'Power' Fan Complains About Season 6 + 50 Cent Responds

‘Power’ Fan Complains About Season 6 + 50 Cent Responds

Photo Credit: Starz

By: Amanda Anderso-Niles

The current season of “Power” will be the last. Courtney Kemp, the show’s creator, told fans that it would go out with a bang. And a lot of characters have met their demise in season 6. Many have even said the latest episode was one of the best. On the episode, LaKeisha Grant’s fallout with Tasha St. Patrick became deadly.

Interestingly enough, some fans aren’t happy with the season. They have been complaining on social media. One even made their feelings known to 50 Cent. After they spoke their mind on Instagram, 50 responded.

1. CiCi

October 17, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I mean some of the writing has been a little weird for me. Like did we really need Angela’s ghost on the show? But the season isn’t over so I won’t be too critical until the very final scene.

• Monnie

October 18, 2019 at 12:41 am

I agree once Angela was killed that should of been it keep the show gutta other than that I liked how it’s been going so far

• Link

October 18, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Angela’s ghost was Fantastic!

2. Lemetrius Knapp

October 18, 2019 at 7:23 am

Mandela appearing on the show, was Ghosts conscience. There was nothing wrong with her appearance.

• Monnie

October 18, 2019 at 7:59 am

Who is Mandela on the show???

• Link

October 18, 2019 at 9:44 pm

agreed!

3. yolanda calhoun

October 18, 2019 at 7:23 am

50 my daughter and myself love the show. Since the some of the fans are unhappy, you should have a contest and to see who can write the best final scence for diffetent characters.

• Sherri

October 18, 2019 at 8:52 am

I mean everyone is just complaining about Angela wow really why because she’s white 50 cent has created a awesome show ppl have flashbacks in every movie show etc be happy with wat yr watching every week

• Tracey

October 18, 2019 at 8:58 am

The actress who played Angela isn’t even white. One of her parents is Mexican I believe.

• Jamilia

October 19, 2019 at 12:19 am

I agree 50cent made one of the best show it really shouldn’t be a problem if fans still watch it how can you complain about sum u watch every sunday

• Ghost

October 19, 2019 at 3:43 am

Angela was Puerto Rican not white

October 18, 2019 at 7:40 am

Angela is dead. Keep her away. Bringing her back as a ghost was corny. And very soap opera like. And the whole she was his conscience sh-t is a copout. How can Angela be his conscience when she was a criminal herself? It was just bad writing period. Regardless, I still have hope for the season. The last episode was good and I may be in the minority, but I like where the writers are going with Tariq.

• Monnie

October 18, 2019 at 7:57 am

Exactly this is a street type of program with hood and street dudes who put away mad bodies!!!

• Mark

October 18, 2019 at 9:04 am

This the stupidest should I ever heard. How can she be his conscience because she was a criminal herself. Read what you write as dumb as fuck has nothing to do with her being a criminal. She was murdered in his arms. And nobody’s pay for the consequences is called his PTSD that’s why she keeps showing up in his mind her ghost in return it’s in his mind.

• Anonymous

October 18, 2019 at 9:23 am

Here’s the definition of conscience according to Dictionary.com:

noun
        1. the inner sense of what is right or wrong in one’s conduct or motives, impelling one toward right action:
        to follow the dictates of conscience.
        2. the complex of ethical and moral principles that controls or inhibits the actions or thoughts of an individual.

Angela can’t die and become Ghost’s “conscience.” She was a criminal. And to make her his conscience isn’t logical and bad writing. She had a hard time doing what’s right when she was living. That doesn’t change because she died. I don’t know if the writers said her ghost was James’ conscience or not. But if they did, that is bad writing.

As a writer, you can demonstrate a character having PTSD without making a dead character a ghost. A great example of that is Franklin on Snowfall. After he made his first kill, he had PTSD and a panic attack in the car. His guilt also lowered his defenses, so the daughter of the person he killed was able to shoot him in an act of revenge. The person he killed didn’t come back as a ghost to make that point. That is great writing.

Lastly, you’re an example of why the Power fandom can’t stand Angela stans. Even Courtney Kemp can’t stand y’all. I wasn’t even taking a shot at Angela, yet you couldn’t wait to come on here and be rude. Grow up. It’s just a TV show. Figure out what’s going on with you spiritually, mentally and emotionally that has you on the internet with no manners.

• Barbee

October 18, 2019 at 9:40 am

Well said! I love Snowfall. It’s such a great show. Power hasn’t been awful. But I do agree some of the writing has been a bit strange. Angela’s ghost was one thing that seemed unnecessary to me.

• Jasmine

October 18, 2019 at 9:48 am

Snowfall is amazing.

5. James

October 18, 2019 at 7:59 am

Keisha needed to be killed b-tch was getting out of hand she forgot Tasha had her back many of times now Tariq is pissing me off cause I don’t think he’s build like that if his back is really on the wall he’s going to need his father

6. December Smith

October 18, 2019 at 8:14 am

50 cent I love Starz Power, one question I have to ask you,Why it s hard to kill snitch a-s Dre because he s like a cat with nine lives going into 10? Also I’m an emotional person when it comes to how someone gets killed like Raina, she was such beautiful young lady, Proctor the way that Tommy went terminator on sight I got very emotional and still mad at Tommy for that ,smh, and the most emotional of the them all was Lakeshia .

• Shelley Davis

October 18, 2019 at 11:14 am

I think that the story good. However, I think that Lakeshia was getting out of hand. She needed to go to prison instead of her being killed off. Also, Tariq is really getting out of hand. He just need to go to school and graduate and get a good job, because he can never be like his Uncle Tommy or his father. He just needs to sit down and go to school and stop disrespecting his parents.

7. Big Al

October 18, 2019 at 9:41 am

50 do your thing Man, you have the best show on T.V. right now. The reasons that I’m reading why people don’t like the show is some hater sh-t. No movie or show is perfect, we can always find something that might not make sense. But your show Power has far more Pro’s than Con’s. Can’t wait to see what you do next

8. Barbee

October 18, 2019 at 9:42 am

The final season of a show will always be tough. People have high standards because this is it. But I just want to see how it all ends before I say if it was good or not. We haven’t even seen what happens to Tariq, Ghost, Tommy or Tasha yet. It’s too early to call it bad I think.

9. Brandi

October 18, 2019 at 3:14 pm

I really hope that this season is not the last season bc 50 u did that and regardless of the negative ppl ya show is fire and id b sad to see it end bc of other ppl….. Keep doin the d-mn thing! Let the show go on!

10. T baby

October 18, 2019 at 3:48 pm

50 I enjoyed each season of power I only wish you would make ghost fall back in love with his wife she been down with him from day one she is a ride or die chick for ghost even after he cheated with nasty Angela they both were wrong but he belongs with Tasha. I’m Team Ghost St. Patrick let him live let Tasha live so they can start over send tariq a Christan School far away. Don’t stop 50 we need a Season 7

11. Ty Money

October 18, 2019 at 4:02 pm

Something tells me that the reason why Kanan liked Tariq so much is because Tariq is really Kanan’s son????

• AlwaysRight

October 18, 2019 at 7:40 pm

He and Raina were twins, which would mean she would be Kanan’s daughter. That was a dumb theory.

• M. Logan

October 18, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Let the Power organization complete or write their narrative their way. They won’t be able to satisfy everyone with their story writing. Frankly l don’t want to listen to a debate from the Monday morning quarterbacks. Case in point “Game of Thrones”. People please let it be.

• Robin

October 18, 2019 at 11:05 pm

And I think so as well that’s why Tariq mom don’t like Kaman she had a affair with Kaman before ghost the twins are not ghost children

12. Debbie R Kelly

October 27, 2019 at 11:51 pm

That Power was so intense… I’m cool with it… Big ups to the writers produces actors actresses and so forth…. 🙋