Quantcast
LHHNY Star Yandy Smith Has Strong Words for People Who Think She's Using Activism for Clout

LHHNY Star Yandy Smith Has Strong Words for People Who Think She’s Using Activism for Clout

Photo Credit: VH1

Yandy has been very busy with activism and running her businesses amid the pandemic.

Love And Hip Hop New York” star Yandy Smith has been staying busy during the show’s hiatus. She’s still running her businesses, including her skincare line, YELLE Skincare. In addition to this, Yandy has also been engaged in doing her part for the Black Lives Matter Movement.

In fact, she was arrested weeks ago while protesting for Breonna Taylor. And Yandy got a lot of support for her contribution. However, she did get some criticism. Someone tried to call her out on Instagram.

They said that Yandy was wrong to protest outside the Attorney General Daniel Cameron’s home. Their reasoning was that his home is private property.

However, Yandy wasn’t having it. And she let the Instagram user know that the house was purchased with taxpayer money. So it’s actually public property.

Yandy is still receiving criticism on social media as some question the sincerity of her activism.

Interestingly enough, Yandy was arrested again recently during another protest for Breonna Taylor.

And she made it clear on social media that she has no regrets fighting for what she believes. So getting arrested multiple times won’t deter her from taking the stand she feels needs to be taken.

This has not stopped some people from being critical on social media.

When one of Yandy’s followers brought up “clout,” Yandy was outraged. And she went all the way off.

August 27, 2020 at 3:01 pm

The news coming out about this Breonna case isn’t good. And that’s all I’m say.

• Savannah

August 27, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Right.

• Louisvillian

August 28, 2020 at 9:09 am

The fact remains the same. She should not be dead. The “evidence” they had did not give them cause for a no-knock warrant they lied to obtain that warrant and still did not find anything. What was leaked was not even a investigation by the same dept. We just want all the truth out so our city can begin to heal. LMPD is going to bankrupt us with the many lawsuits they have from lawyers being attacked to citizens being unfairly harrased because the color of their skin. Thank you Yandy for standing up for our City and Breonna! We appreciate it!

• Anonymous

August 28, 2020 at 9:14 am

I never said she should be dead. But the information put out about the case at first was incorrect and painted a completely different narrative. We need to start questioning why this movement continues to put out mistruths and people are protesting for people tied to criminal activities.

• Realness

August 28, 2020 at 12:17 pm

A while ago on here I asked why some black women get involved with street dudes because it often leads to problems and it angered a lot of people. I also asked why street culture is often praised in our community, that also angered people. For some reason, we’re not allowed to ask those types of questions. But you and I are on the same page.

• Anonymous

August 28, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Thank you. You said a mouthful.

• Cleo

August 30, 2020 at 9:35 am

Now y’all know how it is in the black community. Sadly, black women are encouraged to be “ride or die” and support thugs and the hood culture. I’m so tired of it. We all need to be focused on black excellence. If a man doesn’t have his life together and he’s out in these streets, leave him alone! You can do so much better! Thank goodness some black women are waking up.

• Clone

August 28, 2020 at 12:54 pm

I thought you said all you needed to say with your first comment… The 0fficer was terminated because his recklessness shooting blindly into her home

• Anonymous

August 28, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Clearly I didn’t say all I needed to say because you and another person are creating narratives about what you think I believe. Like I said, I take issue with mistruths being put out about this case. I never said police are without any blame. Stop being emotional and read and for the love of God, start asking questions. Most of the information put out in the beginning was false and this shouldn’t happen with such a serious movement.

• Tee w

August 29, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Thank you 💯 the sad part is everyone keep trying to defer from the situation at hand the fact is a human is dead because of polices not doing their job correctly Period. I don’t care What she did yesterday and I don’t care what celebrities are doing for clout the fact is she is dead and these people areout there fighting for her. Everything always have to be made into a bigger issue. Oh she was a criminal WHO F-CKING CARES SHE WAS A HUMAN BEING. THEY JUST OUT THERE BECAUSE WHO F-CKING CARE MISERABLE PEOPLE AND RACIST PEOPLE THATS IS ALL
            THIS WORLD IS FULL OF

• Tee w

August 29, 2020 at 1:51 pm

A woman is dead clearly a wrongful death and your worried about what she might have done previously before she was gun down in her own home wow. God forbid this happens to your family but if it does I sure hope you have that same energy. White people kill innocent kids oh he was bullied he had issues not mentioning that the little white boy had a criminal record but as soon as a black person is innocently killed oh they deserved it because 10 years ago they had a criminal record. Gtfoh and a lot of you guys are mad because God is revealing y’all true colors and it’s coming out left and right back to back. And just like always they will continue trying to make excuses.

• Anonymous

August 29, 2020 at 2:06 pm

Please tell me where I said she deserved to die. You’re way too emotional and it’s causing you to project, misread, and create your own narrative to suit your perspective. The problem with this country right now is tribalism. No one on the left or right wants to sit down and look at all the facts before coming to conclusions. It’s all about your tribe being right. My brain doesn’t work that way. I’ll say it again because you’re a bit off topic and too emotional to get my point which is I take issue with the fact that a movement so important is allowing mistruths to be put out about the cases it’s shining a light on. A lot of what was put out in the beginning has been proven false. That’s not okay. It’s dangerous. People like you refuse to think and you’re being used for an agenda, be it a liberal or conservative one. Progress will not be made this way.

• Missy

August 28, 2020 at 9:24 am

I agree. I was shocked. So many things said in the beginning may not even be true. And if what came out recently is true, a lot of people are going to have egg on their faces. I also want to point out that these protests aren’t actually working.

• Clone

August 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm

egg on thier face….A young woman was murdered…. The Warrant was not for her or her current boyfriend. Shooting blindly and to someone’s home !!

• Missy

August 28, 2020 at 1:08 pm

She shouldn’t be dead. But you’re going to be very disappointed about this in the near future. You’re being misled.

2. Tasha

August 27, 2020 at 7:24 pm

Let’s be clear. There are a lot of people doing performative activism right now. But I’m not sure Yandy is one of those people. From what I have seen, she seems very passionate about what happened to Breonna Taylor. But there are a lot of reality stars and influencers faking the funk for likes and popularity.

• Tracyc

August 28, 2020 at 4:23 pm

When you get involved with drug dealers and criminals you put yourself in danger Yandy Smith has this situation with her husband. No knocks are legal that old drug dealer boyfriend was still coming to her place getting packages there.current bf fired at cops.

3. Wendy Austin

August 28, 2020 at 10:47 am

Some People are really sad to say Yandy want clout cause she stands up for wats right while u sit at home doing nothing but Hating and Judging this is a Successful Woman who got her own Business and a Hustler Jealousy is very Evil and I bet it’s the People who is in her face everyday and I know Chrissy Lampkin is jealous of Yandy and I bet she been talking like crazy…

• Jasmine

August 28, 2020 at 10:56 am

What does Chrissy have to do with this post? I think some of you need to learn how to stop being so passionate about these silly reality shows. It’s not healthy. Yandy’s beef is not yours. Yandy’s life is not yours. Y’all take these shows seriously like they affect you personally. And y’all live vicariously through strangers. Center yourself.

• Tee w

August 29, 2020 at 1:34 pm

• Morgan Johnson

August 28, 2020 at 11:15 am

Why do you Yandy fans always associate criticism of her with jealousy? Do you seriously think she’s above criticism and flawless? It’s very weird. Also, it’s good to question what these reality stars are doing. A lot of them do things for attention and gain. I mean you have people who aren’t on reality shows being fraudulent activists and stealing money all the time. And one of those people is still being backed by these celebrities. It’s okay to question people.

4. Diva

August 28, 2020 at 11:25 am

Do I think Yandy is doing this for clout? No. But do I understand where the skepticism comes from? Yes. Yandy is the same woman who got married on TV and then later told us and her husband that she never made it legal. Yandy can be fake at times and she’ll do things for her image. So you can’t be surprised that some people aren’t clear of her motives with her activism. I say this as a grown woman who stans no one.

5. KB

August 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Yandy, keep showing up and continue advocating. Keep shining the light on Black Issues.

Keep bringing awareness to unjust treatment of black people!!!

#KEEPSHINING

6. Lana

August 28, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Yandy thank you so much for coming down to Louisville KY, Kentucky is so corrupt, we need all the people we can to Stand with us!!!!!!!! thank you so much, Lana Lopes.

7. Juicy