Despite recent reports, Russell Simmons takes to his blog to set the record straight on Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou.
By: A.J. Niles
Russell Simmons decided to write a blog addressing recent allegations concerning the rumored separation of Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou. According to an anonymous tip given to the NY Daily News, the Hip Hop mogul revoked financial support of his ex-wife Kimora Lee-Simmons, causing financial strain to her relationship with Hounsou. Through his website, GlobalGrind.com; Russell addressed all the allegations and made a suggestion that the couple is fine.
In the post, Russell throws his full support behind his ex-wife and her husband Djimon Hounsou.
Russell Simmons writes:
Anyhow, let me set the record straight.
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
The source tells the NY Daily News:
“Djimon walked out on Kimora,” says the source, who adds that the split may have been prompted by Simmons’ ex-husband, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons ’ decision to stop funding the pair’s lifestyle.”
Kimora and Djimon passionately denied the rumors of her money issues via Twitter but did not address the martial questions, which only added fuel to the fire.