RHOA Recap: NeNe Doesn't Return + The Cast Calls Out Yovanna For Changing Her Story

RHOA Recap: NeNe Doesn’t Return + The Cast Calls Out Yovanna For Changing Her Story

RHOA Season 12 Episode 26 Recap

Photo Credit: Bravo TV

By: A.J. Niles

On the conclusion of the “Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion,” NeNe decides to not return to the reunion taping. As she leaves, Yovanna makes an appearance to explain her part of snakegate. Yovanna gets called out by the cast for apparently changing her story multiple times.

Meanwhile, Kenya turns on Cynthia, calling her out for her role stirring the pot with the Cookie Lady. And interestingly enough, Andy says Kenya has a long history of provoking the cast.

Here’s the recap for, “Reunion, Part 3.”

1. Joyce Osei

May 24, 2020 at 10:44 pm

I really wish Eva would shut the h-ll up! You have no business chiming in issues that do not concern you. I am also disappointed in Nene for not returning to the reunion. That was her opportunity to defend herself and answer the accusations from a Yovanna, but she didn’t. By her leaving, she looks just as guilty as Yovanna.

2. Terrible

May 24, 2020 at 11:00 pm

Look, Nene gets on my nerves. I’m probably never going to become a fan. But my common sense…yeah, I can’t turn that off for anyone. Even people I don’t like. Yovanna is lying. And none of her lies make any sense. Nene has been on this show since the beginning. I think she’s been gone only one season. She knew none of these women were here for her. So why would she ask Yovanna to bring her proof and record them for her to see who is talking dirty about her? She knew they were. These women didn’t even like Yovanna like that. The only one who tolerated her was Cynthia. Common sense is Yovanna came to Nene about recording Cynthia first. She was so desperate to get on the show that she just knew this was the way to do it. Nene was like umm, okay. Let me hear it. And when Yovanna found out recording people without their consent in GA is illegal, she then lied for the 50th time and said Nene made her do it. Then on top of it, Yovanna has provided no receipts of any of this. Now me, someone with a lot of common sense, is supposed to think Yovanna’s proof was Nene not being there? Nah. I gotta use my common sense. Nene actually came with receipts of Yovanna texting her about recording Cynthia and she has texts of Yovanna saying her husband told her not to come on the show and say she had the recording because it’s illegal and Cynthia could press charges because Yovanna is not a paid personality on the show. Yovanna still has produced no receipts or text messages that prove her version of the story. Nene has provided several. Yovanna also seems to not understand why she received a cease and desist. Recording someone without their permission is illegal in GA. Nene’s lawyer sending that Cease and Desist is the first step to go after Yovanna legally for accusing Nene of telling her to break the law, therefore making Nene part of a crime. I’m confused as to why Eva’s lawyer husband doesn’t get that. But then again, he’s always working pro-bono…soooo…

I have to say, I’ve never really bought into the HBIC mess Nene talks about. But the fact that they made this reunion all about her when there were bigger things to happen this season…very embarrassing for Bravo. Truth be told, everyone was tuning in to see what Marc had to say after he showed his butt all season long. He’s the one who should have been there. This reunion was awful and one of the worst RHOA has ever had. Eva needs to be fired. Cynthia needs to be fired. And they really need to do whatever it takes to make this show interesting again. Maybe Phaedra really does need to come back. Making this whole thing about Nene even when she’s not there is a fail. There were 6 women with peaches this season. They should all bring something to the show and not use Nene as a scapegoat. It makes the show boring. And this is why RHOP is the superior show right now.

• Eve

May 24, 2020 at 11:26 pm

Terrible you were spot on!. This show has really fallen off. It’s hard to enjoy. The fact that teens are watching this show and seeing these women behave this way is disturbing. Most of the cast are middle-aged/ pre-senior citizens and should behave as such. This show used to be fun, interesting/enjoyable. Now they represent ratchet women, dressed in designer clothes and showing their ignorance. Stereotypical Angry Black Women.

May 24, 2020 at 11:14 pm

Yovanna lied. And Eva and Kenya helped set that sh-t up. Eva doesn’t even realize that this probably won’t save her peach.

4. Hannah 504

May 25, 2020 at 12:14 am

Nene always wants everything to be about her until she’s in the hot seat then it’s cry foul.
    I was never a fan of Eva joining but Nene brought her to be an ally which didn’t work out like she hoped.
    Please no more Tanya or Shamea. Tanya is a wannabe in the clique chic. At least Shamari wasn’t so thirsty just horny haaa.
    And Porsha🙄that thing just needs to stop. Upset with her own self bc she’s with an unattractive man who had the audacity to cheat in her.
    Cast shake-up please! Like there’s gotta be more quality Atlanta women who could join or maybe this show has just run it’s course🤷

5. Marilyn

May 25, 2020 at 12:42 am

Sheree has her faults but she tried to tell people about Nene a long time ago. I wouldn’t want her at my party either…just ignorant, unnecessary behavior😏. Don’t know how to just have fun. No, everything gotta be a conspiracy smh sheesh!

6. Shayla

May 25, 2020 at 6:16 am

Eva’s husband ought to be ashamed about getting in women’s business this much. He makes Peter Thomas look great. How embarrassing for an attorney.

7. Tiffani Young

May 25, 2020 at 9:42 am

Ne Ne should be ashamed of herself. She leaves and leaves Yvonne to come & lie for her. What can Yvonne prove If she can’t keep her story straight? Yvonne you make yourself look stupid unless you were to show the world ‘receipts’.

• Simply Maria

May 26, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Who in the world is Yvonne sis???😱

8. Todd

May 25, 2020 at 2:10 pm

They need to break up these alliances. It’s hurting the show badly. It’s not fun to watch one person be ganged up on no matter who it is. And it’s not fun to watch these women be afraid to call each other out when they are wrong.

9. Kathleen

June 8, 2020 at 9:24 am

I am reading all the comments about NeNe However, every women on this show should take accountability of there behaviors and actions on being on this show. I stop watching the show in season two to watch a group of black Women’s Repeatedly bashing each other like little kids. I have never seen so much poor behaviors. I informed my ladies friends how could beautiful black women’s come on each seasons and destroy, put down each other for just money. Each of these Ladies could have Developed there on Empire without Bravo. The RHOA only made all these Ladies look very unprofessional back biting, no trust, poor listing and communication skills arguments repeatly. The only one came out successful were Kim she left and Established her own show. Yesssss the ladies used NeNe as an Escapegoat the producer needed a strong lead and it were NeNe. I saw NeNe putting out the fires and stand still as she were continually attacked which the producer allowed. NeNe should have never returned because there was not one women appeared or a woman returned handle the position NeNe. I don’t blame NeNe for not returning. If you look at each Seasons from one to last one everyone will understand my comment. Bravo only saw each person on all there shows are very not Inspiring to watch there shows where only about make money for the company regardless of how the show putting down another person Character. NeNe need to continuef on her life and never settled for nothing that is not defining your character in a Positive this is my opinion and I am standing by It.