Quantcast
Yandy Smith Reveals Chris Lighty Shut Down a Nasty Rumor That Nearly Ruined Her Career

Urban Belle Magazine

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Yandy reveals more on “Uncensored.”

Love And Hip Hop New York” star Yandy Smith has shown the ups and downs of her personal life on the show for years now. However, she will reveal much more. She does so on the upcoming episode of “Uncensored.” Yandy got her start interning for Mona Scott Young. This happened during their time at Violator Management. While there, Yandy was involved in the careers of many music artists. This includes the legendary Missy Elliott.

While discussing her time at Violator Management, Yandy revealed that there was a concerning situation that threatened her professional reputation.

According to Yandy, an innocent time on a tour bus became gossip.

Yandy was accused of inappropriate behavior on a tour bus.

While discussing this moment on “Uncensored,” Yandy says, “We went on tour. There was a concert that was happening and I remember G-Unit was on one bus, production, management, staff was on another bus. So we were all on the bus playing cards. And when we got off the bus, one of the executives, a top marketing executive of Violator, was like, ‘What were you guys doing on the back of the bus?’ I was like, ‘Nothing. playing cards…’”

In response to this, the executive said, “‘Yeah, I know your type.’”

Yandy goes on to say that she became the target of hurtful rumors, “We got back to the office the next couple days and it was so much rumors and speculation something happened on the back of the bus with me and a G-Unit artist. And I never wanted to be known as someone who slept my way to get anywhere. So I remember being upset, being hurt. And I was like, ‘I gotta go talk to somebody.’”

Yandy’s decision to take the situation to higher up Chris Lighty completely turned the situation around.

September 25, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Wonderful story. Yandy looks beautiful too.

2. Barbee

September 25, 2020 at 7:47 pm

He handled this perfectly. Let me make sure I watch this after RHOP. Happy Friday to all!

3. Ms. Jackson

September 25, 2020 at 8:45 pm

That’s what’s up. Good sh-t.

September 25, 2020 at 9:05 pm

I can’t wait to watch this. I’ve always respected Yandy’s grind. RIP Chris Lighty!

5. AD

September 25, 2020 at 11:11 pm

And that’s how it’s supposed to be! More of our men should be protecting us! R.I.P. Chris Lightly!

6. Sandra Houston

September 26, 2020 at 12:48 pm

Yandy is a remarkable lady who always choosea class first. A lot of people sometimes elects to call it fake because she operates outside of the new norm. More women on the show could use her assistance in business and in community envolvement and deffinitly in professionalism

7. Doris Jones

September 26, 2020 at 3:17 pm

When i first started watching Yandy i was drawn to her classy personality!!So Many females envy her but its Simple ever you have it or you Dont!PERIOD

8. Assata

September 26, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Owe please another person taken up for Miss yandy do she knows how to fight her on battles please so TIERD of her.PERIODT

9. donna

September 27, 2020 at 12:56 pm

Dayum, he could have ruined her career in behind assumptions.

10. Gwendolyn Williams

September 27, 2020 at 2:43 pm

However it went down, Yandy deserves better than that. She held her family down numerous times. And she’s still standing. I love Yandy for that. Leave her alone.