG, were more about about her tr7ing to please Kristen at the time! All she had to say to OG was yes I made those comments when I didn’t know you and I was trying to hard to fit in and I apologize! Kristen used Jennifer to get the info out on CeCe and then sat back like she didn’t know what was going on! Byron supports CeCe that’s all she needs. It is a shame that OG is ganged up on all the time. And how come Ev and Shaunie didn’t make Feby own her mess. Ev was so busy trying to make Jennifer own her words, she should of done the same with Feby! The only people I actually like on this is show is Tami, CeCe and OG!

12. Realness

August 9, 2019 at 10:04 pm

I didn’t like it when Jenn did it and I don’t like that CeCe is trying to do it now. It’s cowardly.