Love Is ___ Salim Akil Sued For Abuse & Stealing Show Ideas

Serious Accusations Are Made About ‘Love Is ___’ Co-Creator Salim Akil

Love Is ___ salim akil

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

OWN’s hit show “Love Is___” is a glimpse into the long-standing yet eventful relationship between television producers and directors Mara Brock-Akil and her husband Salim Akil.

The first season was a window into the beginning of their relationship in the 90’s as Mara came up in Hollywood as a writer. The show is supposed to be based on different stages of their relationship.

Well, a new lawsuit filed against Salim Akil in Los Angeles refutes this claim. And it squarely puts Salim in the middle of the #MeToo movement.

November 29, 2018 at 3:53 pm

It was something about this dude that seemed shady to me. So this is believable.

2. Deja

November 29, 2018 at 4:01 pm

I’m not surprised because the character who he’s based on is verbally abusive. I really don’t care for the show because they are putting a toxic relationship on a pedestal. I do love Black Lightning though.

November 29, 2018 at 4:06 pm

So I did my Googles and this woman was married when she began this affair with Salim. I don’t want to be that girl, but it just seems like this was a casting couch situation that didn’t turn out the way she wanted. Salim never left Mara and ole girl never got put on. So now she’s suing and she’s yelling abuse when their s*xual relationship was always the violent bondage/dominating type.

4. Just Saying

November 29, 2018 at 4:17 pm

I try to give women the benefit of the doubt because the business is full of pigs, but BDSM relationships do exist. And both of these people were married when they were doing this. This reads like this Amber person is being vindictive that things did not go her way.

5. Tasha

November 29, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Okay after reading it, I agree this sounds like a BDSM affair. Had Salim put her on like he promised, she wouldn’t be suing. Anyway, I do feel bad for Mara. She worships this man so much that she refuses to see the red flags.

6. Erica

November 29, 2018 at 4:53 pm

Throw the whole show away.

7. Shayla

November 29, 2018 at 10:24 pm

This is why women can never date down. When we do, it always comes back to bite us in the butt.

8. Rachel

November 30, 2018 at 11:35 am

None of this surprises me. I always got a weird vibe from this man.