Michael B. Jordan Talks Past Controversial Comments About Black Women

Michael B. Jordan Talks Past Controversial Comments About Black Women

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Actor Michael B. Jordan’s career has been taking off since his starring role in “Fruitvale Station,” but he’s seeing firsthand that what he says in interviews can have an impact on what’s to come.

In particular, Jordan has managed to anger some black women with his recent interviews, especially his latest sit down with GQ Magazine.

In the interview, he expressed he was upset that some black women took to social media to slam him for being photographed exiting a club with Kendall Jenner, and he feels he should be able to date whoever he wants without receiving any backlash and that black women should relax and understand people can date outside their race.

After getting slammed for his comments on social media, the actor feels the need to once again clear up some things.

He stopped by the Breakfast Club this morning and addressed all the drama.

On his dating preferences, he says:

“I mean I like women. You know, period. Black, white, green brown…orange.”

On being spotted with Kendall Jenner:

“I got caught in the frame in the same picture. It’s so weird when you’re walking out of the club or walking somewhere you get caught in a picture, then all of a sudden y’all dating. Why is that?”

“I didn’t even know who she was that night. I don’t watch a lot of TV.”

He also addressed the rumor suggesting he’s not into black women. Click next for the details.

1. Treasure8430

November 19, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Ummmm he must’ve realized how powerful Black women was to his pockets……..i’m still not feeling him he is on that same throw away life boat as Taye “sell-Out” Diggs and naw I won’t be watching that new movie he has coming out what was it again “Greed” “Gone” “Ghost”????? W/E #ByeMichael

2. Peachy

November 19, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Nothing but damage control.

• 404

November 19, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Exactly.

• Anon Chick

November 19, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Like clockwork.

3. Lauren

November 19, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I think the damage may have been done. It’s so disappointing too.

4. Nicole

November 19, 2015 at 2:59 pm

He has a new movie to promote so now he needs black women to like him again.

November 19, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I don’t know what the big deal is. All he said is he can date whoever he wants, and he can. He doesn’t discriminate…why did that make people mad? I think he’s like most successful young men…he will basically screw anything. He’s not ready to settle down.

• Treasure8430

November 19, 2015 at 3:24 pm

He could screw whomever he wants but when you start putting down Black people…Black Women saying “you don’t like this or that” then you can kick rocks while playing in traffic….I don’t see how a Black woman wouldn’t feel offended after spending money in the movies on his films

6. Jen jen

November 19, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Anybody can date who ever they want.. But you will definitely be called out if you down your own race to appease the other.. I don’t fall for that crap that black women are angry, black women don’t respect men.. Black men that date other race for this reason should realize that angry women Come in different race. It just happens that a lot of black women don’t take the BS that’s put in front of them by some men.

7. Lizzie

November 19, 2015 at 3:29 pm

But he said in GQ that Kendall was a friend and he knows her…so now he didn’t know her that night?

• Treasure8430

November 19, 2015 at 3:43 pm

HA I remember he said she was a “friend” this lying a$$ punk..he better go beg White America to go support his film….guest star on some NBC, CBS, ABC and Nickelodeon network so they can familiarize themselves with him…cause he messed up big time in my eyes

• Twirl

November 19, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I guess he forgot about that. *giggles*

8. Drea

November 19, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I’m on the fence. I want to see “Creed” so badly… But I am not a fan of things he’s said. The dude at my sons barber shop might get my $10 for this…

9. Angie

November 19, 2015 at 3:32 pm

From the interview he seems very intelligent and down to earth. I feel like he simply doesn’t want to conform to one thing and that’s ok. There are worse men in the industry and he seems like a genuinely good guy who may not have realized how he came across to others.

10. Ms. Jackson

November 19, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Sh-t I just don’t trust his a-s. He has said too much side eye worthy sh-t. But since he’s open to dating all races, maybe they can go support his movie, right?

11. Chelly

November 19, 2015 at 3:57 pm

I don’t really care anymore. If he really does love black women, we will be able to tell with time.

November 19, 2015 at 4:36 pm

lmao i see he’s trying to woo back his black fans

13. Get Busy

November 19, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Eh, he’s very transparent. So is the timing of this interview.

14. Old School

November 19, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I really don’t know what to make of this. He did sound sincere but he’s said so many questionable things that it’s hard to be open to still wanting to support him. I get that being famous is really hard now because of the blogs and social media, but he needs some serious media training.

November 19, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Sigh…

16. JustHereForTheComments

November 19, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Perfect timing

17. Deja

November 19, 2015 at 7:47 pm

The ship has sailed.

18. Bee

November 19, 2015 at 10:04 pm

The thought that he’s only doing this to get coins from black women again makes me dislike him even more.