LHHNY Star Yandy Smith Responds to Criticism of Anniversary Post

LHHNY Star Yandy Smith Responds to Criticism of Anniversary Post

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

“Love And Hip Hop New York” fans know that Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris have been through a lot. This has been well documented on the show. The hardest thing the couple ever endured though is Mendeecees’ time in prison. However, Mendeecees came home several months ago. So the couple is looking forward to what the future has in store now that Mendeecees is out of prison.

Interestingly enough, they just celebrated a 5 year anniversary.

So when one of Yandy’s followers questioned the message she penned, Yandy responded.

May 27, 2020 at 10:04 am

I’ve always thought it was weird when a woman says a man made her woman. The last person I heard say this ended up getting cheated on by her husband.

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 7:23 pm

I also think that what she meant is that he has helped her grow emotionally!!
      We already know that as black women, we’re strong, smart and resilient! But, emotionally we can be a rollercoaster because some of us sometimes go through a lot in life!
      She was financially grown, intellectually grown but, its about the emotion… that’s how I interpreted her comments

• South girl

May 27, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Well said!

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Thank you sis!!

• Rochelle Smith

May 28, 2020 at 7:10 am

I couldn’t have said it better myself!

• Agreed

May 27, 2020 at 7:27 pm

There is somebody very famous who said that about her husband and he ended up dogging her out for the world to see. I won’t say her name because I don’t feel like dealing with her stans. But I completely agree with you. People need to build themselves up and stop relying on other human beings to do it.

• CiCi

May 28, 2020 at 12:56 pm

It is weird. Men know nothing about womanhood. They can’t teach you how to become a woman.

• Shawn

June 5, 2020 at 11:38 am

Mary J Blige said the same thing.

May 27, 2020 at 10:22 am

Yandy was all those things before she got with Mendeecees. However, I understand the point was to praise Mendeecees.

• Chelly

May 27, 2020 at 1:36 pm

This.

• Yolanda C

May 27, 2020 at 3:51 pm

I agree with Lennie Yandy is fake and phoney I never liked her. She claims to love Mendecees children but disrespects their mothers. All because she claims to be his wife when they’re not really married and she over steps boundaries thinking she can do what she wants with those kids without asking their mothers.

• Tiffeney Brown

May 27, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Why are you bitter people so in tune with television she is his wife and have taking care his kids before he had kids with her. I don’t care about the other mother feelings especially when the grandmother was doing the other half not Samatha you people are bugging. Congratulations Yandy on your grow and my God continue to bless you family and your marriage

• Sulwife99

May 27, 2020 at 9:19 pm

They’re Not Married. Why you think they don’t use the same last name and he is a Rapist. Girl I bet you’re one of those chicks not women who needs a man to define her. She is fake, Phony and over steps way to many boundaries Period. like sis said. You must be one of those Fake and Phony chicks as well.

• Shawn

June 5, 2020 at 11:40 am

You are so right🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

• Sulwife99

May 27, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Yesssssssssss girrrrrl cuz the ppl act like their blind when it comes to her Fake Phony A-s

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Wow!! You’re speaking of out of anger! It’s not that serious you sound like you’re speaking about your own experience!!

• kim

May 29, 2020 at 5:58 am

I agree with you 100% Yandy is an actress she says and does many things because shes acting her part.I rarely have seen her be real.Shes a liar and will back peddle in a minute.Im sordy but we say some of the dummiest sh-t.I guess you would learn to tolerate a man being away in jail and all the other drama hes brought to your life since you chose to accept that.Everyone talks about how successful Yandy is because she has money.But,Shes not a smart woman and shes not making a good choice in the relationship that shes pick or the example shes setting for her daughter.Shes foolish and thats not growing at all.

• Anonymous

May 27, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Yeah, she was definitely killing it before she even met Mendeecees. I’m sure she just wanted to stroke his ego though.

3. Lennie

May 27, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Yandy is phony. Didn’t she finally tell truth that they didn’t get married and it was for show? She’s too shady. Disrespect his kids mothers cause she feels she can yet claim to love his kids. Not sure if she’s a good person but on tv not

4. deb dyson

May 27, 2020 at 2:14 pm

Oh good grief, why didn’t she buy a card & say that. Why does everything have to be out there for the world? So, tacky.

• Loni

May 27, 2020 at 3:04 pm

The Girl is so phony not married go somewhere and sit down.We go real problems.Bye.

• Just

May 27, 2020 at 7:26 pm

A piece of paper only makes it legal it’s what in the heart. Like my foster son he’s mine my baby son already & the papers will make it legal. So people stop hating & Yandy getting along with the other 2 BM that goes 3 ways not just one way. Yandy & her husband was the reason they made money. But actually a
        all those shoes do is make black women look desperate.

• Viv M

May 28, 2020 at 1:59 am

A piece of paper is just what it is, a piece of paper!!! They are in love and together and are doing a great job raising those kids. Yandy is good to Mendeecees other kids & treats them like their hers. Stop hating on sis. Let her do her thing. Her & Mendecees are in love & could care less what you’ll or his baby mommas think

• Shawonne

June 5, 2020 at 11:45 am

You said it ALL. 💯

• Anonymous

May 27, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Right! Like they live in the same house and are quarantining like the rest of us lmbo. I’ll never understand why celebs and non celebs do that.

• CiCi

May 28, 2020 at 12:57 pm

For the attention and likes. This goes for famous and not famous people.

• Sulwife99

May 27, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Bcuz its a reality show

5. YOLANDA y Hamiltony

May 27, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Yandy you are beautiful CHILD OF GOD BE BLESSED LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE

6. Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 5:13 pm

I agreed with Tiffeney… ya’ll bitter and probably jealous!!
    Girl bye!!

• Pat

May 27, 2020 at 6:32 pm

What is there to be jealous of?

• Gloria

May 27, 2020 at 7:30 pm

Nothing at all. You know they always have a meltdown and think it’s jealousy if you don’t see things the way they see it. People can feel however way they want about the caption. It’s not that serious to be in your feelings. I don’t even think Yandy cared that much. The person wasn’t disrespectful. They just have a different perspective.

7. Just thinking out loud

May 27, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Why do y’all care,so judgemental… if she’s married or not, feel he made her into a woman or not how does it effect your life? We don’t know their journey, nor her thoughts behind the saying… ladies if your man say you’ve made him into a man would you feel the same way?

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Because that’s what bitter females do… misery wants company!!
      As females all we is judge each other! Specially if we are not in healthy relationship!

• Kimberly

May 27, 2020 at 6:31 pm

My man would never say that nonsense. He made himself a man. Usually when a grown man says that, the woman he’s with went though a lot mess and tolerated a lot mess to be with him.

• Pat

May 27, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Smart woman.

• Gladys

May 27, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Girl you said a mouthful!

• CiCi

May 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm

You hit the nail on the head.

8. Veronica S.

May 27, 2020 at 6:25 pm

I’m going to stay on topic…so yeah…Anyway, I’ve heard women say this. And my whole thing is I was already complete when I met my husband. I was already a grown woman, already fearless, and doing my thing when we got together. And he was already a man when he married me. He was successful and doing his own thing before me. I’ve never bought into the belief that my womanhood and value comes from any man or relationship. But a lot of women do and that’s their right. Won’t ever be me though. I just don’t understand why we live in a society now where people are not allowed to be critical thinkers and have different opinions. Just because that person likes Yandy doesn’t mean they have to agree with everything Yandy says and does. We’re not zombies. If you make full use of your brain, you won’t go a day without having an opinion. This push for the lack of thought and being forced to all think one way or automatically be seen as the enemy or jealous or the hater is true regression. Just my two cents.

• Shannon

May 27, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Well said. This belief that black women become “grown women” by being tied to some man is ridiculous no matter how you spin it. But whatever. We have a very long way to go.

• Miss Morgan

May 27, 2020 at 7:41 pm

This. To each its own though.

• Elizabeth

May 27, 2020 at 7:24 pm

Stan culture is very annoying and embarrassing. There are too many people living vicariously through strangers. And Lord forbid you have a different opinion about their fave. So annoying.

• Sulwife99

May 27, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Yess agreed upon

• Miss Morgan

May 27, 2020 at 7:40 pm

I completely agree but you have to understand we live in a very sexist society. So women are taught at a young age that marriage is super important and their greatest achievement is marriage and ultimately motherhood. There are many women who think their womanhood comes from being with a man. I’m like you. My growth came from self. And my husband had his own journey that had nothing to do with me. And we don’t love each other any less. There are a lot of black women building up black men out here so it’s seen as the norm. I myself wanted a man who was able to build himself up. He’s self motivated and I love that. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Pearl

May 27, 2020 at 7:53 pm

Preach.

• Gigi

May 28, 2020 at 7:13 am

Well said Veronica! My husband didn’t make me a grown woman or fearless either. I became that on my own. I’ll never understand that mentality.

• CiCi

May 28, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Girl thank you. Well said. All of it. I wish you continued success in life and your marriage.

9. Tumba rumba

May 27, 2020 at 6:29 pm

PREACH….simply Maria, some females are better at putting each other down instead of promoting each other. In Michelle Obama’s words “you go high when they go low.

• Shannon

May 27, 2020 at 6:35 pm

Yandy has put down quite a few women herself. And the person she responded to didn’t put Yandy down. They actually praised her and let her know she was a grown, fearless, and dope woman before Mendeecees. So tell me, what’s the issue?

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Sure… you said it! Everyone has the right to their own opinion so having said that I can say whatever I want about the subject…
        I don’t think I need to get into an argument with any of you because of my opinion.
        Isn’t this platform here to give your opinion respectfully??
        Now, you tell me, what’s your issue???

• Shannon

May 27, 2020 at 7:17 pm

I responded to Tumba rumba, I wasn’t talking to you. I didn’t respond to any of your comments. And I’m still waiting on Tumba rumba‘s response.

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 10:45 pm

I’m sorry Shannon! I posted it on your comment by accident!

10. Just thinking out loud

May 27, 2020 at 7:33 pm

I agree with you, understandably this is the platform for opinions however why be so judgemental of her or any other couple for the decisions they make that isn’t harmful to anyone else? Those are her views, if you’re a self made woman or man more power to you. There are people in the world who feels without the help or support of someone else they wouldn’t be who they are today, as Kevin called his mom the true MVP because he felt without her support he would not be who he is today. Yes he has the talent but he credits his mom for a lot of his accomplishments. If my husband credits me for any role in him being the man he is today I’d be grateful although he was technically a man before me, I’d know the meaning behind his words.

• Sulwife99

May 27, 2020 at 9:23 pm

They put themselves in that position to be judge. They airing they own business out to dry. U ppl cracks me up.

• Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 9:58 pm

It’s called REALITY TV ma’am!
        That’s what they do! They aired their business out to entertain us!!
        Now, you have the choice to either watch it or not…

11. Simply Maria

May 27, 2020 at 10:06 pm

You need to crack yourself up too because you’re in it too!!

12. Just thinking out loud

May 27, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Yes ma’am @ Simply Maria, all the hate but they stay watching 😂… Yandy by no means is perfect but none of us are, instead of tearing her down where’s the positivity? If the hate is that serious for someone you don’t personally know then I suggest you stop watching because that isn’t good for your health! I’m done with this post✌🏽 ladies

• Simply Maria

May 28, 2020 at 12:38 pm

I agree with “Thinking at loud”!! it’s most def not good for your health to stay watching something that it’s gonna stressed you out, specially when the people that are causing that stress are getting a check!! move on to the next show then!!!

• Rochelle Smith

May 28, 2020 at 12:50 pm

Amen to everthing you just said! Some people just look for negativity! I feel sorry for people like that! I applaud her & anyone else for pressing on through the good & the bad & expressing love & pride in themselves & their families (spouses included)!

13. I said what I said

May 28, 2020 at 2:46 am

Why can’t this woman praise her husband now that he’s out of jail? Let this woman live her d-mn life. If this man grew her then only she can say he did or didn’t nobody else can say that. If she feels she needs to praise him publicly for that then it’s her business. I’m just glad that he’s growing her instead of trying to destroy her like every other black man set against blacks women.

14. Emily

May 28, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Yandy can say what she wants and the person who shared their opinion about it has the same freedom of speech. If she didn’t want any opinions at all, she would have turned the comments off. Yandy wasn’t offended so I don’t understand the problem. I like Yandy because she doesn’t mind talking to people with different opinions. That’s what grown women do. She responds gracefully. This wasn’t a “hater” situation. The person was a fan and only said good things about her. They just had a different perspective and that’s allowed. Seems like good dialogue was had to me when I read the comments. We need more of that. Everyone doesn’t have to have the same opinions. Anyway, I don’t understand why some people on here are off topic and discussing if Yandy’s marriage is legal or not. Has nothing to do with the topic and I’m sure they will handle all the legal matters since Mendeecees is home now. It’s not a big deal.

15. Olivia

May 29, 2020 at 5:03 am

She feels the need to respond to everything and she takes it personally. She has trolled me, scrolled through weeks of my pics to try and clap back at a respectful comment I made to her. She needs to grow up and find self esteem. You should not be so triggered by people who have no bearing on your life lameo.