Contessa from Married to Medicine Called out for Refugees Comment

Toya Calls out Contessa for ‘Refugees’ Shade

contessa from married to medicine

Photo Credit: Bravo

The latest season of “Married To Medicine” featured the demise of Toya Bush Harris and Dr. Contessa Metcalfe’s friendship.

During the feud, it did not take long for things to get messy.

And from the looks of the third hour of the reunion, the two ladies will not be making up anytime soon.

Plenty of fans were very opinionated after Contessa claimed that Toya and her husband Dr. Eugene Harris had been “living like refugees” for the last few years.

Interestingly enough, Toya has some opinions of her own as well.

1. MissT

January 16, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Contessa’s husband was WRONG for calling Toya a troll also. If that was my wife I would kick his a-s!also as long as miserable heavenly is on that show it will continue to go into the gutter. Last but not least, Mariah and Toya spoke up for Gregg when the others said he “hit” quad because that is going to ruin his business. Quad accused Mariah of being a crackhead and accused Greg of beating her up so that she can ruin their careers. I must add that I dont like Jackie, she is an undercover snake.

• Anonymous

January 16, 2019 at 1:10 pm

Jackie is the ringleader and I’d love to know why these women don’t check her. She keeps up a lot of the drama behind the scenes but gets to keep her hands clean in front of the cameras. Both Heavenly and Mariah have hinted at this.

• MissT

January 16, 2019 at 5:23 pm

I agree. I also get the feeling that
        Jackie thinks that she is above Simone. Mariah needs to get off the show as a cast member and just work as a producer. She created the show, put those ladies on it to make their platform bigger and she gets the least amount of respect. Especially from jackie quad and heavenly. I’m predicting that Greg’s business is going to go under now because of that crap quad said. She is an absolute loser.

2. And What?

January 16, 2019 at 12:55 pm

The refugees shade was dumb for sure and I don’t know why so many people hyped it up like it was so witty.

January 16, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Contessa was so desperate to throw shade that she didn’t think that one through. I’ve noticed that she’s sinking her claws into Toya more so than anyone else on the show. I’d love to know why she’d allowed both Heavenly and Simone to disrespect her but her petty issues with Toya is where she decided to draw the line.

• Onrone1

January 18, 2019 at 1:09 am

U must didn’t watch last season because she was checking heavenly all the time.

• Nah

January 18, 2019 at 12:43 pm

Nah. Contessa never fixed her mouth to come at Heavenly the same way she’s going at Toya. Contessa straight up called Toya and her husband fat, refugees, assassinated Toya’s character, etc. She would never fix her lips like this with Heavenly because she knows Heavenly is the most gutter one on the show. People keep talking about she can fight because she was in the military but Contessa acts scary. The only one she gets this buck with is Toya. And that’s for a reason.

January 16, 2019 at 1:12 pm

This and that BMI clap back were just downright mean. Contessa has been mean to Toya and Eugene unnecessarily since last season. And no matter what, neither Toya nor Eugene have returned the nastiness but people swear Contessa and Scott are victims. It’s like people have been watching a completely different show. Contessa started all of this. I have not forgotten.

5. Ms. Jackson

January 16, 2019 at 1:20 pm

The refugees sh-t was dumb as f-ck to say. Contessa seems very thirsty to become a reality star and the fact that she tried and failed to get on this show for years tells me all I need to know. She’s attacking Toya because she believes that is what it will take to secure her spot. I won’t lie, her strategy is working. Out of all the women, Toya is the easiest one to go after. She’s not known for epic reads like Mariah, she won’t go to the gutter to get even like Heavenly, she doesn’t have much pull like Jackie, she won’t defame you like Quad and she’s not a raging alpha like Simone. I get it but it’s f-cked up.

• Lisa

January 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm

This is one of the most on point observations made about this show. I completely agree. Toya is the weak link. Tessa is strategic and she wouldn’t come for anyone else the way she keeps coming for Toya. This is why I can’t completely like her. She’s not authentic.

6. Oprah's Wig

January 16, 2019 at 2:55 pm

This shade fell flat for me. It made no sense. Toya and Eugene may have had some tax issues, but they handled it and were upfront about it. Meanwhile, Contessa has been caught in multiple lies. That woman she lied about being her nanny already exposed her. If Simone and Toya really wanted to drag Contessa, they could with that information alone.

January 16, 2019 at 4:10 pm

Oh Toya girl please. It’s NOT that deep.

January 16, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Contessa is a bit like Heavenly. They don’t back off until you get as gutter as they do. Toya needs to go ahead and drag Contessa and Scottisha for filth. That is the only way they will get the message and sit down somewhere.

9. Mona

January 16, 2019 at 5:35 pm

Something about Contessa bothers me. I can’t put my finger on it yet.

10. Shannon

January 16, 2019 at 8:51 pm

It was a classless dig by Contessa. I’m actually surprised at how malicious she was this season. I thought she was better than that.

11. Alina

March 10, 2019 at 9:58 am

Can we get more trashy? How embarrassing for our country and black community. As if it’s not bad enough we have privileged no brain white trash on Housewives of New Jersey, etc…now we find classless drama queens with degrees acting like black trash. Disgusting worthless, empty junk TV. What a waste of time and talents.So many other edifying intelligent and righteous shows that could be produced, and we get this absurd abyss.