Entertainment

RHOP Recap: Mia’s Mother Reveals Painful Past + Candiace Blames Ashley for Wendy Blowup

Photo Credit: Bravo

On the recent episode of “Real Housewives of Potomac,” Wendy updates Eddie about what happened in Williamsburg. She is convinced that Robyn, Gizelle, and Ashley are all just miserable. And they will never be loved by a man the way Eddie loves her. As for Eddie, he says there is no truth to the cheating rumors. He also sees Gizelle as a hurt person who likes to hurt others.

Mia has a real conversation with her mother about her childhood experiences. She hears that her father is the one who introduced her mother to drugs. And things got so bad that her mother contemplated suicide.

After the blowup with Wendy, Gizelle and Robyn decide to take a little break from being around her. So she isn’t invited to Robyn’s birthday outing. And neither is Karen.

Ashley tells Gizelle that she didn’t add any “hot sauce” to her conversation with Wendy, but Candiace places all the blame on Ashley. In fact, she’s convinced that Ashley intended to cause chaos. But when Candiace’s anger leads to her calling Ashley “wide body” and a “h*e,” the other women are taken aback.

Here’s a recap for, “High Infidelity.”

September 5, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Candiace’s obsession with Ashley’s motherhood and looks is beyond weird at this point. And it’s telling that she has all this energy for Ashley but absolutely none for Gizelle who actually started all of this. This is how I know this isn’t about Wendy. Candiace doesn’t really care about Wendy. She just wants yet another season to fight with Ashley. And I loved the scene with Mia and her mother. I appreciate the transparency.

2. Korri

September 6, 2021 at 8:16 am

Candiace obviously hasn’t looked in the mirror lately, looking like a Who Whoville. She needs to stop. I agree with Queen, it’s an obsession. She’s jealous of Ashley and that’s her storyline a continuous fight and I agree she’s using Wendy to be able to fight with Ashley. 🤣😂 Even the green eyed bandits are taken aback about her words for Ashley.

3. Shania

September 6, 2021 at 10:49 am

Candiace talks sh-t about Ashley’s face and body but the moment anyone returns her energy, she’ll cry colorism.

• Twirl

September 6, 2021 at 2:46 pm

This!

4. Valerie

September 6, 2021 at 11:00 am

If only Candiace’s hands were as quick as her mouth. She’s the wackest on RHOP.

5. Troll

September 6, 2021 at 11:19 am

Ashley has changed a lot since becoming a mom because she really lets Candiace talk to her crazy now when there is a lot she can say in return about Candiace. Candiace would never have this kind of energy with Monique though. She’s feeling tough with Monique gone. Scary a-s.

6. London

September 6, 2021 at 11:41 am

If only Candiace would get this hood and tough with Gizelle, you know, the woman who caused all of this madness. She won’t though because she’s a green screen gangsta with everyone else but Ashley. And her “reads” are so overhyped. She reads like a high schooler. I’m not sure why Ashley continues to spare her. Maybe she doesn’t care about Candiace enough to get angry and get in the mud with her. I mean I get it. Candiace is pretty insignificant on the show. Anyway, I think Gizelle can sometimes be right about things. People love to drag her about Jamal but she told the truth. A lot of men do cheat. I hope Wendy is right about her husband. Only time can tell though. And yes, it rarely works out when a man isn’t the breadwinner and he makes a career out of managing his wife. Candiace keeps saying that she and Chris are doing great but their marriage seems like a disaster waiting to happen to me. She doesn’t even respect him. She called him a deadbeat dad, taunted him about his deceased father, and curses him out regularly. That marriage is a mess.

• B

September 6, 2021 at 5:56 pm

Best comment. Thank you.

7. Gabriella

September 6, 2021 at 12:49 pm

And this is why nobody felt sorry for her when Monique snatched her up. Candiace is still mad about Ashley writing a character statement for Monique that’s why she is constantly attacking Ashley. But no smoke for Gizelle that’s because she wants to be in that mean girl clique with Robyn and Gizelle. It’s just a matter of time before somebody else snatches Candiace up again. She still hasn’t learned.

8. Trina

September 6, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Candice doesn’t understand why Ashley can give her dust despite Michael being a whole sh*tshow. Candice is likes attacking her because she feels safe that Ashley want smack that head. She want attack the Green eyed Bandits because she wants to be them. Candice is color struck, but she blames other people.

• Xtra

September 6, 2021 at 3:21 pm

You are exactly right, quiet as it’s kept, I don’t really think Candiace likes Gizelle and Robyn, when she was at Robyn birthday party, she was giving Gizelle nasty looks, I think before the season is over with Candiace and Gizelle will be fighting. I thought Monique was wrong when she dragged Candiace, but I’m glad she did. Maybe someone else will snagged that A_S!

9. Traci

September 6, 2021 at 2:55 pm

I’m not seeing the wit people claim Candiace has. Her clap backs are soooo childish and cringeworthy. Maybe I’m not mean spirited enough to like her commentary.

Mia’s story is heartbreaking.

Wendy’s marriage better stay perfect with all this shade she’s throwing,

Askale is gorgeous but I forget she’s there at times. I want to see more from her.

I love me some Karen but she talks about Gizelle too much.

Gizelle should have just went directly to Wendy about the rumors. And Robyn should stay out of Gizelle’s drama with the others.

10. Ummm

September 6, 2021 at 5:24 pm

I don’t feel bad for Ashley. I also don’t take this show seriously. The long paragraphs in the comment section is overkill. Ashley is boring

11. PJ

September 6, 2021 at 5:53 pm

What I love about Ashley and Gizelle is they understand RHOP is a job. Hate them all you want but there would be no show without them. These other girls are boring and spend their time obsessing over Gizelle and Ashley. What storyline would Candiace, Wendy, and Karen have this season without those two? Ashley doesn’t let Candiace bother her because she’s not important. And Gizelle won’t let anyone see her sweat either. I love it. Oh and Robyn is the realest on RHOP. I root for the so called villains because they are real and don’t spend every episode being fake.

12. 404

September 6, 2021 at 6:02 pm

Ashley is smart. She understands the PC time we live in now so she sits back and lets Candiace ruin herself now. Candiace continues to say offensive things and then wonders why the majority of the fan base can’t stand her. Meanwhile Chris is on Twitter arguing with fans and bloggers who have called out Candiace for shading breastfeeding mothers by calling them “milkmaids.” She’s a fool who will continue to embarrass herself.

• Pat

September 6, 2021 at 6:13 pm

If Chris had an actual career and job he wouldn’t have time to be on the internet arguing with people everyday. He’s the only husband on the show who does that pathetic sh-t. I’m sure he was giddy to get a green screen interview.

13. The Truth

September 7, 2021 at 7:27 pm

As I said on the other post, we’ve watched Ashley receive her karma for past actions on the show. Candiace will get her turn eventually, and it will be ugly. The universe never misses. What you put out comes back to you tenfold. Like Ts Madison said, everybody working gets paid. I hope these reads are worth the karma headed her way.