Quantcast
'Greenleaf' Recap: The Greenleafs Make One Final Stand + Bishop Bares All

‘Greenleaf’ Recap: The Greenleafs Make One Final Stand + Bishop Bares All

Greenleaf Season 5 Episode 7 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

On tonight’s “Greenleaf,” Bob Whitmore is set to not only demolish Calvary but announce his campaign for US Senate.

However, Grace is not only able to find Darius, but she makes one final push to save the church. In the process, she meets a key person who’s able to reveal the relationship between Daryl and Mrs. Davis.

Charity dashes into action to save the church as well. This leads to a revealing moment in front of the congregation and the Church’s board.

Meanwhile, Zora pushes Jacob and Kerissa about her trip to New York and seemingly wants someone to join her on the journey.

Lastly, Mae comes up with a plan to save the house while appeasing Rochelle and Tara. Her world comes crashing down when an unexpected tragedy occurs.

Here’s the recap for, “The Seventh Day.”

1. Lashika

August 5, 2020 at 12:04 am

Tonight show was great! Hate James passed away..some of the news was mind blowing .

• Wayne

August 5, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Enjoyed the episode (season 5, episode 7) and thought it tied up some loose ends. I hope that Bishop is going to be okay. He has some things still to do. For family and his church. My hope is that Calvary Church will survive.
      Tune in next week and see.

• Gail Tillman

August 6, 2020 at 11:38 am

We don’t know for sure if Bishop passed away or not. It could be another cliff hanger.

August 5, 2020 at 9:17 am

I’m sorry but the ending made me hate the entire episode. I really hate that he died. Ugh!

3. Mary

August 5, 2020 at 10:41 am

Way Way too much drama. What is it about all the series on OWN. All of them have extremely disappointing endings. I’ll hold my final decision until Greenleaf finale next Tuesday. I’m sure we are in for a few shocking and unrealistic scenes. Think I’ll go back to watching sports. Bye Bye OWN.

4. Margaret M Parker

August 5, 2020 at 2:04 pm

I hope James just had a stroke. I do not believe that they show killed off a man who really did help people.

• Pamela King

August 5, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Love it. but I want James to live. He is very much the reason I watch the show

5. Lavonnia D Johnson

August 5, 2020 at 3:23 pm

I love this show. It’s about the life black folk live. It gave me something to think about my own life. The show is excellent acting and a great story line. This show is a real reflection of someone real life. BRAVO to the actors..

6. Barbee

August 5, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Hated this episode for obvious reasons lol.

7. Judy Taylor

August 5, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Why did James have to die out the show?

8. Tracy

August 5, 2020 at 8:23 pm

I thought it was another great episode. I did not see it coming that Daryl James was Ms. Davis’ son. That one blew my mind. Why didn’t Daryl tell his children who his mother was? How did Mac find out about the first will? Those are some questions that I might not get an answer to but it does make me wonder. I hope that it is only a stroke also. The series has been well written and superbly acted. I am looking forward to the series finale next week and will miss the show when it is over.

9. Jackie

August 6, 2020 at 6:25 am

I don’t think James died

10. Gail Tillman

August 6, 2020 at 12:08 pm

I believe we need another season. As the biggest Greenleaf fan I need another season. This drama is too good to end this way. We can do the spinoff next year. Pleeeeeeesse.

11. Carolyn Kendrick

August 6, 2020 at 2:22 pm

I enjoy the show will miss it

12. Sherry

August 6, 2020 at 2:38 pm

If james is off the show so am i 👎

13. Lion

August 7, 2020 at 12:27 am

Who is Rochelle mother, why didn’t they explore the relationship between Mae and her father. Where is Kevin? How did Basie die?