By: Amanda Anderson-Niles
We told you months ago that it was being rumored TV One was planning on shaking up the cast something serious for the upcoming season of “R&B Divas Atlanta,” but now sources are claiming that the network actually axed the show completely.
Always A List writes:
But last week, TV One’s new President, Brad Siegel made his TV Press Tour debut at the Television Critics Association in Los Angeles as head of the network and did not present “R&B Divas Atlanta” as one of the returning series.
Monifah, Nicci Gilbert, Faith Evans, Syleena Johnson & the fifth cast member
On Tuesday afternoon, several members of the cast were notified that the show that once delivered record-breaking numbers for TV One was officially cancelled.
Sources close to the production told AlwaysAList.com that there were a variety of issues that had the future of “R&B Divas Atlanta” in turmoil. From casting challenges to the network wanting the show to significantly lower its production budget, apparently TV One and the series’ executive producers could not come to terms.
While the network hasn’t confirmed the show’s cancellation, former “R&B Divas Atlanta” star and executive producer Nicci Gilbert has been telling fans on Twitter that her pending lawsuit against the network over Todd Tucker’s “Hollywood Divas” isn’t responsible for its demise.
Wait, Todd stole her idea for Hollywood Divas, right? *rolls eyes*
It was boring. So I can’t pretend I’m going to miss it.
This is karma for KeKe and that other has been Syleena talking about Blue’s hair like they didn’t have any couth.
The LA one ended up being more entertaining.
Just like LHHATL.
This was a dumb decision. It’s not like TVOne has that many original shows as it is.
I really didn’t see this coming. The show was successful.
Oh Keke, and you with all those young ‘uns to feed….