'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Eva Marcille Addresses 'Nappy Heads' Comment

‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Eva Marcille Addresses ‘Nappy Heads’ Comment

Photo Credit: Bravo

“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Eva Marcille caught some heat for comments she made about Porsha Williams, Kenya Moore, and Marlo Hampton. A lot of people took issue with Eva calling Porsha and Kenya nappy heads. She also got criticism for saying Kenya had a later in life baby. And for saying Marlo can’t understand why she avoided conflict while she was pregnant because Marlo’s never been pregnant.

Kenya and Marlo have expressed that they believe Eva hits below the belt. But Eva doesn’t see it that way. But she did explain her comments on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”

1. Vicky

December 9, 2019 at 1:35 pm

I personally am not a fan of the term nappy but I do think people do the most to blow up everything Eva says and does. Kenya just got on TV and called another black woman bald headed like that’s not a harmful stereotype. These women say the most awful things about each other but the only people ever called out by the fans are Eva and Nene.

December 9, 2019 at 1:43 pm

I just don’t understand how Kenya calls herself the shade assassin but she can’t take Eva’s shade.

3. Tara

December 9, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Eva is black. Did people forget that? Some people act like light skinned people can’t have kinky hair too.

• Anonymous

December 9, 2019 at 3:45 pm

Eva is mixed, right?

• Tara

December 9, 2019 at 4:01 pm

No. Eva’s parents are black. People didn’t start calling Eva mixed until recently. And I’ll keep my thoughts to myself on why that is.

• Kim

December 21, 2019 at 7:35 am

Eva is black but she feels she’s privilèged because Her skin complexion is lighter than the other housewifes This mat be true but are still à N-GGER in the white folks!!!

4. V

December 9, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I think this might be my last season watching RHOA; these grown women act like they are still on high school with the constant tearing each other down! If there isn’t a beef between one or two of the women or a group of women against one, then they have nothing to their story line! Mind you it’s reality tv but it’s not real stuff!! Everything is scripted fior ratings!!! Now as a black community we are going to let non black producers get us all outraged and stuck on colorism amongst ourselves!!! It’s called slave mentality and anyone who isn’t black knows how to capitalize on the ignorance that exists in our own community!! Everyone can see it but us!! SMH!!!

• Muah!

December 9, 2019 at 8:46 pm

That is the most sound comment I have ever seen. I love every word you stated and could not have said it better myself . Well said. That’s why I don’t watch it either… Not do I eat h basketball wives or love and hip hop. Done with proving the stereotype.

• Muah!

December 9, 2019 at 8:47 pm

*Nor do I watch…D-mn typos… Lol…

5. Cat

December 10, 2019 at 3:34 pm

This is offensive. As a black women you should be more intelligent and not blaming your blackness to be stupid. Sorry but we see you. A simple sorry would have been more appropriate.

6. SB

December 11, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Where did all these Sensitive azz people come from these days. D-mnnnn