Nova and Remy Queen Sugar: Ava DuVernay Defends Budding Romance

‘Queen Sugar’ Director Ava DuVernay Defends Nova & Remy’s Romance

Photo Credit: OWN

The current season of “Queen Sugar” has a lot of viewers conflicted.

One of the most debated topics of the current season is if it’s okay for Nova and Remy to be together romantically.

Both are now questioning their future together after kissing during a fishing trip.

Director Ava DuVernay feels the explosive moment needed to happen.

July 8, 2018 at 8:36 pm

It’s still bad writing.

July 8, 2018 at 9:40 pm

I personally feel the better storyline would’ve been Remy and Darla getting together. The Bordelon siblings are all annoying in their own way…Aunt Vi, too 🤷🏾‍♀️

3. E

July 9, 2018 at 9:52 am

I stopped watching it after the kiss. Why did you have to go there? Yes life is messy but you don’t have to make it more messy. We, as African Americans have enough problems in real life but to know your sister is double dipping in the same pool that you had is nasty.

4. My 2 Cents

July 9, 2018 at 11:56 am

Chile this whole season has been a mess so far. Nova and Remy are just the cherry on top. Blue not being Ralph’s son was a big fail. Him dating that Asian girl is another fail and doesn’t really make sense story wise. Vi has become somewhat unlikable. She’s always hating on Hollywood and won’t let him do anything for her but she let that white man become her business partner after a two minute speech. And Charley falling apart because Davis has a side kid makes no sense either. She’s over that man.

5. blackrose

July 9, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Messing with the same man as your sistwr is not writing “outside the lines” its tacky and shows we as women, black women have no self control. There are plenty of men and women out there for Nova. Put him with someone outside the family.

6. 100

July 9, 2018 at 5:55 pm

Umm no. Try again Ava.

7. James

July 13, 2018 at 3:25 pm

I agree with Ava, tackle ALL the taboo subject matter. This DOES happen in real life and people know it. I applaud QueenSugar and Ava Duverney for talking about and dealing with subject matter NO other show on television is dealing with.

• Anonymous

July 13, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Did you just start watching TV recently? Soap operas have done this storyline thousands of times before and so has Tyler Perry. And to be honest, Soul Food did it way better. There is nothing groundbreaking about Nova and Remy hooking up. Just no.

8. Ria James

July 15, 2018 at 11:37 am

I just going to keep watching. .. either way Remy is going to get with somebody .. who on earth would let that man go ? They need their head tested 😏

9. Barbara A Banks

July 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm

I agree. This is too messy
    How is self righteous Remy gonna feel when he shakes those skeletons out of Nova’s closet. And Ava, if you gonna be messy, I hope you throw open Nova’s closet. Give Remy a front row seat no sugar coating. Pun intended.

10. MYRTLE SCOTT

August 2, 2018 at 9:12 am

THANK YOU AVA!!!!

THIS IS HY I LOVE THIS SHOW. I DEAS WITH REAL LIE SITUATIONS AND THIS IS A REAL SITUATION. I HAVE SEEN THIS SITUATION HAPPEN MORE TIMES THAT I CAN COUNT. I DONT AGREE WITH IT BUT IT HAPPENS. I THINK REMY AND NOVA ARE GOOD FR EACH OTHER.

11. Nah

August 2, 2018 at 11:48 am

No shade, but I have to question what kind of life some of y’all are living or environment y’all living in if it’s normal to see a man juggle two sisters in his bed. No, that is not normal. It’s dysfunctional and as someone who has a sister, I would never cross that line because I’m not selfish like Nova. I think Nova’s dysfunction gets too many passes. She’s been trifling since the first episode. And no, Nova and Remy are not good for each other. A good relationship doesn’t hurt other people. But if you only care about yourself, you wouldn’t care who you hurt. I can’t believe some of the stuff I read on the internet sometimes.

12. Mf

August 25, 2018 at 5:27 pm

Its just gross! I cant even watch the scenes. I fastforward thru their scenes. Who wants to kiss the same man as their sister.