Quantcast
Dr. Imani Explains Why 'Married to Medicine LA' Can't Be as Messy as 'Married to Medicine'

Dr. Imani Explains Why ‘Married to Medicine LA’ Can’t Be as Messy as ‘Married to Medicine’

Photo Credit: Bravo

Jazmin and Imani had an eventful second season.

Married to Medicine LA” just wrapped up its second season. For a couple of the ladies, it wasn’t exactly an easy one. Dr. Imani Walker ended her marriage. She realized that she and Phil Johnson had grown apart over the years. That became impossible to ignore after Phil went to Oklahoma to open a weed dispensary.

Jazmin Johnson got a lot of backlash from fans of the show for once again not filming any scenes with her husband Dr. Gadson Johnson. Other castmembers gave Jazmin some heat for this, too. Regardless, Jazmin defended her right to not have her husband on the show.

Interestingly enough, the differences between the Atlanta show and the LA show have been a hot topic on social media. While there are fans who love the LA cast, some have complained that they don’t have as much drama as the original “Married to Medicine.”

Imani explains why the LA cast keeps calm.

While there have been feuds on both shows, the drama in Atlanta is easily on a different level. The first season even resulted in a physical altercation between Toya Bush-Harris and Mariah Huq. Dr. Heavenly Kimes has said that she believes the fight put the Atlanta show on the map.

But viewers shouldn’t expect that kind of drama with the LA cast. Imani gave a reason for that as well during a recent interview with Funky Dineva.

When Dineva asked Imani if she worried that the show would affect her professionally, she said, “I did. I was really concerned because I’m a doctor and the other doctors who are on the show also feel the same way. The difference between the Atlanta doctors and the LA doctors is that from what I understand, the Atlanta doctors have their own private practices. Right? I don’t. So, I used to but that’s just not the model that works the best for me. I work for a hospital so I have to be a little bit more cognizant of how I react to things, what I say, would real Imani, like me right now do this? Or, no, Imani you cannot throw a glass at her, okay, just because you’re mad. You can’t throw that. Not that I would plus I’m on Prozac now and I’m a lot better.”

1. Natalie

July 25, 2020 at 7:09 am

Apples 🍎 and oranges 🍊 with the shows!! So what? People have preferences for either show. I’m trying to figure out what the big deal is🤔. I would think being in the profession or any profession you’d be professional because of the service you’re providing. Mariah, Toya and Quad were ‘ married to medicine’ literally. Mariah and Toya got into it because mouths were running too much.
    Imani and Jazmin both would get down if they had to I bet.
    So what Jazmin’s husband doesn’t want to film. That’s his choice and right not. Apparently there’s no problem with the network because she got casted.

July 25, 2020 at 7:21 am

I think the first season of the LA show was much better and organic.

July 25, 2020 at 8:18 am

You tend to have more freedom when you own your own business. Heavenly gets a lot of business despite being a mess on the show. It works out.

• Laura S

July 25, 2020 at 1:11 pm

That’s because most people are smart enough not to judge people for what they see on an edited and dramatized “reality” show.

• Fe

July 25, 2020 at 3:09 pm

No, because most people like mess, bet Heavenly messy in her own dam office, and her dentist is cheap,,. When she is not filming, she still messy. I would not use her a-s, even if she is a great dentist

• Annie

July 26, 2020 at 1:56 am

I like the Los Angeles doctors their more mellow and are ladies, those doctors in Atlanta are hood rats, except for Dr. Jackie whom I adore, toys is a straight rachet hooray drunk.LA is a good crew, I would not have friends like Atlanta women are hateful old women, to old to act that way, encourage not break black women down.

• Bonnie

July 29, 2020 at 12:05 pm

You are right. Toya, Quad, and Mariah are not doctors so they don’t have to be as careful. Heavenly is messy but she has her own practice. Some people want to see nonstop b-tching and fighting. They should watch the WWE. IJS

• Tessa Arizza

August 3, 2020 at 9:46 pm

Heavenly is a loud, crass, vugar, pathetic excuse for a woman, let alone a professional. I don’t see how her husband stands it & I truly believe her daughter is embarrassed. Simone and Toya curse like trash. Sooo disgusting!! Cancel those shows!!

4. Vanessa

July 25, 2020 at 11:03 am

I like both shows.

• Nikki

July 25, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Same here. They are two different reality shows.

5. Shannon

July 25, 2020 at 12:11 pm

Makes sense to me.

• Jamaica941

July 25, 2020 at 12:23 pm

Exactly plus black people in ATL are different than black people in Cali. When black people in Cali see ratchet on TV they do t flock to it like the ATL people. In Cali these doctors would be fired and reputation would be ruined.

6. Melody Matthews

July 25, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Their first season was good. They just lost two people who made the show interesting. You can be interesting and not make a fool out of yourself. These women are not interesting outside of Imani and Jazmin.

7. Pearl

July 25, 2020 at 1:23 pm

I’m from ATL and wouldn’t see any of the doctors on M2M and I’m not alone. Black people are not a monolith. We’re all individuals. I also like the LA girls. They’re all very likable to me.

8. Coco

July 25, 2020 at 2:14 pm

M2M ATL put it on the map. Dr. Heavenly is the messier on the show, but she still gets even more business than she did at first. I don’t blame Jasmin for not bringing her husband to the she, cause sooner or later, they would find mess on him that don’t need to be exposed. Imani needs to keep her composer, cause if she didn’t work for a hospital, I bet she would be off the chain.

9. Jackie Evans

July 25, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Both shows are great for different reasons. I wish people would support both and stop putting one down for the other.

10. Shanna Jones

July 26, 2020 at 9:43 pm

I like both shows as well…Jasmin seems so fake to me and I hope Imani finds happiness! M2M ATL would be nothing without Heavenly! I also love Quad, Toya make my nerves vomit, and Simone is is my FAVORITE! BUT BLESSINGS TO ALL THESE QUEENS