Entertainment

Candiace Dillard Denies Body Shaming Ashley Darby & Breaks Down ‘Wide Bodied’ Insult

Photo Credit: Bravo

According to Candiace Dillard, there was no body-shaming.

Candiace Dillard received some backlash from “Real Housewives of Potomac” fans because she called Ashley Darby wide-bodied. The insult was made after Ashley told Wendy Osefo about Gizelle Bryant’s comments about the rumors about Eddie Osefo. All of this went down during the trip Candiace planned to Williamsburg, Virginia.

During the After Show, Candiace once again denied body-shaming Ashley. “She’s a spinner. And you want to make everything about what it’s not. She tried to make what I said ‘mom-shaming.’ And it was not.” She continued, “I like to diversify my insults. I wanted to change it up. But it had nothing to do with her “being wider” because she just had a baby.”

She wanted to make it clear that she meant what she said. “I meant what I said. I said you brought your wide-bodied a*s in here to start mess and drama.”

Regardless, Candiace did give Ashley compliments. “I honestly said and I still believe that she looked good to have just delivered a baby. And I say that as someone who can’t stand her a*s. I think she looked good and she looks great now. What I said had nothing to do with her mom body.”

She continued, “If and I when I get pregnant and I deliver a baby and my body changes, it will be what it will be. But I know it’s going to become and turn into this mom-shaming game. And that’s fine because that’s what she will do. It had nothing to do with her mom body. It had to do with her being wide because she’s full of bullsh*t and she needs to get a colonic and release the bullsh*t from her colon.”

The rest of the cast believes that Candiace did body shame Ashley. Karen Huger said that she knows Candiace is a good person but she has to learn how to say less sometimes. “Candiace just needs to be quiet sometimes.”

1. Debra

September 14, 2021 at 5:01 pm

It was body shaming. I don’t understand why Candiace just can’t own it.

• Margo

September 17, 2021 at 5:49 pm

It was definitely body shaming! Candice is so jealous of Ashley and Ashley’s life. Candice is the most obnoxious unattractive housewife and should be replaced! Listen up Andy Cohen!!! She’s disgusting!

2. Xtra

September 14, 2021 at 6:25 pm

Candiace is always making cruel remarks about Ashley’s appearance, it sounds like there is a bit of jealousy going on there, Ashley has a creepy husband with plenty of money, and Candiace has a husband with no money, if you noticed Candiace husband is always making sure she is bringing in money and always working so they can keep up the lifestyle, that is his job, the husbandger.

3. B

September 14, 2021 at 6:31 pm

Candiace’s clap backs are so childish. No one should take them seriously. Just laugh and pity her.

4. TeTe

September 14, 2021 at 7:50 pm

I can’t stand this raggedy a-s bih. 😒 The person who finally checked her silly a-s left the show. Candiace has a lot of mouth but you can tell she’s punk. All mouth bark, but no bite. With her cast members, husband but not her mama cuz she know better. 😂😂😂

5. Trina

September 14, 2021 at 9:49 pm

Candice does not know when to stop and her excuse is the perfect example. Candice didn’t like Ashley before the Monique situation,so if there is any chance for attack she will take it.