Entertainment

Wendy Osefo Tells Karen Huger to ‘Shut the F*ck Up’ After They Argue Over College Degrees

Photo Credit: Bravo

Karen and Wendy have been struggling to form a friendship.

Real Housewives of Potomac” fans have a lot to say about the latest episode. Candiace Dillard and Monique Samuels’ fallout isn’t the only source of contention on the cast. It seems as if Wendy Osefo and Karen Huger can’t get it right. In fact, Gizelle Bryant went back to Karen and told her what Wendy said. While Karen was drunk at Monique’s lake house, she told Wendy that she gave Ray Huger half the money to pay off his tax debt. And she laughed about wanting her money back.

Since Gizelle wasn’t there to hear this, Wendy decided to inform her about Karen’s statements. And when Gizelle told Karen, Karen felt as if Wendy was being messy. She then proceeded to tell Gizelle and Robyn Dixon about her heated conversation with Wendy and Candiace. Both were trying to pressure her into cooling off on Monique. But Karen wasn’t having it. And she told Wendy that she sounded ignorant.

Karen shut down Wendy.

While rehashing this to Robyn and Gizelle, Karen went on to question what Wendy was the doctor of. She truly believes Wendy lacks common sense when it comes to Candiace and Monique’s situation. And Karen refuses to let Wendy tell her how to feel and think.

In response to this, Wendy attempted to check Karen in front of the group. But it didn’t work out that way. In fact, Karen was the only one who did any checking during that scene.

Interestingly enough, Wendy had more to say about Karen during the After Show. She didn’t hold back either.

1. Ms. Paula

November 2, 2020 at 12:41 pm

Wendy all you speak of in this show are your degress we get it we got it.
    Let’s move in..

• rc

November 3, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Girl, you hit the nail on the head. She acts like she’s the only one with degrees and that’s how she introduces herself. I have 3 degrees, yes a PhD, now what. See you don’t have to announce it every time because your intelligence will show when you open your mouth. And what’s been coming out of her mouth does not impress at me at all. I don’t stand on my degrees as a soapbox because I know who I am and I don’t need to announce every time I’m around people. And most importantly, I don’t need any one’s validation. She needs to get it together. Karen told her right, she’s ignorant. Not impressed with her at ALL.

• Vivie

November 5, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Right. I have 3 as well and speak 3.5 languages. She act like she’s the only one with accolades. So annoying if that’s all she brings to the table. When we meet people, we should seek common ground that helps forge meaningful relationships not reasons to make us feel we are better than them. I like how Karen basically told her she lacks common sense. So true.

2. Shay

November 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Wendy Boo…you gonna learn soon that Karen ain’t the one….and can you give the degrees convo a rest?! Many of us have our Doctorate…Hello..count me in. But dang EVERY time you open your mouth that’s all we hear, When you leave this planet what people will remember is how we made them feel…not how many pieces of paper we achieved. I have lost a sister and my father…in the same month but 10 years apart.However, each time a tear rolls down my face when I grieve the losses.. I never once think of either of their degrees…just how proud of they both were and how my daddy made me laugh at his corny jokes. People over paper dear, humble yourself.

November 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm

“I operate from a very authentic sense. Who I am, what I say I am is who I am. Clearly, Karen has a struggle, internal struggle, because she doesn’t know who she is or what she is.”

Hmm, I think Wendy described herself more here than Karen. Wendy is the one who doesn’t seem to know who she is or what she is so she clings on to her degrees. What she wanted is validation from Karen and this isn’t unfamiliar territory for her since she also used her education to get validation from her mother.

• Lisa

November 3, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Well said. This is the US not Nigeria, isn’t all about the degrees you have.

4. And What?

November 2, 2020 at 1:33 pm

This season has been insufferable. The elitism, classism, and mean girl antics are too much this season. I had high hopes for Wendy but I’m good on her.

• Marilyn

November 3, 2020 at 8:10 am

Agreed, totally. One, these women are super jealous hypocrites (sans Karen and Ashley). Two, I wanted to like Wendy also but it’s not happening. Wendy is so pathetically insecure on numerous levels…the 2 shades too light make-up, humongous weave, unnecessary extra “n” on Kamrynn, thirst for the mean-girl clique, thinking an educated black woman is so rare, etc.

• BL

November 3, 2020 at 8:56 pm

and…your 4 degrees should have given you enough insight to stay the heck away from being a part of reality tv. Don’t these folk realize by now, no matter how well intended your motive is you will always come out looking like angry messy women. Name me one show other than Sinbad’s last family show that didn’t eventually have us looking foolish. *sidenote his show was cancelled too wholesome not enough manufactured retarded drama.

5. Chelly

November 2, 2020 at 1:58 pm

Wendy is a lot like Candiace, she has mommy issues and it shows up in her relationships with other women. Confident people will not constantly tell you their achievements. The more Wendy speaks, the more her insecurities are on full display. Her only issue with Karen is the fact that Karen isn’t impressed.

• Me

November 2, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Agree 100% w/you Chelly. About the both of them. And for Wendy to have so many degrees, and claim she’s so much more elevated in class, it’s very hard for her to find words other than cuss words when them feelings get hit by other women. She goes low quickly.

• Karen Villareal

November 4, 2020 at 11:38 am

Sho does!! She goes way low immediately upon getting a nerve twinged. Heehee. Its getting to be funny to watch her act Exactly like Candaice. They act Alot alike..and yo Wendy..being compared to Candaice ain’t helping your boasts and brags how smart you are. Some Humility and Grace is what you need.

• Fashionrb

November 2, 2020 at 7:02 pm

Girl, you ain’t never lied.
      It will be ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST, LIKE EVEYONE ELSE.
      Paper will still be on the walls. Lol.

• Lisa

November 3, 2020 at 1:51 pm

Preach!! It’s upsetting to her that Karen is unimpressed…lol.

6. Guest

November 2, 2020 at 3:04 pm

I feel like Giselle tries to pretend that she cares about Karen so, she can just be messy and get information from her and gossip. Out of everyone, she is the common denominator when it comes to “she said” gossip being passed around. And, in most cases she puts her own spin to it to create drama. She loves drama.. why did she need to tell Wendy anything? Why did she need to tell Karen anything? I don’t feel like that conversation was relevant or necessary. All it did was create more of a divide in the group.

7. Blackrose

November 2, 2020 at 4:33 pm

So educated but couldn’t find better words to express herself

8. Brown

November 2, 2020 at 4:52 pm

Lovely language from an individual with 4 degrees.

9. Trina

November 2, 2020 at 11:26 pm

She still sounds ignorant. She included herself in a conversation that had nothing to do with her and attempted to tell Karen what she should do. After being checked she again made it about her degrees sounding ignorant again. Wendy is as the saying goes ” an educated fool”. She and Candice may both have degrees but conduct themselves in an ignorant manner.

• Lisa

November 3, 2020 at 1:53 pm

True dat!!

10. Desiree

November 4, 2020 at 10:20 am

No disrespect, but Wendy has four degrees but she’s still on the same reality show as Karen. Also, while being college educated is great, for most people college education leads to a lot of debt. If Wendy didn’t get full scholarships for every degree she has, she’s most likely in a lot of debt, so I don’t understand why she keeps bragging about her degrees. Truth be told, you don’t need four degrees to be successful. Some of the wealthiest people don’t even have a degree. Heck, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are notoriously known for dropping out of college.

• Yeswomen

November 4, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Exactly!! Both Wendy and Karen are on the exact same platform. Both women on a reality TV show. The Irony

11. Lola

November 10, 2020 at 4:36 pm

People who have a doctorate degree make their money writing books, doing research that adds new data to their field, consulting on the research of others and teaching a college class or two. I find it very odd that rather than do that, Wendy chooses to do reality tv. Why would a prestigious university like Johns Hopkins tolerate Wendy being on reality tv, using profane words, b____ and f___? Wendy thinks she’s better than the other women because of her degrees, but she is doing this show because she needs the income and wants the fame. Even her husband’s law partners would not want to see the two of them on this type of tv. It reflects poorly on the firm. Something doesn’t smell right.