Quantcast
'Married to Medicine' Stars Dr. Jackie & Dr. Contessa Bring Buffie Purselle to Tears

Urban Belle Magazine

‘Married to Medicine’ Stars Dr. Jackie & Dr. Contessa Bring Buffie Purselle to Tears

Photo Credit: Bravo

“Married to Medicine” has been full of drama on the current season. Many of the fans have had a lot to say about Dr. Jackie Walters and Buffie Purselle. The two women clashed after Jackie called Buffie infertile at her event. This was said while Jackie was making her speech.

Buffie felt some type of way and confronted Jackie while they were in Cabo. Jackie snapped and offered up a cold apology in response. She would later pull Buffie to the side and apologize, again. But Buffie wasn’t moved by either apology.

Apparently, Dr. Simone Whitmore wasn’t either because she asks Jackie to apologize, again, on the season finale. And things go left shortly, after. In fact, Jackie and Dr. Contessa Metcalfe bring Buffie to tears.

1. Morgan

December 16, 2019 at 10:01 am

I don’t like Contessa at all you want Mariah get her hands off yours but you grabbing Buffie hand and put your hands on her head shaking it… Contessa needs to get her stuff together for her husband leaves her and she needs to take her own damn advice. Contessa husband tries and all she do is complain

• Maria Mcclam

December 16, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Exactly!!

• Celeste

December 16, 2019 at 9:59 pm

I agree!!!

• jahmeelah

December 16, 2019 at 10:23 pm

Exactly than she talking about someone wallowing she keeps wallowing over the facts that she needs to be a freaking mother she is like a little girl. Why is she even on here she has no storyline

• Taa

December 17, 2019 at 6:28 am

True…

• Linda Rodriguez

December 19, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Contessa,Quad and Heavenly need to kick rocks. All Heavenly likes to do is stir up sh-t. Quad needs to put all her energy into sisters circle. All they do in that show is talk about everyone they don’t like.

• Bridget

December 19, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Agreed! Contessa acts as ahe is in the military around non military people. She comes off as hard and no feminine side at all. Dr. Jackie had no right to say what she said in public about Buffie. That was ver personal. Humiliation can turn a person so cold so she needs to direct her anger towards her husband because who gets over a public humiliation so fast and remains with a man who dishonored their marriage? Mean girls are ugly! Jackie, Contessa and goat face Heavenly 🤦🏽‍♀️😕👽

• Carolyn Anne Julius

December 19, 2019 at 9:27 pm

He’s better off leaving her crying ass looking for sympathy from all the other ladies that don’t really like her I pray they kick her Jackie, Heavenly and Mariah off.

• Reginald L Williams

December 22, 2019 at 4:28 am

I don’t like that Buffie woman. She is a newbie on the show and she starts off joining the show in the wrong with letting Toya get attacked by the girl from love and hip hop Atlanta. After that she attacks Heavenly and others from the show. She shouldn’t be on this show at all.

• Mommaperk

December 20, 2019 at 11:06 am

Contessa needs to go. She is corny. Two seasons ago she quit her job to spend more time with her kids. That didn’t last long. Now her a-s want to get away from them every week an be in Tennessee. Make up your d-mn mind!!! She don’t know what she want. Go to California and be with your corny a-s friends over there!!

• Mariea Jackson

December 21, 2019 at 10:24 pm

Sis resents her life responsibilities as a wife and Mom..period. She is thirsting for that single…care-free military life from a dangerously selfish place..and should have had that same energy for her very disrespectful nanny. I’m very disappointed in her..expected better.

December 16, 2019 at 10:15 am

It kind of seems like Contessa is really trying hard to be the star of this season. Anyway, I think these women are being really insensitive to Buffie. Miscarriages are heartbreaking. To expect a woman to “get over it” when it comes to having miscarriages is gross. So I hope Contessa wasn’t telling Buffie not to wallow in her sadness about having multiple miscarriages. That would make her insensitive and ignorant. I’d like to believe Contessa is better than that but we’ll see soon I guess.

• Kimberly

December 16, 2019 at 10:44 am

Oh she’s trying REALLY hard and I’m over it.

• Caro0202

December 16, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Contessa turned out to be a real A-S, her husband should tell her to keep her a-s in Tennessee

• Tasha

December 16, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Idk what Contessa was referring to but Heavenly did say Buffie needs to stop being sad and do something about her situation like get a surrogate. I thought that was ignorant because getting a surrogate won’t bring back the babies Buffie lost. That’s not how it works. I know of women who had miscarriages years ago and still being hurt by it despite going on to have more children. That’s not something women need to be telling other women to get over.

• Melody Lema

December 16, 2019 at 5:34 pm

I am one of those women who has had miscarriages, 11 in fact. And one child born under trauma that lived for 30 minutes. If I could have had a surrogate, I would have done it in a minute. I had 3 corrective surgeries, 1 partial hysterectomy, and then a total, all by the age of 23. You are right, I think of my son constantly, especially this time of year. But there comes a time when you finally pick yourself up, and get out of your own way. Buffie seems to me, to be stuck in the victim stage, she needs to move to the accomplishments stage, use some of their money, and either adopt, or surrogate which ever they would like to do. I wish that Jackie had done something like that also. I respect and really like Jackie, but I think if she had become a parent, she would be a little softer. But I understand why she didn’t, with a dx of breast cancer, I would be afraid of it being worse and of leaving a child behind.

• Shannon

December 16, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Buffie pointing out Jackie’s weak apology and inappropriateness doesn’t make her a victim. It makes her courageous on a show full of cowards and followers. It’s amazing how long Jackie has been unchallenged on this show and how viewers and people on the show are more angry that Jackie is being called out than the offensive action Jackie is responsible for. FYI, Buffie and Dave are in the process of getting a surrogate. But none of that will erase the miscarriages she’s had prior. And we need to stop telling black women to “get over it” when we experience trauma. The “pick yourself up by the bootstraps” narrative does not apply here. And never will. Stop acting like black women aren’t allowed to be human. We deal with that enough as it is. Black women are disproportionately dying from childbirth, having miscarriages and having stillborn babies. We don’t have to be quiet or get over it to show our strength. And Jackie doesn’t need to become a mother to be “a little softer.” There’s many women out here with kids who aren’t even empathetic to their own children. Jackie is just a selfish, insensitive, pretentious rude person because she constantly chooses to be.

• Robin Clements

December 16, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Thank You! Well said!Buffie is the one we should be lifting up & giving her props for standing up for herself. Jackie is trying to keep a story line at someone else’s expense. Cuntessa (Contessa) Pot calling the kettle black. Boring as h-ll! First with Toya but She couldn’t handle her. So they wanna pick on the weakest link. Buffie Don’t Come Down off Your Chariot and throw Tomatoes with Jackie & Cuntessa! They both jealous! Especially Jackie because Buffie husband supports and loves her and whatever it takes his wife Happy and complete. Curtis Straight out said No! Not open for discussion! Jackie just Empty.

• Tanya

December 17, 2019 at 5:08 am

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 THANK U!!!💯💯💯💯💯💯

• Taa

December 17, 2019 at 6:36 am

Jackie is a mean, spiteful, jealous cre as true. Buffie is successful and refuses to kiss her azzz, so Jackie has no use for her. She wants to be the “authority “, but in essence she is extremely flawed and weak. Her disdain if both Mariah and Buffie is pure jealousy. Why were they the only 2 she called out? Seeing is believing. . . . Hateful!

• kimmie

December 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Well said! I almost died from my miscarriage, we lost twins. And even though I have an amazing child. the memories of that tragic experience will never leave me. I also strongly agree with your “bootstraps” statement. There is a practice that black women are made of steel and should not show our emotions or pain. Yet, when we do let our emotional guards down we are often judged as either being weak or being hard. We are human and need to embrace all of what that means.

• Lashawndrea

December 20, 2019 at 7:30 am

Amen love the comment so true

• MomofAJ

December 26, 2019 at 11:42 pm

Shannon, yes to all of that!!!!

• Bridget Ware

December 19, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Agreed! That is me. I had a long sad history with my husband of miscarriages. Women that have not gone through that can not and will not tell me how to feel. We finally got our angel Jade and stopped because the mental trama of each miscarriage is painful.

• Edith

December 16, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Contessa need to sit down and stfu. She doesn’t want anyone telling her how to handle her marriage

• Barb Smith

December 16, 2019 at 10:32 pm

I can take or leave Contessa, but her husband was wrong for bringing children into grown folk conversation & he admitted so. The problem I have with her is that she spent money to further her education & dropped out w/o talking with her husband about the situation r seeing a therapist at that point rather than throwing away time & money. No one could stop me from being a better me. She was a woman 1st & educated doctor 2nd or this thought should have occurred to her. The old saying, she put the cart b4 the horse, well to me it definitely apply. Now must start over due to 2 doctors having a lack of communication, which proves that we r all human I guess.

3. Whatever

December 16, 2019 at 10:23 am

Simone should have just let it be. Jackie and Buffie were at least able to coexist so there was no need to start mess again. Most of the viewers were able to see Jackie was wrong so no need to keep trying to make her see why she was out of line. She’ll never get it anyway. And Contessa needs to mind her business. Her and Heavenly act like Jackie’s personal bodyguards. It’s annoying. And it makes the show wack. But they had so much to say about Lake being around. I guess Quad and Jackie are the only ones allowed to have backup.

4. CE-CE

December 16, 2019 at 10:37 am

SIMMONE SHOULD’VE LEFT IT ALONE. JACKIE KNOWS D***WELL WHAT SHE DID & IF SHE WASN’T SUCH A WITCH BEING SELFISH SHE’D PUT THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT & SEE THAT. NOW, CONTESSA HAS NERVE TO TELL BUFFIE TO STOP WALLOWING IN HER FEELINGS YET SHE WAS DOING THE SAME THING ABOUT HOW HER HUSBAND WASN’T THERE FOR HER WITH THE SCHOOL ISSUE.THIS IS BETWEEN BUFFIE & JACKIE PERIOD! IF THEY CAN’T FIX IT THATA ON THEM. ALL THE OTHER LADIES SHOULD BUT OUT!

• Bridget V Ware

December 19, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Agreed. At least Simone sees that her friend Jackie is being a stone cold B. Jackie was out of order concering private info relating to Buffie. Contessa needs to go tend to her marriage and grow a feminine side to her instead of a drill Sargent. Heavenly and Quad need to be replaced. Heavenly over board messy and Quad just looks like she is really not a good person. Simone is right.

5. Wow

December 16, 2019 at 11:04 am

D-mn Jackie. She’s mean as h-ll!

• Shelly Brooker

December 16, 2019 at 3:38 pm

SICK OF CONTESSA SHE IS SO OUT OF ORDER SHE ACTS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN IN IRAQ WAR.WITH PTS SYNDRONE. SHE IS NUTS. SCOTT CAN DO BETTER… MAYBE SHE TRYING TO HARD TO GET A STORY LINE TO STAY ON THE SHOW

• MissKitty

December 16, 2019 at 5:38 pm

You have said a month full there she very irritating 😠 to me looks 👀 to me as if she has swim in the woman pawn

• Barbara Smith

December 16, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Contessa nor her husband has added anything to the show.wasted Bravo money. Could have given regulars a larger pay raise.

• Bea

December 16, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Jackie’s head is too big for the screen!!

• Bridget V Ware

December 19, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Jackie mean and mean girls are ugly and play ugly. Jackie got so much sorrow wrapped up in her…that’s why she keeps herself busy. She thinks obtaining this and that will ease her pain and loneliness but it won’t. She needs counceling. Mean and cold!

6. Having Faith

December 16, 2019 at 11:10 am

I really hope that Contessa was saying don’t wallow in this mess with Jackie and don’t let her words consume you. I really hope that’s what that was. If not whew chile…the mess!!

7. Shaun

December 16, 2019 at 12:29 pm

I believe Contessa was speaking of the issues with Dr. Jackie not the infertile issues. I believe a lot of the drama are for theatrics for rating. I so enjoy the show and wish the ladies would revert and continue to show the sisterhood that I enjoyed watching from where I believe the show stemmed. Let’s get it together ladies, young ladies are watching you

8. Artis

December 16, 2019 at 12:32 pm

It seems like a lot of scissoring is going on in this show. How can so many so called educated people be so ignorant to fact.

• Ernestine

December 16, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Congress was advising her to take her power back from Jackie.

December 16, 2019 at 1:49 pm

I like Jackie. But Jackie if u forgave ur husband why can’t u forget Buffie? Remember u was the one that made that statement & u are upset with Buffie 🤔🤔.

10. Caro0202

December 16, 2019 at 3:14 pm

What has gotten into Jackie? I wouldn’t not choose her as a doctor. She has the personality of a rattlesnake

• MissKitty

December 16, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Storyline

• Ray James

December 17, 2019 at 10:21 am

Amen! Satan’s spawn to be exact!

• Bridget V Ware

December 19, 2019 at 9:08 pm

Jackie boring and had to get her ratings up. Her and Curtis life are a bore. He humiliated her in public eye and she want’s to turn around a humilate someone else. Hurt people hurt people

December 16, 2019 at 3:23 pm

I think this show displays extreme jealousy and disrespect amongst so-call professional women. You have the women on the right, Jackie, Quad, Heavenly and Contessa who all appears to be jealous of Mariah and pursues any reason esp. Heavenly to be confrontational with her. Mariah needs to get a bigger back bone and tell each lady where to go. On the other hand, you have Simone who plays both sides depending on the weather. Toya, stepped up this season and revealed she’s her own person. Nice surprise!! Buffie, sad but true, some women dislike other women who doesn’t need to walk in their shadow. Do not be faze. Also am I the only one who remembers Jackie was upset with Mariah for stating to her, she doesn’t have children, therefore she did not understand which was said in a private conversation but she does not understand Buffies’s frustration or pain. Stop Dr. Jackie, focus on Curtis.

• Melissa Williams

December 16, 2019 at 10:32 pm

It’s sad how either one of these inconsiderate women can call themselves doctors or be able to publicly go out and help people but can’t even help those around them how dare any doctor that I go visit disclose any of my medical issues with anyone as a friend in a specially as a Doctor you know better than that I’m so surprised at Jackie but Jackie looks evil stuck up as well if I was Buffy I would sue her ass like her on the show but I don’t like her this go round

12. blackrose

December 16, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Buffie irks me.
    She tries to make subtle comments about how rich she is which is offputting. A few episodes back she said its hard to make friends because she is so successful…uh ok.Last night she said her home is too large to be intimate. On last nights episode she was trying too hard.

• Anonymous

December 16, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I agree with u “blackrose about Buffie trying to hard.

13. Lana

December 16, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Umm Contessa has cried all season about her husband not being thrilled about her going to school out of state. She’s cried multiple times a season or so ago because she wanted to be a stay at home mom. But Buffie can’t cry over having multiple miscarriages and being offended by some woman she barely knows wrongly calling her infertile in a room full of strangers because that’s wallowing? Contessa is such a jerk for this. And she needs to understand she’s not in the military anymore so she has no right to be screaming in anyone’s face.

14. Celeste

December 16, 2019 at 10:06 pm

I agree!!!

15. Theresa

December 16, 2019 at 11:06 pm

It’s a shame how some women are insensitive to other women struggle. You cant tell someone how to feel especially if you have children. Matter of fact it’s not anyone place to tell another what to do or feel.

16. Diva

December 16, 2019 at 11:45 pm

Contessa and Jackie is going straight to h-ll with gasoline panties on. Contessa is Team Jackie, along will bull dog face Heavenly.

17. MsBrendababy