Entertainment

Chris Bassett Thinks Candiace Dillard’s Response to Mia Thornton is Childish + Candiace Cries

Photo Credit: Bravo

Mia Thornton and Candiace Dillard’s feud has become controversial.

Real Housewives of Potomac” stars Candiace Dillard and Mia Thornton have had blowups on the current season. The source of their feud began at Candiace’s music video shoot. Mia spoke to Miss Dorothy. They discussed Chris Bassett managing Candice’s music career. And Mia asked if Chris is being paid to handle all her business. Wendy Osefo told Candiace what was said. Candiace confronted Mia. She wanted to understand why Mia would think this would be acceptable. In response to this, Mia was critical of how things were handled at the shoot. She also called the “Drive Back” video “low budget.”

In response to the jab, Candiace said that it’s Mia’s mother who is low budget. Mia was taken aback, and it seemed as if that was the end of that. However, their issues were once again brought up during Wendy’s couples’ trip.

Mia didn’t back down from the criticism. So Candiace didn’t back down from calling Mia’s mother low budget, again. Candiace would once again bring this up later on. She continued to throw jabs at Mia’s mother and tossed a couple of pieces of lettuce Mia’s way. Eventually, things got even worse. Mia threw even more lettuce back at Candiace. And the other women tried to tell Candiace she needed to back off because she didn’t know Mia’s story about her mother.

Well, the drama continues on the upcoming episode. When Candiace is informed that Mia’s mother is a recovering drug addict, she still has no regrets. But she ends up in tears and her husband Chris Bassett tells her she’s being childish.

1. Gloria

October 7, 2021 at 8:03 am

Candiace really lost it. How does she not see how unstable she is?

2. Ratchet Queen

October 7, 2021 at 8:15 am

LMBO! This lady is something else. She really did all this because Mia called her low budget video low budget. Then she acts like Mia is stripper trash for throwing things when she threw things first. I’m starting to see all her insults are just projection. And look at Askale co-signing Candiace’s nonsense because Mia making a lot of money triggers her so much. Crazy.

3. Shannon

October 7, 2021 at 8:26 am

This group needs to figure out why they get so upset when someone is proud of their accomplishments. Wendy was told not to mention her four degrees. Monique her four homes. Now Mia is asked not to bring up her successful businesses. It’s ridiculous.

4. Lauren

October 7, 2021 at 8:31 am

Chris has to deal with so much. Doesn’t seem like he gets much peace in their marriage.

5. Shay

October 7, 2021 at 9:23 am

Tisk tisk crazy unstable Lil Baby Bop Dullard. Once again… Husband has to grab and try to muzzle your mouth. It got you snatched and bopped last season. You claimed that you were so tramatized but still playing stupid games with ya mouth. When Mia gives you a stupid prize don’t cry to nobody but ya mamma! Boo YOU need therapy!

6. Q

October 7, 2021 at 9:36 am

It really time and over-due that Candiance is dismissed! Time to go She is too childish and plum Ignorant!!!

7. Bee

October 7, 2021 at 10:55 am

Funny how Candiace and her fans felt Ashley saying that townhouse belonged to Dorothy was fighting words but there’s nothing foul about calling Mia’s mom low budget. Then Candiace wants to ignore the fact that she threw lettuce first and focus on Mia throwing it back. The fact that Monique left but Candiace is still there is something I’ll never understand.

• Twirl

October 7, 2021 at 1:11 pm

This! The hypocrisy is never ending!

• Oprah's Wig

October 7, 2021 at 7:52 pm

Candiace’s supporters are just like her – hypocrites. They switch up the so called rules depending on the situation. Back then they said Ashley was wrong for saying it was Dot’s house, but now it’s totally fine to attack someone’s mother even after finding out she’s an addict.

8. Ms. Jackson

October 7, 2021 at 11:20 am

Askale is getting on my nerves. She didn’t feel the need to tell Candiace to stop dragging a recovering drug addict who’s done nothing to her but she told Mia to stop talking about her businesses. She ain’t nothing but another Robyn but for Candiace’s toxic a-s.

• Xtra

October 7, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Can’t believe Candiace is telling everyone that Mia needs to leave, who in the heck does this winch thinks she is, she pulled a knife on Ashley and kept repeating to her not to talk about her mother, but here she is ripping Mia’s mom part, and why is Candiace always degrading people’s appearance, talks about Ashley forehead and wide body, Mia being flawed and her big feet among other things, I have news for Candiace, she is no beauty queen,I don’t care if she did win a beauty pageant, they were just hard up for a queen, all the women on the show is prettier than she is, Candiace needs to be removed from RHOP because of her mental state.

• X

October 7, 2021 at 12:25 pm

You are exactly correct, Askale is really Starting to irritate, she doesn’t seem very smart, she chose the wrong person to be freinds with.

• Mary Whales

October 7, 2021 at 1:02 pm

The only thing I have to say is Candance grow up, I’ve had it with you acting like a TWO YEAR OLD EVERYTIME YOU DON’T GET YOUR WAY OR GET YOUR FEELINGS HURT. Thank you Chris for telling your wife that she was wrong. Candance seek therapy, there’s something deep down that’s hurting you and you need to find out what it is and fix it.

• Ms. Jackson

October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Yeah she’s been rubbing me the wrong way as of late. She sees what everybody else does wrong except Candiace.

• Oprah's Wig

October 7, 2021 at 7:54 pm

The season isn’t over yet but I don’t think I like Askale.

9. Shay

October 7, 2021 at 1:04 pm

Agree with everyone’s perception of Askale. She goes back and forth with what she stands for. What happened that she has called Mia a “h-e” twice?! ummmm mam, we know nothing about YOU as of yet soooo….watch ya mouth cause your day to be on display is coming!
    Trust and believe the not too bright, light green eyed witches of Potomac are gonna turn on you too.

10. Peachy

October 7, 2021 at 1:33 pm

I see I’m not the only one peeping Askale’s shady ways. She’s more offended by Mia’s bragging than someone’s mother being disrespected for no reason whatsoever. I’m not a fan.

11. Denise Anderson

October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Candice Dillard makes Potomac pure Trash I won’t be watching show anymore

• Naomi McMillian

October 7, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Candace is really immature she can dish it but she can’t take it, Askala is annoying she needs to sit her arse down and keep quiet, Candace needs to get therapy she has anger issues

12. Viv

October 7, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Mia has had some eye roll worthy moments but I appreciate and respect that she didn’t allow Candiace to have her fist fighting her first season. I think Candiace likes to provoke people so she can call the police and sue people who have more money than her. She ain’t worth the attorney fees and stress that comes with her getting another lawsuit dismissed.

13. Pat

October 7, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Chris keeps flipping from being Candiace’s enabler to calling her out on her sh-t. He’s not consistent so I won’t give him credit for this. Candiace can talk cash sh-t about Mia’s looks, mother, and past but if Mia did the same, Candiace would pull out a folded tissue and call for her to be fired. She can throw things but Mia can’t throw anything back. She’s always a d-mn victim and I’m over it.

14. Zodiac

October 7, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Look at Mia’s size…she could seriously hurt Candiace if she wanted to. Candiace needs to stop provoking people over silly things. She’s a liability to Bravo in so many ways.

15. I SAID, WHAT I SAID!

October 7, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Candiace is the type of person that you have to put hands on! She is bullying Mia.

Mia is too Tall to putting up with her crap!

16. Madilyn

October 7, 2021 at 4:47 pm

Wow, I agree with every single comment here! Candiace is totally validating Monique snatching her up up last season. It’s a wonder she still has her front teeth. Askale🙄no, thanks!

17. Wanda Hamilton

October 7, 2021 at 6:00 pm

I see everyone is jumping on Candace, what she say was absolutely wrong and out of character. If Wendy didn’t open up her big mouthing told Candace about Mia talking to her mother, this probably wouldn’t have happened
    All those women are backstabbers, trying to make themselves more revelant than the other. They all need to grow up. Once they get rid of Candace (if) there will be another Candace. Wendy is the one who needs to go, she’s a trouble maker.

• Erica

October 7, 2021 at 6:11 pm

Wanda I think Wendy was in a lose lose situation. If she didn’t tell Candiace, Candiace would have said she wasn’t loyal. Candiace did say Wendy was supposed to tell her. And Mia got mad because she felt Wendy was being shady for telling. I do wonder if this comes up at the reunion though. Especially since we see Wendy siding with Mia on the next episode.

• Hater

October 7, 2021 at 8:22 pm

Candiace is responsible for her own actions. She was throwing knives and using racist language well before Wendy was on the show. She needs therapy so she can stop taking her mommy issues out on everyone else.

18. Justhavetobehonest

October 7, 2021 at 7:15 pm

I feel both of them are wrong for the insults towards each other. Mia said candiance was low budget first and candiance replied. There is no fighting fair when you start throwing insults at someone. So both of them needs to apologize and let it go. Or either stop speaking or being around each other. In this situation NO ONE is more right then the other

• Just Saying

October 7, 2021 at 7:28 pm

You’re not honest, you’re biased (I am too and proudly anti-Candiace) because that’s not even what happened. Mia didn’t say Candiace was low budget, in fact she didn’t insult her personally at all at that point. She said the MUSIC VIDEO was low budget. Were you Team Candiace when Ashley was assaulted by Candiace with a knife just for simply stating that the townhouse Candiace lived in at the time was Dorothy’s? Now y’all are switching up and acting like it’s okay to attack mothers and disrespect innocent black women who are recovering drug addicts. And was it okay for Candiace to call her own husband a deadbeat dad when he said she was being spoiled? Listening to fans like you will be the main reason Candiace is eventually pushed off this show. Keep it up though. I’d love it if she was gone.

• Justhavetobehonest

October 7, 2021 at 8:56 pm

Lol I really like the show but some of yall taking this way too serious. I have my opinion and I said what I said. Now I meant to say mia did say her VIDEO was low budget. But I left the word Video out by mistake. Now in the situation where candiace and ashley were VERBALLY arguing at the party at candiace townhouse. I was on candiace side in that situation. She didnt charge at ashley with the knife. By the way Ashley was trying to be funny by the comments that she made knowing that was a touchy issue for candiace.Also as I stated before THEYRE BOTH WRONG Mia and Candiace. If Mia didnt say anything about her video candiace wouldnt have said what she said about her mom which was wrong too. Plain as that. I wish that both of them can get alone because I like both mia and candiace. I hate to see two successful black women fight. They really need to squash it and have fun making that money.

• Just Saying

October 7, 2021 at 9:04 pm

You’re taking RHOP too seriously too which is why you came back to respond. Candiace threw a knife at Ashley. That’s assault. And here she is again throwing things at people. If Ashley was wrong to say Candiace was living in her mother’s house according to Candiace, she had no business speaking on Mia’s mother. Don’t lie and say you support black women when you think it’s acceptable for an innocent black woman to be dragged for being a recovering drug addict.

• Justhavetobehonest

October 7, 2021 at 9:19 pm

Its Obvious you cant comprehend I said multiple times before that candiace was wrong for what she said about mias mom I said BOTH OF THEM WERE WRONG.Im going to say this one more time MIA SHOULDNT HAVE SAID WHAT SHE SAID AND CANDIACE SHOULDNT HAVE SAID WHAT SHE SAID.You have a right to speak your opinion. And I have a right to speak my mind simple as that. None of their money is coming to my pocket so I can really care less who gets removed off the show or whatever but Im not going to respond to people that cant comprehend.BOTH YOUNG LADIES NEED TO SQUASH THE BEEF,HAVE FUN,AND MAKE THEIR MONEY. Goodnight

• Just Saying

October 7, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Justhavetobehonest, I comprehend well and said your perspective is foolishness. You tried and failed to make it seem as if Candiace’s actions weren’t worse than Mia’s. Then you said “there’s no fighting fair…” Abhorrent. Be a true advocate for black women and stop downplaying toxicity because you enjoy watching a particular black woman tear down others for a check. No one has any right to attack an innocent black woman.

• Justhavetobehonest

October 7, 2021 at 9:06 pm

And as far as what candiace said about her husband she shouldnt have said that on tv. Certain things should remain private and thats one of them. Marriage disagreements shouldnt be publicized it should be done in private. As I continue to say candiace isnt right about everything that comes out her mouth. But if someone insults you I bet you would say something offensive back in response.

• Just Saying

October 7, 2021 at 9:14 pm

It isn’t about privacy. You should never speak to your spouse that way. Candiace verbally abuses the people in her life. People insult me all the time, even on here. I have yet to degrade anyone’s mother, looks, or tell people to kill themselves as Candiace has. I’m a grown woman and in complete control of my actions. My brain works well. There’s no excuse for toxicity. You do realize every bad word you vomit someone’s way comes back to you at some point right? You’re going to risk good karma because someone insulted you? Not wise.

• Yeah I Said It!

October 7, 2021 at 9:37 pm

“Candiace verbally abuses the people in her life.”

This is true. I don’t understand how she has stans. She goes way too far way too often. I can’t support someone like that. Everyone knows I’m not a Kenya fan. But this shows why the Kenya comparisons are silly. Even Kenya would never go this far. You have to know where the line is.

• Oprah's Wig

October 7, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Actually, Mia said the video was low budget, not Candiace. And Mia told the truth. Candiace was late to her own shoot and had to use Mia’s car for the video at the last minute because Chris failed to book the rental cars. Candiace also didn’t spend much on the video. Sooooo that’s a low budget video. Not once did Mia come for Candiace’s looks, her mother, her body, her past…nothing. She just said the obvious because that was a very unprofessional video shoot. And Bravo will tell you firsthand that no, these women just can’t say whatever they want and keep their jobs. So yeah, she better learn to fight fair. She was spared for those homophobic tweets. Second chances run out. If she thinks she can say whatever, she can head right over to VH1 and Zeus Network where people like that belong.

• Yeah I Said It!

October 7, 2021 at 8:09 pm

“There is no fighting fair when you start throwing insults at someone.”

LOL. Everyone says this until it’s their family, momma, and kids being dragged. But I do recall Candiace having a temper tantrum when Ashley said they were in her momma’s house and Candiace said Ashley went too far talking about her momma. Y’all ain’t consistent.

• Queen

October 7, 2021 at 8:39 pm

Thank you.

• Nit

October 8, 2021 at 6:07 pm

Candace actually started the name calling before Mia brought up the fact that the video was low budget, IJS.

19. Just Saying

October 7, 2021 at 7:31 pm

Candiace is one of the most ignorant housewives of all time and she’s enabled by her nonsensical fan base. I love it though because they will keep gassing her up until she’s removed from this show. She listens to them way too much like a fool.

20. Icesis

October 7, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Candiace needs to stop acting like she won’t call the police and file charges when she rightfully gets punched in the face. She’s always talking sh-t that she can’t back up. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I guess that’s what keeps her on the show. She needs a Monique flashback!

21. Ronnie

October 8, 2021 at 10:14 am

Ctfu I am too tickled by this entire season. All these women are childish as h-ll and I like each of them for different reasons. Candiace and Mia both wrong tbh. Mia should mind her business and Candiace shouldn’t talk about anybodys mother. I love her but she doing way too much

22. Ann

October 11, 2021 at 11:12 am

Cry baby, please someone give Candice a bottle put her in a bassinet so she can go to bed. She thinks she is better than others because she is a pagents girl and her so call exposure to country club and her mom is psychiatrist or a therapist..you think she would know better, but she doesn’t know who she is. Money driven and insecure brat. She needs to go.

23. Barbara J Guss

October 11, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Get RID OF her!! SHE is a dISGRACE!! UnwORTHY of making any $$ on tv!! Get ride OF. her a DISGRACE!! QN ENBARASSMENT!!!

24. Drianna

October 12, 2021 at 1:20 pm

Why hasn’t Candiace spoken to her mom about speaking to Mia about her. Her mom does not know Mia. Her anger should have been directed at Dorothy not Mia. And Wendy should know better, indulging Candiace in her nonsense. Gizelle, why no bodyguard when Wendy promised to drag you over gossiping about her husband. Remember what you said about Monique. Don’t be so quick to judge anyone’s situation.

25. MEL GRESHAM

October 13, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Yes Candiace is or want to be a busy to people she needs to sit her self down somewhere and stop thinking she is better than other Not at all