Entertainment

R&B Singer Monica Addresses Cheating Rumors Amid Divorce from Shannon Brown

Photo Credit: VH1

Monica and Shannon Brown’s split was a shock to a lot of “Friends And Family Hustle” viewers. And while Monica never really revealed why things didn’t work out, her silence wasn’t able to stop the gossip from spreading.

Specifically, some reports alleged that the couple parted ways due to infidelity.

On the season premiere, Monica addresses this during a radio interview with V-103’s Frank Ski. And she said, “A lot of what you read about us did not happen.”

Monica had much more to say in her green screen interview. She said, “People feel like I’ve been really tight-lipped about my divorce. Even my friends were surprised about how they found out the news. But I noticed that the more silent I would be, the more people took their ideas of what was happening in my life, and made it a reality. That’s the type of sh*t that p*sses me off.”

As of late last year, Monica and Shannon are officially divorced. Check out the video below.

April 11, 2020 at 10:05 am

I think it’s great they didn’t let their divorce get messy.

2. Ms. Jackson

April 11, 2020 at 11:31 am

Grown folk sh-t.

• Twirl

April 11, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Exactly!

3. Cookie

April 11, 2020 at 11:52 am

Still have Respect and Love for each other. Peace and Blessings to you and your family
    Team Brown

4. Gloria Smith-Matthews

April 11, 2020 at 7:43 pm

I like her songs and outfits. Her personal affairs is not important to me.

5. Valerye Rogers

April 25, 2020 at 4:49 pm

I really love Monica I never heard why she divorced I heard her say she was putting the rumors to rest to say they’re living together and divorced anyway she’s boring she doesn’t dress fabulously she’s plain so I speed past her it would be nice if they showed something about her personal life like everyone else does🤷🏽‍♀️