'Black Ink Crew Chicago' Stars Charmaine & Kat Throw a Little Shade

‘Black Ink Crew Chicago’ Stars Charmaine & Kat Throw a Little Shade

Photo Credit: Instagram

“Black Ink Crew Chicago” is suffering a massive drop in ratings.

It’s unclear what’s caused the decline. But some believe it’s the departure of former cast members.

And others wonder if it’s the N-word controversy, too.

Regardless, it’s clear VH1 won’t be giving up on the “Black Ink Crew” franchise.

A Compton version will premiere soon.

In the meantime, Charmaine from the Chicago show threw some shade recently.

And Kat joined in.

1. And What?

July 30, 2019 at 10:27 am

I mean the show was much better with the OGs. Just saying.

2. Porsha

July 30, 2019 at 10:37 am

And not one lie was told.

3. Kimberly

July 30, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Back when the show was real.

• Carter

July 30, 2019 at 5:05 pm

Seriously I don’t even watch the show now. I haven’t watched many episodes this season just collecting dust on my DVR

July 31, 2019 at 7:42 pm

I stop watching when Kat left period…

4. Greg

July 30, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Yeah the show now is nothing more than a promo for Ryan Henry and his new shop

5. Cathy

July 30, 2019 at 8:35 pm

I stopped watching because of the damage these three did in the beginning seasons. THEY are the ones that destroyed the show with their immature, classless and hoarish behaviors. We don’t need them in Chicago or on any show that makes reference to the city…. We’ve just had enough of that kind of misrepresentation. People everywhere think females from Chicago are exactly like them when the fact is a lot of us are ladies…

• Anonymous

July 30, 2019 at 9:41 pm

I’m pretty sure the men weren’t any better. Just say it offends you to see women be free and s-xual and call it a day. Also, Chicago has bigger issues than what happens on Black Ink Crew Chicago.

• Sidney

July 31, 2019 at 4:02 am

Facts!

6. Elizabeth Pena

July 30, 2019 at 10:35 pm

Ever since they brought Jr. Lilly , Bella on the show it went down hill. After Kat left because she & her boss slept together & till this day he hasn’t said he did i just lost interest in it. Why would they want jr. Lilly and DRUNK bella there all they do is get drunk and fight. Naw they need to change alot of stuff. Just like Black Ink.. Sky is so uneducated she brings that show down always fighting loud she’s so immature..

• Black diamond 💎

July 30, 2019 at 11:46 pm

Yes I definitely agree with you .

• Jamar Degraffenreid

July 31, 2019 at 10:48 am

Super facts not a fan of sky at all. And as far as black ink Chicago dam near all the cast get drunk and dam near fight every episode smh. The show is called black ink Chicago black ink new year every your I’m starting to see less and less tattoos being done and more and more drink and partying. Why call it. Black ink and your not doing any ink.

• Elizabeth Pena

August 7, 2019 at 8:38 am

Well said. That’s exactly how i feel. To me Sky is so uneducated that she makes Trump look smart..

7. Casey Grimes-Finley

July 30, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Yes something is missing this season.I am sooooooooooo over Lily and the ordeal of her using the N word.The show was better with Danielle and on there.I miss KatTat,too!Now it just seems Generic.Thank you,Casey Grimes-Finley,Chicago,Illinois

8. Angelo

July 30, 2019 at 11:33 pm

Lilly made the show

• Black diamond 💎

July 30, 2019 at 11:49 pm

No II definitely .

• Black diamond

July 30, 2019 at 11:50 pm

No I disagree

• Lim

July 31, 2019 at 12:37 am

I can’t stand neither of them im glad I don’t watch the show anymore those type of females give us a bad name

• Tasha

July 30, 2019 at 11:52 pm

…drop in ratings. I’m glad I was able to make your statement factual.

• Cookie watts

August 7, 2019 at 4:21 pm

lily was so irritating that i turned the channel.

• Cookie

August 7, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Lily cause me to turn the channel she was irratating.
      Tv

• TammyT

September 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Not at all/period.

9. Key

July 31, 2019 at 12:28 am

Black Ink dont tattoo on the show. When they finally show you their work its horrible (Donna, Van, and the list goes on. If they could tattoo like the way they throw hands. I promise I’ll watch every episode withoit missing one.

• Kristina Cuellar

July 31, 2019 at 9:59 am

Facts, I never see a real tattoo done anymore.Not that am a fan of Lily just everyone always talking bad about her but at least she was a tattoo artist and not just along for the ride like Charmaine and her cousin.This is a tattoo show afterall.

• Anonymous

July 31, 2019 at 10:16 am

Lily being a tattoo artist doesn’t erase the fact that she causes 99% of the problems. Maybe that’s why “everyone always talking bad about her.”

10. Stephanie

August 7, 2019 at 10:40 am

It was from the beginning people just got caught up in drama. All of them benefited from the show. Non of them are broke. Its time from ryan to get his life straightened back out. Something just bigger than reality show. Being put on blast to keep rating you got too move on from the negativity and get back being positive. All of them doing what they love. So it’s really no sense of people in their feeling unless you like drama.

11. Cookie

August 7, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Lily cause me to turn the channel she was irratating.
    Tv

12. Ronda

August 8, 2019 at 1:39 am

I’m not looking at this sh-t bye boys

13. Valerie Batts

August 8, 2019 at 3:02 pm

The original crew may be the best the show had but it’s time to grow up and save the business. It’s not about ratings for Ryan its about loosing money and saving the shop, who could be mad at that?