LHHMIA Recap: Amara Battles Colorism as an Afro Latina Rapper + Trina Clashes with Her Cousin

Photo Credit: VH1

On the season one premiere of “Love and Hip Hop Miami,” up and coming Latina rapper Amara battles colorism to make it to the top of the industry.

She gets angry after producer Young Hollywood doesn’t respect the pride she has being an Afro Latina.

Trina clashes with her feisty cousin Bobby Lytes who wants his own success an openly gay male rapper.

And Shay moves on from Lil Scrappy to Pleasure P of Pretty Ricky. She ends up clashing with the group once they decide to reunite for new music.

Here’s a recap of “Welcome To Miami.”

January 2, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Just came to say I like this show. It’s already better than New York. Amara is already bae.

January 2, 2018 at 5:45 pm

Amara is gorgeous.

3. Lay Lay

January 2, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Decent first episode.

January 2, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Boring episode. Didn’t get good until Bobby turned up on Trina’s assistant.

January 2, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Is this a wig? She’s beautiful.

• julyol1972

January 3, 2018 at 9:44 am

I heard it’s her hair.

6. Jordans Memory

January 3, 2018 at 10:42 am

I like this show better than NY already. Except Shay being hella extra, the queen was funny but fighting in every episode? He got annoying fast! The darkskinned Latina chick is so beautiful! I like her energy. The Pretty Ricky group although I remember them, they look so much different than I remember. good to see them trying to get back together though. All in all I’m sure all the lines were scripted but it didn’t look forced and completely set up like New York, so I’ll definitely give it a couple of more episodes and see how much I like it but so far so good. Oh and let’s not forget about the baddest b*tch Trina always good to see her!