'Real Housewives of Potomac' Star Ashley Darby Calls Candiace Dillard's Husband a Gold Digger

‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Star Ashley Darby Calls Candiace Dillard’s Husband a Gold Digger

rhop reunion trailer season 4

Photo Credit: Bravo

Bravo has released the first look at the “Real Housewives of Potomac” reunion. To no surprise, most of the drama is centered around Ashley and Michael Darby. The accusations made against Michael are a hot topic. However, Ashley’s feud with Candiace Dillard also takes center stage. Candiace continues to accuse Ashley of gold-digging. So Ashley makes a target out of Chris Bassett.

Interestingly enough, Chris and Michael also have some tension. But it’s Ray Huger who refuses to let up on Michael. Plus, Candiace and Monique Samuels continue to be at odds. While Karen Huger washes her hands of Gizelle Bryant.

September 6, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Wait a minute. Now maybe it’s just the editing but I know Ray did not say he saw Michael grope that man and he didn’t take his a-s down to the police station when his wife is a victim of rape. That would make me look at him in a different light. If this groping thing is just a talking point to get even with Michael and Ashley, then Ray and Karen are no better than the Darby’s. If they know or saw something they should have said something so Michael could have been prosecuted. So I hope that is not what Ray was saying.

• Taylor

September 6, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Oh Karen and Ray are just mad Michael and Ashley dragged them about their tax debt. This is payback. People can fall for Karen’s theatrics if they want to. Karen is one of the pettiest and most indictive people on RHOP. And passive aggressive as h-ll. She gets a pass b because she’s funny and most viewers haven’t caught on. But I see her for what she really is. All this talk about how messy Ashley is but Karen is right there with her. Just less direct with it.

• Taylor

September 6, 2019 at 3:39 pm

*vindictive

• Janie

September 6, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I totally agree with you Taylor. I’ll also add that Karen is the most fake a** pretentious b**** that THINKS she knows it all. She doesn’t! Ignorant!

• Alesia

September 7, 2019 at 7:40 am

True. She is messy.. they are funny when want to be and great times but they are so messy to be great women to petty.

2. Shayla

September 6, 2019 at 2:30 pm

I don’t know how you accuse a woman of being a gold digger when you live off your mom and your husband willingly moved in your momma’s house. Candiace has the lamest reads. Most of them are just projection. Anyway, I knew they would make this all about Michael and Ashley. He’s never going to say he’s guilty, so why keep bringing it up? Now watch them drag this out to next season. I am over that storyline.

• Pam

September 6, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Let them tell it on the fan pages Candiace is some expert reader and the queen of shade. I find her responses juvenile and vulgar, not witty.

• Kaiser

September 6, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Candace reads are right on point and where they need to be Ashley is very much a gold digger!! And if I was a parent I would rather my daughter live off my money, than selling herself to a man and settling down for a man who treats her like dirt… (cough Ashley…)

• Pam

September 6, 2019 at 7:08 pm

Sweetheart, Candiace’s reads are on point to YOU. I’m not impressed by witless and vulgar temper tantrums though. Ashley’s situation may be a mess but Candiace’s life isn’t much better. Her mother’s money comes with emotional and physical abuse, humiliation and her husband can’t do for her financially like her mom can so he has to go along with her mother’s controlling ways. This is why her “reads” never work on Ashley. Ashley is fully aware that Candiace’s life is full of dysfunction too. The rest of y’all are too busy living vicariously through Candiace to notice.

• Alesia

September 7, 2019 at 7:42 am

Amen. She is not throwing good shade and it is Folger and juvenile. Her and husband don’t fit really don’t. Bring back Sharee liked her

3. Elizabeth

September 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Ashley is always ready for Candiace. Always. She needs to keep the same energy with Gizelle too though because Gizelle is not her friend.

• jasmine green

September 6, 2019 at 2:47 pm

PPPPPPRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!! YEA SHE NEEDS TO BE ON GO FOR ALL OF THEM, THEY ALWAYS TRYNA TALK ABOUT HER MAN I’M SICK OF IT.

4. Ms. Jackson

September 6, 2019 at 2:44 pm

It’s like they are trying to push Ashley into leaving Michael. They need to stop that sh-t. She made her choice and she’s not leaving that man so find some new sh-t to talk about.

5. And What?

September 6, 2019 at 2:50 pm

I’ll give it to Ashley. She’s in the hot seat and still ten toes down.

6. shady boo

September 6, 2019 at 2:56 pm

LMBO ok now this some afternoon laugh, Candiace should NEVER comment on Ashley being a gold digger she say that b/c thts whay her and her husband do to her mom, He should have never agreed to move in a place that wasn’t theirs I’m done w/Candiace………………PERIOD she really annoys me and I feel sorry for her husband he too ashamed to leave her hopefully he finds out he’s more valuable w/o her Ray may have seen something b/c its a reason Karen felt as strongly as she did and I do think she tried to protect Ashley thts why she never told the other ladies what Ray saw, also Ray may have been trying to allow Michael to amn up, NOT……..

7. Questions

September 6, 2019 at 3:51 pm

If Michael really did this and all those cameras were around, why is there no footage of him doing this? Not manipulated audio but actual FOOTAGE of what happened? And why do all of these women keep saying he groped that man when the actual cameraman didn’t say that in the police report? In the police report he said Michael put his finger in his butt. Now I got a list of issues with Ashley & Michael, but something ain’t adding up.

• Trisha

September 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm

You and me are here. I believe Michael was set up. If that footage was true proof then why didn’t the cameraman use it in court and get Michael convicted? And the fact that the cameraman was new and that was his first day…then the way they edited that footage. Katie called them out about editing the footage to make Michael look guilty and they fired her. That is very shady to me. Michael was an easy target because of things he’s done to people he actually knows in the past. And it’s telling that they made this the focus of the season too.

• Anonymous

September 6, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Honestly, I think the cast is just focused on getting back at Michael and Ashley because they’ve had so much to say about everyone else. But the way these shows work is everyone will have that season in the hot seat. It’s Ashley and Michael now but it will be someone else next season. And they’re going to want the sympathy they didn’t give Ashley.

September 6, 2019 at 7:00 pm

I agree with Karen regarding Michael. I am also a s-xual assault survivor. I have a legal related degree. In a court of law, even if a verdict is deemed not guilty, that is not the same as being innocent. In addition, lack of sufficient evidence does not mean innocent. I believe the producers did not want to play the angle of what Michael did because Ashley makes the show so interesting. She is young, smart, messy, witty, not easily intimidated and really knows how to “get you together” If the producers, get rid of Michael, they have no need for Ashley. From week to week, and from every word that Ashley breathes, you never know what her theme is. Ashley is “the leading lady and star” of the show. Gizelle, you are beautiful, I love reading your book and I commend you for EverHue. On the other hand, you need to continue to carry yourself like a First Lady, even though you are no longer in that “role” You are so jealous of Monique and there is no need to be if you really think of yourself as highly as you say and project on the show. There is room for others to shine besides you. Monique you are my favorite. Continue to be honest, however you can be a mess pot as well. That was really low down to bring Kendall around. Gizelle had it coming. However, just like we know you can ruffle her feathers on your own, like no one else can. You have a beautiful marriage.
    Candiace, don’t waste your time and money with therapy. You need to establish some strong boundaries with your mother and stop pretending that Ashley and Monique are your problems, it is your codependent toxic relationship with your mother.She is the one who turned you into a princess.

• Alesia

September 7, 2019 at 8:13 am

Monique isn’t honest or real.she as messy as the rest and I think that Ashley can hold her own without a Michael. It would be nice to see her dating taking care of her son. And still hanging with girls so don’t count her out. Ashley allows her mom and husband to do her wrong. She is a ok person just keep going to psychologist and realize you owe mom nothing and you count and make people respect you..Michael getting her to sign papers he railroaded her through it out and get out let her live and be happy with someone who really cares and not confused his self

9. Cory hopkins

September 6, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Lack of sufficient evidence also does not mean your Guilty either. Two people can look at the same event ,and each will have their own interpretation of what they believe they saw. This is why we have trials, to suss out the truth based on evidence. Geez. Innocent until proven guilty .
    Until then it’s just the camera mans word against Michaels .

10. Just saying

September 9, 2019 at 3:01 pm

we cant rell what Micheal did (we just know he did something)to the camera man (which could have been anything) I think the girls is saying there has been a few incidents are his actions are questionable at best, nobody has to address the truth but most will address accusations and rumors(which has a little truth laid inside)thts generally supports the accusation or rumor, O think she doing what most wifes would do and tht is protect her troubled husband, Michael likes to have fun but he has to know there are boundaries.