Quantcast
'Basketball Wives' Star Evelyn Lozada Confuses Fans of the Show with Recent Tweet

‘Basketball Wives’ Star Evelyn Lozada Confuses Fans of the Show with Recent Tweet

Photo Credit: VH1

Evelyn may be ready to walk away.

Evelyn Lozada had a lot of drama on the latest season of “Basketball Wives.” And this time her greatest foe wasn’t Tami Roman. In fact, Tami decided the most recent season would be her last. When she opened up about this, she said that it was hurtful to realize that she wasn’t as close to Shaunie O’Neal as she thought she was.

And while she’s focused on her acting career, she would only return if certain people are no longer on the show. Many fans of “Basketball Wives” assumed Tami may have been talking about Evelyn. This is true especially since Tami said that the show got really negative after Evelyn came back.

Interestingly enough, Evelyn seems to be just about over the show, too. Months ago, she told fans that she didn’t think she would return for the upcoming season.

One can imagine her eventful season which included clashing with OG and Cece Gutierrez played a huge role in her being a bit unsure of her future on the show. And her feud with OG got so bad that it ended up in court after OG accused Evelyn of being racist.

Evelyn’s tweet confuses fans.

Shaunie O’Neal was in the hot seat too after she was accused of treating OG unfairly as an Executive Producer. Shaunie’s excuse was she felt OG was very violent. But for many viewers, Shaunie’s excuse was proof of colorism. They pointed to Evelyn’s history of violence and aggression on the show.

While the ladies had to take a timeout from filming due to the pandemic, fans of the show are still very passionate about last season. After Jackie Christie told fans to stay tuned for season 9, one Twitter user had an interesting response. They tweeted that they don’t have the energy for the drama. So they aren’t looking forward to the next season. They then called the show messy and they also said they had enough of racism. The Twitter user concluded the tweet by seemingly saying Shaunie and Evelyn need to go.

Well, people were a little bit confused by Evelyn’s response.

She wrote, “I’m with you.”

1. Whatever

July 8, 2020 at 4:54 pm

Evelyn keeps trying to act like she’s leaving the show but her a-s ain’t going nowhere.

• Tracy

July 8, 2020 at 7:58 pm

Exactly.

• Sally

July 9, 2020 at 3:59 am

I agree! She’s been coasting on her privilege, stupid h-es (Shaunie) kept condoning the bullsh-t to keep the checks coming, but nobody is feeling these dried up thirst buckets!

• Renee

July 9, 2020 at 10:14 am

Shaunie as the producer of this show has made women of color look bad. Why not have a show about positive things show young women how to be entrepreneurs instead of being violent,ignorant and acting like teenage kids. I only watched the show for the fashion and hairstyles. You notice Shaunie is a instigator in the fights that happen on the show and I know she is scared of Tami Roman. Use your platform to be positive we have enough negative stuff already going on.

• Bridget Odums

July 10, 2020 at 5:09 am

Exactly

• Lynetta B Cain

July 10, 2020 at 11:08 am

Evelyn. Does keep up a lot of mess. She started in on CeeCee because cee cee a pretty. She dont like anyone that look better than her. That why she f-ck with Cee cee. Kristin’s is 2 faces she first came on the show with cee Cee and started f-cking with Cee cee because she didn’t have a story line
          And those fake tears she cry is a joke
          Plus Cee Cee have a professional joke before coming to the show
          What job did Evelyn have
          The job of trying to find a man with money so she can stay in the lime light and next get pregnant so she can get money instead of getting a job. Cee very got class and her fiance is aware of that
          She want f-ck with the strong one like IG and malisa, Jackie or Tami
          She f-ck with the weak ones. Take Shauna Evelyn and Kristian off the show.

• Carla

July 14, 2020 at 9:27 am

You are so right, I can’t stand Evelyn or Shauna both of them need to go…..

• Ladywx

July 10, 2020 at 3:26 pm

TELL’MMM

• Susan B. Smith

July 17, 2020 at 1:10 pm

I am disappointed in Shaunie for siding with Evelyn who happens to be the Queen of drama and stirring the pot. The way they talk about my girls Tami,OG and Jackie is just wrong. And I can’t remember the light skinned female who called Tami Grandma. But that’s who Shaunie sided with. The divide in the show has bought out the worst in ALL of them!

• Minnie l James

July 11, 2020 at 12:40 pm

I really wish that people say what they mean and mean what they say i stop watching the show when Royce left because i could see that they were full of them self and the story line wasnt going anywhere and me thinking to myself as a Black woman i wouldn’t want my daughter watching this behavior and thinking it was cute are nice in anyway shape are form so i stopped my support of the show i have no respect for any of the womens left on the show i prey Tami ,OJ, CC ,Royce never look back to show for anything because shows like these have made us as .Black women look so bad .The only way i would watch a ep4is they go to .Kenya and dig jigger to redeem themselves i dont care how much money you have they all need to read there bible and get some morals and class.

• Netta

July 10, 2020 at 6:30 am

She know she NEED that check!! What else is she gonna do? NON MF FACTOR A-S!

2. Lay Lay

July 8, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Was she being sarcastic?

• Just me

July 10, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Yea! Let’s do a show with all the dark skinned women!!
      Let’s leave all the lights skinned ones out!!
      Why not, let’s be racist against each other!

3. Tiffani Young

July 8, 2020 at 5:20 pm

I say bring the old team back Some of these old hags got to go. Better yet get a new show & line up

• DENISE FLEMING

July 9, 2020 at 12:07 am

I AGREE!!! BASKETBALL WIVES NEED FRESH NEW FACES WITH A STORY THAT HAS SUBSTANCE!!! REAL BASKETBALL WIVES!!! NOT DATED ONE OR SCREWED ONE !!!!

4. Eva

July 8, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Keep the old ones, and add to the show, don’t hate on the cast just be proud of all the women, they are all different, and each have different views on each other. Cause at the end of the day they are all strong WOMEN!

• Miss

July 9, 2020 at 1:57 am

Yes I Love your response

• Vickie

July 9, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Eva I totally agree with you!!! Shaunie, Evelyn that’s their show..I just wish OG would STOP putting Evelyn & Chad names out of her mouth and get her own story

• Jo Bryant

July 10, 2020 at 12:48 am

I agree Vickie! Everyone wants to blame Evelyn but OG came on the show JUST to get at Ev. OG is NOT INNOCENT!

• Yo Yo

July 10, 2020 at 5:08 pm

FINALLY!!! someone’s making sense!
          OG is something else, and she knows what to say and to do to get people to like her!!
          Supposedly, she’s very confident but, she’s always trying to get attention, always trying to be the VICTIM!!
          GIRL BYE!

• Betty Mays

July 9, 2020 at 6:54 pm

Evelyn is Trouble maker she needs to go

• Juberky

July 9, 2020 at 7:07 pm

EVELYN NEEDS TO GO HER TIME IS UP GET SOME NEW FACES, LET EVELYN FINISH HER WORKOUT 🤦🏽‍♀️

5. Roneca Beckham

July 8, 2020 at 9:20 pm

Team Tami

• Michelle Williams

July 8, 2020 at 11:48 pm

Tammy is ghost on that whack show ,team Tami also

• Sally

July 9, 2020 at 4:01 am

Team Tami also, they’re f-cked without her

• Michelle

July 9, 2020 at 6:31 am

6. Devon

July 8, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Who cares if she come back to me im not a fan of hers and to me the show was better without her we need Tammy and Jackie on the show period

7. Francena L Green

July 9, 2020 at 12:14 am

After last season, I will not give Basket Ball Wives 48 minutes of my time. These beautiful women act like they were in high school or something. All the bulling going on with these women in there 30’s to 50 should know better. I’m to embarrass to watch this show every again.

8. Anon

July 9, 2020 at 12:37 am

Evilyn is bad for the show. In times like this we dont need to see any types of racist behavior. Or maybe does need to be seemed for just what see is so all can see, however I’m just not interested in investing time watching her(Evilyn) I know it’s a show but the disrespect is definitely there. She says she had accepted Christ, that means a change of heart with compassion and love. If she come back will you show that side. OG is correct in saying Evilyn for years had been violent and you have not reacted the same way towards her, nor have you reacted towards her racist statements. Friend or no friend this is business and to act or let the public think it is ok because you are friends and you tell her privately isnt ok. People need to know you disapprove publicly because the statements and acts are did publicly.So if she returns you need to make it clear in public not patronizing but real from the heart (if you mean it) that racism will not be tolerated

• Teresa Ann Toliver Johnson

July 9, 2020 at 6:31 pm

Who cares

• KIMBERLEY Lee

July 10, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Well said this is some childish mess evinlin knows that OG Jackie and Tammie will whoop that tail

9. Fred

July 9, 2020 at 1:02 am

She was so BLACK during the show as she told OG but I haven’t heard or seen her n the BLACK LIVES MATTERS MOVEMENT.

10. Gee

July 9, 2020 at 1:07 am

Evelyn is and always will remain a bully. Only person she hasn’t tried to fight is Malaysia and Shaunie. One minute Evelyn is a victim next scene she is a bully. It’s time for her to retire I’m tired of her funky attitude.

11. Lateica Y Anderson

July 9, 2020 at 5:51 am

Poor little Leo got a h- for a mama who don’t like black people unless they’re rich. His daddy figured it out and dipped. Run Carl!!

12. Calvin Fox

July 9, 2020 at 10:35 am

Get Everylyn off the show are you afraid Shanie and write a new script for the upcoming show Calvin

13. A

July 9, 2020 at 1:06 pm

So,why isn’t she getting called out for being a racist? I believe she called CeCe “ling ling”!? Tell me that was not a racist jab…

• KIMBERLEY Lee

July 10, 2020 at 12:58 pm

It was

14. Burnetha Elliott

July 10, 2020 at 10:34 am

I’ve been so tired of the drama on the Basketball Wives show. I won’t believe it until I actually said that Evelyn doesn’t come back to the show. After Tami Roman left I stopped watching. I am Team Tami

• Yo Yo

July 10, 2020 at 5:12 pm

Good for you!

15. Yvette Smith

July 10, 2020 at 7:41 pm

Of course Evelyn is a bullie, she’s been doing that since she first started the show.Shanie need to hold Evelyn accountable for her violent behavior thru out the show.she pretty much contradicting what she believes in.if Evelyn is a true friend like Shanie says then she should be able to tell Evelyn when she is wrong rather Evelyn gets made or not cause that’s what real true friends do see.i love Tami don’t thti would watch without her.Evelyn and OG need to go!!! OG was also a bullie and playing a victim.Og pretending to be CeeCee friend thing Byron got pull to get her boyfriend in the NBA girl sit down you not no real friend to CeeCee Vette

16. Lisa k

July 12, 2020 at 3:29 am

I wish they will take the whole show off these ladies are to old for that every season its the same drama with whats going on in the world today let our kids see positive action I hate that show everyone needs to stop watching it so it can be canceled please

17. Bertha Tucker

July 13, 2020 at 11:47 pm

I thought the name of the show was basketball wives,it should be basketball players h-es.

18. Ilen

July 14, 2020 at 12:59 am

Evelyn and her daughter get attention from the same men ,because Evelys a h-e and they figure her daughter is too.

19. Liz

July 18, 2020 at 12:14 am

I’d like to say that when Basketball Wives first started, I didn’t like Tami, I did like Evelyn until she said that to Tami about sleeping with Tami’s husband. That was too much,and it could not have been me. Now I think Tami has said, on the show, that she’s Bi-polar, and so am I. So I feel you Tami. I used to like Shauni, I thought she really had her stuff together, but I tripped out when I saw how she treated Tami, I was shocked! I believe Tami and Shaunie were friends before Evelyn came into the picture. Not to say Shaunie can’t have other friends, but I thought she was a true friend to Tami, but obviously I was wrong. I’m definitely team Tami now, and I just want to say, Tami don’t go back to that show, you’re doing big things, and I’m proud of you and congratulations on your marriage to Reggie!!! He might be slightly younger, but you two just fit. I was Praying y’all would get married. I’m happy for you with all you’ve got going on. Keep your head up girl! And one more thing I wanted to say is, and please don’t ever think that I would condone domestic violence ever, but does anyone else remember when Shaunie and Evelyn were doing an interview and was asked if they were Somewhere broken down, who they thought would come to their rescue, and Shaunie said her ex husband, and Evelyn said Chad, like no two ways about it, and that was after the incident when they were married, and she was grinning from ear to ear. Who does that after this person has done this to you? And one other thing, I’m not saying she did, but I would not be shocked if it were true that Evelyn did sleep with Shaunie’s ex, because she does get with, or so the show makes it seem like a lot of men. Just saying. Team Tami all the way!!!