Quantcast
'Married to Medicine' Star Mariah Huq Calls out Dr. Contessa Metcalfe

‘Married to Medicine’ Star Mariah Huq Calls out Dr. Contessa Metcalfe

Photo Credit: YouTube

Season seven of “Married to Medicine” may be over, but that doesn’t mean the cast doesn’t still have opinions. In fact, Mariah Huq had some things to get off her chest. So she decided to recap the reunion on her new YouTube channel. And she had some interesting things to say about Dr. Contessa Metcalfe.

Mariah feels as if Contessa was a bit too interested in the business of other people on the latest season. She also believes Contessa was very hypocritical when it comes to Buffie Purselle. And she could have been more empathetic.

1. Lisa

January 8, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Contessa was definitely trying way too hard this season like someone told her she needed to secure her spot or something.

• SayWhat

January 18, 2020 at 9:27 pm

For some reason, I don’t like Contessa & her husband. Their issues seems fake and made up. Her steadfast dislike & paranoia about Toya made no sense to me. Her storyline about school & becoming the Surgeon General sounded like she just spewed that to Andy hoping he would just shut up keep moving. Her explanation about brown and dark skin girls sounded more like a when in doubt pivot to that answer. And her drill sergeant mentality was off the chain. Also, I dislike how she took everything the ladies, especially, Toya said personally. She over played her breast surgery storyline and saying Toya deliberately hit her in her
      breast and then never called to check on her was overkill. Even her husband was looking at hèr sideways at times. Nothing about her or her actions felt genuine.

2. Jessica

January 8, 2020 at 12:48 pm

I feel like that whole crew (Contessa, Jackie, Quad, Heavenly) were on one this season. Like producers told them a cast shakeup is around the cover so they needed to bring it. Especially Jackie. That whole Buffie situation was just weird. Like she just threw out her being infertile out of nowhere. Buffie ain’t even infertile.

3. And What?

January 8, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Contessa was so annoying this season. She kept contradicting herself. One minute she says she wants to stay out of Mariah and Quad’s feud, the next she’s all up in it at the reunion. She hasn’t moved on about leaving the navy for Scott but then she tells Buffie to get over having multiple miscarriages. She was a mess this season.

• Lena J

January 12, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Agreed 100%!!!

• Shorty

January 18, 2020 at 2:46 pm

So true

• SayWhat

January 18, 2020 at 10:04 pm

@ And What, I agree with you. I feel that Contessa and her husband literally made up and made a big deal about her & Nashville for a storyline. They had nothing else to offer. Contessa, came across like she suffers from hyperactivity at times. She injects herself into the other ladies dispute like GI Jane (thanks Mariah). Buffie should have punched her in her throat, when she held her face and started screaming in her face. Then she has the nerve to be upset with Mariah for holding her wrist.
      Jackie had no storyline from day one. She displayed no emotion or affection for her husband or the other ladies. Jackie and Curtis behaved wrost than roommates when they were alone at home. They literally had nothing in common and nothing constructive to say to each other. I think Jackie would be very content living alone and taking care od her patients. That insidious excuse for canceling their trip was laughable. She and Curtis had no chemistry to even fake their relationship. If Quad is staying on the show, they need to have Dr. Greg on the show with his girlfriend also. Quad had some funny one liners, but she too had nothing constructive to offer & took things personally. Quad needs to leave and focus all her attention on sister circle. She said women on sister circle are her real friends anyway. Heavenly acted mean, bitter and rancid. Her weakness is Daddy. To shut her up just mention something negative about her Daddy & Buddy will zip her lips immediately. The only reason she clamped her mouth and apologized to Simone is because Simone told everyone that Daddy goes drinking with Cecil. And when she made it clear that if Heavenly keeps coming for her husband, she would drag Daddy to his face not behind his back.
      I was surprised none of them recount the men strip show visit accurately. When the stripper asked Daddy if he wanted sex, Daddy said “I can’t” in my book that’s different from saying “NO” outright. I can’t could mean many things. Such as: not right now, I am with my friends, not in the club, we on TV, I don’t have enough time, etc..etc..

4. llawrence

January 8, 2020 at 5:02 pm

• Babygirl

January 8, 2020 at 5:59 pm

Mariah isn’t a hater. Haters don’t go out their way to help their friends succeed. When Quad needed a job, it was a Mariah and Aydin who helped her get that sales job. When Quad was homeless, they gave her a place to stay. When Mariah created the show, she fought for Quad to be on it and had her back when Simone and Jackie looked down on Quad. As soon as the producers got in Quad’s head, she stabbed Mariah in her back and tried to get her removed from her own show. Quad is the hater. Even to this day, she gives Mariah no credit for anything.

• Diamond

January 8, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Thank you. It’s amazing how Quad’s stans try to paint her as some victim when she has a track record of doing awful things to people and having no remorse.

• Vickey Farley

January 9, 2020 at 12:28 pm

I’m glad someone else said it,quad is the hater,and wants mariah gone now that she has gotten her footing

• Angel

January 10, 2020 at 9:50 pm

So true-ungrateful!

• Eleanor Newton

January 11, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Remove Quad from the show!

• Jorja Jae

January 17, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Quad is trash and she know it. Mariah and her husband gave her help and a platform to succeed. When quad the fraud gold digger fake accent felt she was on top her game she gave Mariah her a-s to kiss. And she assumed Mariah would kiss it with delight because fake quad was going to tell the world Mariah was on cocaine. Send quad back to the gutter. I hater to see the forehead coming. Mariah give me a chance on the show. Hook me up with a doctor. Girl when I go to talking about anything it will be how good of a friend you are to me. And I will accept your hand me downs.

• Robyn Anderson-Mitchell

January 27, 2020 at 12:22 am

You are 100% right!! Quad used Mariah and Dr. Greg for a come up and once she got established, she no longer needed them, is she set out to discredit and destroy their reputation! She’s a snake and I hope God reveals her to everyone!!

• Hannah

January 8, 2020 at 6:01 pm

You’re the hater. All you do is bash Black women on here.

• Tracey

January 8, 2020 at 6:03 pm

Nope. Quad has nothing to hate on. Most of us are still wondering why she’s still on the show.

• Jackie

January 17, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Mariah started the show and seems like no one is grateful! Y’all be civil and look at the real picture. Quad’s little money has gone to her head. She gives Mariah no credit. Dr. Heavenly needs to be off. She’s much to ghetto and terrible!!!!!

• Michelle Jones

January 18, 2020 at 2:55 am

I never liked Contessa. I felt that she was a cry baby and always trying to be on the wrong side to keep friends. She is a follower and a rude person. I hope she get the boot.

5. llawrence

January 8, 2020 at 5:02 pm

She got a lot of nerve she had her sister and her ugly a-s mama coming for Quad. Mariah is a hater and her husband was wrong to tell Quad to shut up

• Anonymous

January 8, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Quad is out here accusing Mariah of being a present day dug addict. They have every right to talk sh-t about Quad after that! You say any foul sh-t about my family member and I’m dragging your a-s! Quad ain’t no victim. Mariah and her family did a lot did Quad and she dogged them out like it was nothing. She’s a certified user and liar! Contessa needs to mind her business like she said she was going to!

• Seriously?

January 8, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Aydin didn’t tell Quad to shut up. He told her to be quiet, just like Andy did so what’s the issue?

• Meesha

January 8, 2020 at 8:11 pm

Aydin didn’t do anything wrong. Quad was being very rude and refusing to let him talk. She acted like he told her to shut the f-ck up. Quad didn’t mind Andy telling her to be quiet but Aydin can’t? She’s so dramatic.

• Anonymous

January 9, 2020 at 11:44 am

I agree with everything u said “llawrence”.

• Leslie Johnson

January 9, 2020 at 12:14 pm

You Quad stans are more at Mariah than Quad is. In this same video, there’s a clip of Quad and Mariah laughing together and having a grand time. I think this was after that messy a-s reunion. I’m starting to question this “beef.” It may not be real at all. But y’all being so invested helps the ratings I guess.

• Jay

January 10, 2020 at 5:43 pm

I noticed them laughing as well during the cast pic. They still have beef but they also have the same sense of humor as well. I have people that I’m no longer close to but we cut up like no other the few times that we get together. You can’t be mad 100% of the time. I think they can squash the beef for the show but I doubt that they’ll truly trust one another again.

• Felecia Davis

January 12, 2020 at 6:50 am

Mariah stated that her and Quad is there for the show, in other words they just work together, their not friends, which mean you might have to speak and play nice with each other in the work Dynamics

• Ignat Albany

January 10, 2020 at 11:27 pm

Your comment illustrates how ugly you are on the inside.

6. Honey

January 8, 2020 at 6:06 pm

Contessa has wanted an issue with Mariah for seasons now. It’s a requirement to be one of Jackie’s minions.

7. Peachy

January 8, 2020 at 6:10 pm

Contessa wants to become a bigger player on this show so the easiest way to do that is to come for Mariah. It worked for Heavenly, didn’t it?

January 8, 2020 at 7:24 pm

I don’t know why y’all like getting on the internet and arguing over Mariah and Quad. If y’all actually watched this video, there’s a clip of Mariah and Quad behind the scenes at the reunion laughing and touching each other. They are playing all of you Team Quad and Team Mariah people. Their beef is fake and in real life, they are still friends. Their fake beef has kept them both on the show, so I actually think it was genius. Jackie and Simone’s little spat was fake too.

• Leslie Johnson

January 9, 2020 at 12:19 pm

I just said this. Looking at them laughing and joking with each other at the reunion in this video when the cameras stopped rolling is suspect as hell. Makes me think Quad and Mariah made up a long time ago and are just keeping it on the low for a storyline. Like I’m not about to be laughing and touching on someone who accused me of doing drugs and someone who accused me of being a home wrecker. These women are fake feuding and people aren’t being smart enough to catch on. Someone said this a while ago and I thought it was bullh-t but I think they were spot on. You got grown women on here being Team Quad and Team Mariah when this beef is fake as hell. Embarrassing.

• Jay

January 10, 2020 at 5:46 pm

I saw the same thing but then again I can kick it with someone that I don’t f with too. Who knows. We’ve seen worse on RHoBH, RHoNJ and RHoA as far as people ending “feuds”

9. llawrence

January 8, 2020 at 7:51 pm

And you know this how, Mariah took a drug test years later I believe Quad why would Quad lie

• Vera

January 8, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Quad lied to get back at Mariah. Just like she said Mariah shows up to film the show high with coke on her nose, and the rest of the cast knows this and when Andy asked the rest of the cast if this is true, they said they have no knowledge of Mariah doing drugs. Quad lies all the time.

• Felecia Davis

January 12, 2020 at 6:28 am

Quad is a fraud, any mother would have their child back, Lake have never came for Quad. Quad always have something to say when Lake is not present to defend herself. Mariah was always been a friend to Quad, even when their relationship start to crumb, but Quad kept running that mouth so thing turn worst. I think Mariah is so hurt about their friendship because I think she loved Quad like a sister. I would never betray someone who help me if I was homeless and down, even as Kari came at Quad calling her ghetto and she don’t fit in, Mariah had Quad back. Quad was trash and a using from the beginning. I wish they bring Lisa back on the show to handle that a-s

10. llawrence

January 8, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Because it’s rude

11. llawrence

January 8, 2020 at 7:57 pm

And so what everything I said was facts

• Valerie

January 8, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Nah.

12. llawrence

January 9, 2020 at 12:53 am

Do you know Quad?

13. Dee

January 9, 2020 at 10:33 am

I don’t watch the show because I feel like for women in their field, Shows like tarnish their image. All you see from this show is drama, drama, drama! Does that not affect their business? I wouldn’t want to deal with a Dr who acts like a teenager

14. Miss the Sisterhood

January 9, 2020 at 12:11 pm

I love Mariah. The video posted in this blog was interesting though. Quad acts like she hates Mariah so much until no one is looking and the show isn’t taping. These two were at each other’s throats at that same reunion, but laughing and grabbing on each other once it wrapped up. Just like she broke down in tears and kept hugging Mariah last season when Aydin had to check himself into the hospital. She loves Mariah. Even still. And I believe Mariah loves her too. It’s sad that they have both done such horrible things to each other and then you have black women getting on here ignorantly taking sides and egging on the foolishness. You all need to grow up and stop taking sides in a situation you really know nothing about. I miss their friendship. I believe one day when the show is over and done with, they will forgive each other and be sisters again. I love them both and wish both of them well.

• Leslie Johnson

January 9, 2020 at 12:24 pm

That’s because their beef is fake. Think about it sis. Both of them made some serious accusations about each other. Yet, they were laughing and touching on each other when they thought no one was paying attention? That tells me all I need to know. I saw the rumor that it was fake a while back and didn’t believe it. But I do now.

15. llawrence

January 11, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Your response shows you can’t take the truth. I am not fake like you.

16. llawrence

January 17, 2020 at 4:10 pm

Just because someone gets you a job that doesn’t mean you owe them. Yes thank them but that’s it. Mariah always plays victim. She can’t fight her own battles she brings her mama and sister to help her. You see how Dr Jackie handled her. No body has to give Mariah sh-t.

17. llawrence

January 18, 2020 at 12:36 pm

I like her, she acts real too me.

18. Loonchiesmom

February 5, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Now all of a sudden Mariah’s an angel!! CHILE PLEASE!!!! This woman talked more shiz about other cast mates since season 1. She also was in everybody business. Now that she’s not at the top of the food chain on the show, for a few seasons now, she’s so appalled by Contessa’s behavior? I like Contessa! What she doesn’t do is follow the crowd or let people manipulate her into taking sides. Mariah is full of shiz & a big ole hypocrite! She’s always the main one talkin about we don’t have a sisterhood & I can co-exist w/ other women I don’t really like & everybody always coming for her, yada, yada, yada! She throws more shade & outright insults on those confessional type interviews than any1 else, incl Toya & Quad & u know those two can go there. So if you can’t take it stop dishing it out. Plus all the under-handed shiz u did to & said about Quad over a photoshoot ur cuzn/stylist used her in, at ur allowance & co-signing was the ultimate of jealousy, envy & pride. See this is how Karma works Ms. Mariah!

19. llawrence

February 5, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for saying that. I like Contessa too.