'Greenleaf' Recap: Grace Learns the Truth About AJ

‘Greenleaf’ Recap: Grace Learns the Truth About AJ

Greenleaf Season 4 Episode 7 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On tonight’s episode of “Greenleaf,” James plans to propose to Mae, again, with the help of his children. However, his plans don’t work out. Meanwhile, Grace learns from Sophia the truth about AJ’s recent transgressions.

Mae also must face a victim of Mac as it’s motioned to remover her name from one of the church’s scholarship funds for abuse victims. Moods change when Mae finally opens up about her abuse.

Lastly, Grace learns about Harmony & Hope’s land grabs, telling Jacob who really he and Kerissa sold their land to. Jacob also confronts Charity and Phil about their relationship.

Here’s the recap for, “Reunited.”

1. Mika

October 16, 2019 at 8:43 am

I am sensing AJ is not really Grace’s son. He met Grace’s son perhaps in prison and he was killed or who knows. He assumed his identity and is now extorting the Greenleafs.

May is a whole selfish lady and she nor Grace is convincing as ministers. Poor charity, the forgotten low self esteem little sister.

Jacob will be sleeping with Tasha soon enough and Karissa does not fit the strong educated woman she was. Total character shift on her behalf.

• T

October 16, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Yes out of the blue the polished Kerrisa has a Jezebel spirit in more ways than one

• Michael

October 17, 2019 at 1:54 am

There DOES seem to be a shift in the way Kerissa goes about her business, now. She won’t get away with this fling. Jacob will probably find out and then there will be hell to pay.

• Carol Reynolds

October 17, 2019 at 11:04 pm

Mika, I’m just seeing that you’ve already said what I also said regarding AJ. I totally agree.

2. Patricia Mitchell Bryant

October 16, 2019 at 10:42 am

I believe AJ is Grace’s son … But he’s just a bad seed. I think the family should distance themselves because he’s on his way back to jail. It’s sad because he could have done great things. Grace and Mae are excellent preachers. I don’t understand how the church could turn they’re backs on the Greenleafs, church is certainly not better. Grace is excellent but look at the implant of H&H people. Grace should somehow let the people know and repapce her Pres of Deacon board. Time to take the church back. This is maddening.

• Barbara Jenkins

October 17, 2019 at 1:49 pm

I think that AJ is Grace’s son and her uncle Mac is the father. That’s why she gave him up.

• Nadine L.

October 17, 2019 at 7:31 pm

I also believe that AJ is Grace’s and her uncle Mac’s son.

3. Charlsye Hayes

October 16, 2019 at 12:15 pm

I think that AJ is Grace’s son and he has a deadly disease. Where is Rick Fox?

• Lula Jones

October 16, 2019 at 6:29 pm

I think he is sick and needs the meds

4. Catherine Simmons

October 16, 2019 at 12:24 pm

AJ has a medical problem the pills belong to him he was not robbing the store Grace don’t care she don’t treat him as her own when he said he was leaving she want him to take her car and go

• Gwyn

October 16, 2019 at 3:46 pm

I agree that AJ is her son and he has a medical condition, which may be incurable. His goodbye to his sister was cryptic. I think the meds were his. He looks sickly.

• Sheila

October 16, 2019 at 10:19 pm

I believe AJ is innocent, The real thief noticed that AJ had on the same grey Hoody jacket the thief dropped the bag of drugs and AJ was at the wrong place at the wrong time he picked up the bag and hide it. His jacket being the same color and mostly all youngsters where’s there hoods on there head. So he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So he got busted.

AJ pass history lead the cops to believe he is a trouble maker. Even though he is innocent, AJ feels Grace owes him because of abandoning him as a baby. AJ is very angry and rebellious. Besides Mae she went from loving him to being fake AJ is very confused now . So who the h-ll is Mae to him. He don’t owe her know explanation. So he just walks out without a telling the truth. He feels let down and hurt and embarrassed, he plays on Grace because she believes he is telling the truth. So he’s pretend s to leaves but ends up

at his sister Dorm, but things gotten all twisted when his sister goes through the back pack and found the drugs. But AJ never admitted of stealing, because he already been Judge by the family.

5. Windy Stevens

October 16, 2019 at 1:55 pm

Karissa and Charity are two desperate and weak women,that would do anything to get what they want but, careful ladies because it will backfire on you sooner then y’all think. I can’t wait until the Greenleaf’s get back there church.

6. Windy Stevens

October 16, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Karissa and Charity are two weak women, that would do anything to get what they want but, careful ladies because it will backfire on you sooner then y’all think. I can’t wait until the Greenleaf’s get they church.

7. Beverly B Modique

October 16, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Even in a make believe atmosphere we can’t have our young black boys change to a successful young black men. Where lessons are learned. I hate to see our young men continually being beat down.

• Carol

October 16, 2019 at 3:55 pm

You are right! Als6, I sense a lesbian relationship getting started with Zoe and her new friend. We always have to be abnormally happy. Why can’t Zoe be with a respectful black male? They are making thw black men look weak. Jacob can’t keep a job, so Kerisa is forced to sell out in order to get a decent home. Charity has a homos-xual baby daddy. Zoe had a bad tap with a black male, now her new female friend had a bad rap with another black male. So, they’re gonna start smooching on each other, after she moves in with her. I’m tired of the pro LGBTQ story lines. There are heteros-xual blacks who have lives than can be displayed on national TV. Hello. And, I don’t care if ya’ll don’t like what I’m saying.

• Mary j Smith

October 16, 2019 at 4:41 pm

I agree with you. I’m so sick of looking at those scenes. I’ve stopped watching shows I really enjoyed because of that junk.

• Kell

October 17, 2019 at 1:39 am

Carol nobody could have said it better!

• Cheryl

October 17, 2019 at 11:18 am

Let’s be clear Karissa isn’t selling out because Jacob can’t keep a job. Karissa wants a man she didn’t.marry and has no interest in helping him get to a better place. She married into what she felt was prestige and power. She figures he will soon get the position his father holds. It’s why she’s so mad at GiGi for coming home. Girlfriends shortcomings are her own. She and Jacob are not a good unless she stops pushing him to be the Pastor he is not. I believe he has ministry, he clearly has a heart for people and they gravitate to him, especially young folks. That does not mean he’s a Pastor. Also, can we kill the flippant sin? For crying out loud, Where is the moral fiber here? Since there are no big or little sins, how about just pull it back. Where is the character??? Across the board.

• Carol

October 18, 2019 at 2:51 pm

Karrisa was fine with Jacob when he that that “mentor a troubled black male athlete” gig. He got fired from that job, so, Karissa panicked and sold out by trying to blackmail the guy working for H&H. He had better deal… let me give your thirsty for your own house , will do anything to get it, behind a straight up check, but it’s going to cost you every bit of your self being. she’s Esau in the flesh. she doesn’t care how she gets what she wants. Has nothing to do with wanting Jacob to be Pastor. Aside from that, if Jacob doesn’t want to be a pastor, then he needs to get off the pot and muster into whatever it is that he wants to be. Not Jacob’s fault. it’s the darn storyline. Like Beverly B. Modique said, “Even in a make believe atmosphere we can’t have our young black boys change to a successful young black men.”

• Nythia Perez

October 18, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Well im that I am not alone I’m sick of these TVs entertainment being all about homos-xuals give me a break I am not homophobic but I’m just sick of hearing about their problems

8. Beverly B Modique

October 16, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Even in a make believe atmosphere we can’t have our young black boys by incarceration change to a successful young black men. I hate to see our young men continually being beat down.

• Josephine Perkins

October 16, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Totally agree with you Beverly!!

• Betty J Hunter

October 16, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Where is Christ is all this drama. Every body so sinful and evil. This the image we feeding people about the people of God. Is there no salvation plan for the Greenleaf Family, as they can’t be Pastors or Spiritual Leaders with all the lies and deception.

• Mary Smith

October 16, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Yep the whole thing is corrupted because they lie and drink. Church leaders are suppose to not be hypocrites.

• Michael

October 17, 2019 at 2:01 am

You are right about drinking. It seems in every other scene somebody has a glass of wine in their hands!!

• T

October 16, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Agreed. Charity just decides she wants to preach, Church scenes are weak, lines are predictable, no one fasts and prays

9. Nickie M

October 16, 2019 at 3:12 pm

AJ is def taking advantage of his situation instead of making the most of it he said she had a choice but he didn’t really give her one with out guilt…I knew it would come out about Karissa selling to H&H that episode will def be epic… Charity is so gullible til it’s sickening each season she’s portrayed as weak like her character may end eventually

10. Carol

October 16, 2019 at 4:06 pm

I don’t even think that AJ is her son. Her real son may have died in prison, and this thug could have stolen his identity/story. No DNA test to confirm.

11. Barbara Nunn

October 16, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Where is Bassie and his sister. Could AJ be their baby brother.

• Cheryl

October 17, 2019 at 12:11 pm

Ummmm Bassie and his have a child??? That’s pretty far out there. Now if GiGi was Mae and Mae’s daddy’s child I can see that.

• Cheryl

October 17, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Ummmm Bassie and his sister have a child together??? That’s pretty far out there considering the relationship; now if you said Mae and her daddy were GiGi’s parents I could understand that there is a basis for that thought. There is none for Bassie and his sister.

12. Cheryl

October 16, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Since you asked what we think, this may get lengthy. I believe AJ is her son. I believe her guilt moved her to lie. I can see the reasoning of his being sick. Only time will tell. That maybe the reason he’s running through money so quickly. When Sophia found the pills she should’ve looked at the label. It’s possible they’re his, he probably doesn’t have insurance so the money goes quickly. Grace didn’t tell the truth in that she wasn’t with him. I will be glad when Trevor gets back to town his son needs him desperately. Now, Ms. Charity, gurrrl you are a hot mess. You sold your family out for a calling that doesn’t belong to you. You are going to be.more useful to Phil then he thought. You are a wealth of info. But slimy and needy. You thought you were hurt before, you will now need to actually call on God for real instead of just sing about Him. Grow up!! I don’t appreciate the approach of the criminal young black man. So there couldn’t be a successful young man determined to whip his folks because they gave him up? There are plenty of Foster and adopted children who didn’t.end up in hellish circumstances. And this girl moving in with Zoe is going be bad. She’s not the best influence on her. I don’t want to see a lesbian relationship 6this young lady. She has been through enough and I as a viewer can do without it. Jacob and wife, please divorce!! She is there clearly for the fish and loaves. So will you help H&H acquire the Greenleaf land and home as well. The reason her husband is not a Pastor is because neither of them rises to the standard. She is NOT 1st Lady material. Jacob may be just a PK. That’s ok. Just find your lane, you clearly have a ministry, it’s just.not being Pastor. Let Karissa go, she is bad news. As much as we see the weakness and failures of this family, let’s remember if this were an actual Pastor and these characters are not living in adherence to a higher standard other than attending church and speaking a scripture here and there. We expect more from our actual leaders. Hopefully, we do. I hate that the church looks like this. It’s entertaining but not uplifting. And I’m an avid fan.

• Glendale johnson

November 7, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Who was that guy Grace was talking to at the end was that her real son

13. Teri Anderson

October 16, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Great show, I really enjoy it. AJ is a big disappointment and may not be Grace’s real Son. Cannot wait to see how this season ends.

14. Ellen Hobbs

October 17, 2019 at 7:27 am

This show only addresses that church folk are flawed too. It holds no value of a “real” church so I only watch as any other show. The weak fall first…Charity & Karissa are each hurt by the men in their lives & quickly gravitated to any devil that gave them attention. (The lust demon visits often)…Lady Mae & Grace are the only 2 fighters. Where is AJ’s Dad who said he was moving there to get to know his son? H & H is the Devil! …stealing the church & the land! Green leaf better wake up & stop fighting each other but use that energy against the real enemy.

15. Cheryl Holmes

November 8, 2019 at 5:07 pm

I wish I knew who he was. That scene made me take notice for two reasons. FINALLY SOMEONE US DOING SOME PRAYING!!! Not just a quick word. Lady Mae laying before Gid, GiGi out there thryi g to reach the throne. I’m impressed. Now when old boy came around that bend I was now who in the Charlie Brown Chris6is this???? Time will tell. See you next season.