Queen Sugar Season 3 Episode 9 Recap: The Tree and Stone Were One

‘Queen Sugar’ Recap: Nova Confesses to Charley + Charley Reads Remy

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On last night’s episode of “Queen Sugar,” Nova finally confesses to Charley about seeing Remy. This angers Charley who then confronts Remy about their situation.

Charley also talks to Jacob’s mother. She wants the help of Charley to stop Sam from building a prison on their land.

Micah and his friends have their hands full as their protest at the plantation takes an unexpected turn.

Here’s the recap for, “The Tree and Stone Were One.”

Click next for the recap.

1. Viv

July 26, 2018 at 12:51 pm

This Remy and Nova storyline is atrocious. I can’t believe Ava allowed this show to get this bad.

• Anonymous

July 26, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Remy and Nova getting together was Ava’s idea. Ava IS one of this show’s problems. She’s talented but sometimes she gets in her own way with her work. She does what she wants to do without thinking about if it makes sense for the show/movie she’s working on.

2. Peachy

July 26, 2018 at 12:55 pm

It’s laughable how much they have changed Remy just so they could pair him with Nova. It’s cheap writing and if they keep this up, ratings will be even worse next season.

• Babygirl

July 26, 2018 at 2:41 pm

I agree. They have him smoking now just so he can relate more to Nova. All I can do is shake my head at how juvenile it is for a writer to think this way.

3. Troll

July 26, 2018 at 12:58 pm

So let me get this straight. Now we’re supposed to believe that Remy is some expert weed smoker who can roll the perfect blunts? He went from judging Charley for her plan to get even with the Landry’s to f-ckng her sister and bragging about smoking weed? Really? This show is complete trash now.

4. My 2 Cents

July 26, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Throw the whole season away.

5. Hater

July 26, 2018 at 1:17 pm

I don’t like how the writers try to play us like we’re stupid. They know Remy and Nova aren’t really compatible, so they are trying to change Remy into something he isn’t so it will trick us into accepting this. And then they try to make Nova seem like she’s some catch and honorable activist like we are supposed to forget that she’s dating her sister’s ex. All I could do is roll my eyes when Too Sweet’s mama and Remy were talking about her like she’s some saint. Oh please. Your activism doesn’t excuse how you’re lacking in morals. I can’t forget how Nova was sleeping with a married white police officer season one. How she sabotaged that relationship with that single, successful and educated black man because he had a different approach to activism than she did. And now she’s wanting Remy, a man who was just s-xing her sister and talking about having kids with Charley last season. Nova is a hotep. She’s a fake activist who uses activism to cover up the fact that she’s a hypocrite in her personal life. I can’t stand her now.

As far as Remy goes, he’s proven he’s not a real family friend at all. If he was, he wouldn’t be juggling two sisters. He’s a fraud and I can’t believe I used to like him. He actually tried to make Charley feel like it’s her fault that he’s messing with Nova. The relationship wasn’t working? No boo. It had to be working to some extent if you were thinking about marrying and having kids wth Charley. He only wanted out when she told him how she was going to take down the Landry’s. He felt he was too wholesome for her then but he’s not too wholesome to sleep with her sister now. I am running out of patience.

Ugh! Vent over.

July 26, 2018 at 2:06 pm

I think I’m only watching for Charley, Vi and Hollywood at this point. I hate what the writers are doing with everyone else.

7. Ms. Jackson

July 26, 2018 at 2:17 pm

The writing gets dumber by the episode. I’m about to say f-ck this sh-t and stop watching.

8. Nessa

July 26, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Charley’s are always so flawless.

9. Get Busy

July 26, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Meh, this is the third season. Season three is make or break for a lot of shows. If they can correct their mistakes next season, they can at least go to 6 seasons. They should find another showrunner though.

10. anon anon

July 26, 2018 at 5:05 pm

Charley came through with the read of the season. Remy deserved every bit of it too with his trash a-s. And I caught that slick shade she threw Nova. She low-key told him this fling he has with Nova won’t last long because Nova is allergic to monogamy.