Cardi B Interview Update: Cardi Talks Negative Comments & Nicki Beef

Cardi B Says Beef with Nicki is Bad for Business + Negative Comments Drive Her Insane

cardi b interview

Photo Credit: YouTube/CBS Sunday Morning

Many can agree that social media can be a very difficult place for celebrities.

And that’s because it’s easy to get caught up in too many negative comments.

During an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Cardi revealed that the negative comments about her drive her crazy.

Here’s what she had to say:

When I was like a nothing, everybody was rooting. And now that I’m finally here, people have a problem for it. I worked so hard. Why do people feel like I don’t deserve it?

I do snap out of it and I do ignore it. And it’s just like it drives you insane.

She was also asked about her infamous confrontation with Nicki Minaj during New York Fashion Week.

Although Cardi isn’t embarrassed about what went down, she does realize it wasn’t the best choice to make.

It’s unnecessary. But am I ever embarrassed by anything I do? No.

I think it’s bad for business. I know a lot of people like to say all publicity is good publicity, to me it’s not because that takes away of people paying attention to your craft. It makes people not even care about your craft. They just want to see drama.

Regardless, Cardi won’t let anything stop her drive.

People just feel like it’s a ha ha, it’s almost over for you. It’s like, I get up every single time, honey. Even before this fame stuff. I always get up. All the time.

And I show people that. I show it over and over and over and over again.

You can watch the full interview below.

1. Anon

December 10, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Could it be actual growth? Interesting.

2. Renee

December 10, 2018 at 1:32 pm

This was a good interview. It made me like her more. But she has to understand that there’s no purpose in reading negative comments outside of upsetting yourself. She’s a multimillionaire and her career is in a wonderful place. There’s really no need for her to be reading any social media comments. She should be too busy working, being a mother and enjoying her life. Life is too short to care what strangers think.

3. Ms. Jackson

December 10, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Sh-t you give me millions of dollars and you’d have to pay my a-s to be on Instagram. I’d have my PR people handle all that social media sh-t. F-ck that. Call me whatever you want while I stack my millions.

4. Lay Lay

December 10, 2018 at 3:05 pm

So now she’s ready to admit she made a fool out of herself? Good for her I guess. I wonder why she didn’t talk about Offset. I still don’t know if their breakup is real or a stunt.

December 10, 2018 at 4:41 pm

She can be so likable at times.

6. Jessica

December 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm

This sounds good but I fully expect Cardi to run up on Nicki again in the near future.