Entertainment

‘Married to Medicine’ Brings in Lowest Ratings Ever for a Season Finale

Photo Credit: Bravo

“Married to Medicine” became a hit pretty fast.

Married to Medicine” started off with a bang during the first season. While viewers were still getting to know the cast of doctors and doctors’ wives, they already had their own histories and connections with one another. So it didn’t take long for things to go left between the women. In fact, the biggest feud that took place that season was between Toya Bush-Harris and Mariah Huq. Mariah took issue with Toya telling people that her daughter was not Dr. Aydin Huq’s biological child. As tensions flared, Mariah and Toya got into a physical altercation at Kari Wells’ party.

Over time, Mariah had more feuds. She found herself at odds with her former best friend Quad Webb. Plus, she had some heated moments with Dr. Heavenly Kimes as well. Producers made the decision to not bring Mariah back for the current season.

Quad was also demoted to a friend of the show. And Anila Sajja was brought in as a new main cast member and friend to Toya.

Interestingly enough, the ratings have declined. This comes after “Real Housewives of Atlanta” had a huge drop in ratings also.

1. Erica

June 24, 2021 at 4:30 pm

Boring season and there are way too many options now on streaming platforms. I also think a lot of people who supported Mariah and NeNe checked out.

• Dee Dixon

June 24, 2021 at 5:34 pm

It wasn’t enough excitement in the couples this season and to many extra

2. Yeah I Said It!

June 24, 2021 at 4:31 pm

LOL. I told y’all people would stop watching Bravo after how they did Mariah and NeNe. But a few people on here were too cocky to listen.

June 24, 2021 at 4:58 pm

From what I’ve seen, the season hasn’t been very good anyway.

4. Tamaca Harris

June 24, 2021 at 5:28 pm

I didn’t watch either, because of NeNe and Mariah, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. How can the two women who built those franchises just be expendable?

• Princess Peace

June 24, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Nene did not build the RHOA franchise but Mariah created M2M,pitched the show and picked the original cast.

Despite all the contrived drama with Heavenly & Quad only 620k people tuned it.

Heavenly wrongly assumed she & Quad would carry the show with huge ratings.

Bravo needs to fire Purveyors of Pop.

5. Tea

June 24, 2021 at 6:35 pm

I’m not surprised 🥴

6. Diane

June 24, 2021 at 6:40 pm

In the words of Nene, you never win when you play dirty. When they did that to Nene and Mariah slot of people stop watching. The shows are boring without the both of them on them shows. I don’t watch but by the previews, boring. Heavenly doing the same thing,,season after season. Bullying..she needs to go , her Kari, Anila, Lisa can stay. Bring back Mariah and Buffy. Quad stay a friend until she behaves

June 24, 2021 at 8:41 pm

Bravo thinks black women want to see educated black women look ignorant and ratchet on TV in our free time. When we tell them we actually don’t, these production companies double down on the ignorance so we have no choice but to stop watching.

8. Blackrose

June 24, 2021 at 9:27 pm

I didn’t stop watching because of the departure of Nene and Mariah. I left because I was tired of all the fighting. Heavenly is annoying and I don’t find her antics funny. Then bringing quad back to cause problems Was also not something that was going to draw me in. Just one season of them not fighting each other would be great. Show the marriages show the struggles but do they have to fight? Perhaps incorporate some more of the medicine.

9. Ugh!

June 25, 2021 at 11:47 am

Did Nene pay people to say they miss her in the comment section? Every post are her fans smh

10. Monica J

June 25, 2021 at 5:43 pm

I think shows like this get redundant fast. It gets old seeing black women fight each other and be in toxic marriages. It’s even worse when the black women are educated, doctors, dentists, etc. I think the pandemic woke a lot of people up and they’ve decided a lot of these reality shows aren’t good for the soul. They’re choosing to be entertained by scripted shows that provide fresh storytelling or cutting off cable altogether.

11. SouthernDiva

June 25, 2021 at 10:17 pm

I’m a fan of Mariah Huq. I did not watch M2M this season and it was one of my favorite shows. I do not like how the other ladies or Bravo treated Mariah. She made the show very entertaining!! Loved, loved her personality and her family!!

• Ugh!

June 26, 2021 at 6:23 am

Girl move on!! Jeez

12. Vicky

June 26, 2021 at 7:07 am

Kicking the creator off her own show definitely turned me off. Mariah deserved better. I also don’t like the fact that NeNe was pushed off when she’s one of the reasons RHOA became a hit in the first place. So I lost interest in Married 2 Med and RHOA. I see I’m not alone. These ratings are horrible. Sheesh.

June 26, 2021 at 7:29 am

Basketball Wives, Black Ink, RHOA, and M2M are all struggling because the producers keep making stupid decisions.

14. Pat

June 26, 2021 at 8:11 am

There are multiple reasons why Married To Medicine is flopping. The way they did Mariah didn’t sit well with a lot of people. They underestimated how much support she actually has. Another issue is these fake a-s storylines. Contessa and Scott have had fake storylines since they came on the show. It started with the Miss Renee nonsense. Now they all of a sudden have marriage problems when it’s time to film a new season. They’re fine when they aren’t filming. The thirst of this couple is astonishing. But that’s the Atlanta culture. People are selling their souls to be on TV. Then you have Anila. Anila isn’t a real blogger. Her last blog post was written in 2019. Her only paid sponsorships are with Bravo. Lisa tried to tell people producers asked her to do a fake scene about Anila’s blog and then Anila turned around and accused Lisa of stealing. People gobbled it up because Lisa isn’t a fan favorite but common sense needs to kick in. Heavenly tries too hard to be the star of the show and it’s exhausting. Quad is just there because Sister Circle is gone. It looks dumb as h-ll having her on cast trips for married couples but the producers have permanently took residence in her a-shole so she’ll never go away. This cast has nothing interesting to offer anymore because as quiet as it’s kept, Mariah has been the actual source of drama since season one. With her gone, this show is stale and try hard-ish. Bravo will continue to ignore the red flags and kick the can down the road because switching to another production company makes too much sense with a stubborn TV network. Meanwhile, Purveyors of Pop has ruined three shows.

• Princess Peace

June 26, 2021 at 9:50 am

Purveyors of Pop ruined M2M Houston & M2M LA, M2M Atlanta is heading towards cancellation in 2 or 3 years time due to Contessa & Scott’s fake storylines every season.

Heavenly fought to get Mariah off the show so she can be the star of the show but it backfired – this season has the lowest ratings ever. Bravo needs to replace POP ASAP.

I hope Mariah wins her lawsuit against NBC, Bravo, FremantleMedia & POP.

15. Miss Morgan

June 26, 2021 at 2:16 pm

I’m honestly not surprised to see RHOA and M2M are struggling. Bravo messed up by alienating their loyal viewers years ago. They didn’t seem to care that they were turning off their long term viewership by making these two shows too trashy. They are more interested in getting the Love & Hip Hop crowd to tune in and it shows. And they aren’t watching either. They keep up with the gossip though. That’s about it.

16. Eva Walker

June 28, 2021 at 4:48 pm

They need to hire Carlos King production company for Married to Medicine and Real Housewife of Atlanta