Quantcast
Tami Roman Responds After Husband Reggie Youngblood Gets Backlash for Podcast Comments

Urban Belle Magazine

Photo Credit: VH1

Tami had her share of controversies on “Basketball Wives.”

Basketball Wives” star Tami Roman is no stranger to controversy. In fact, her feuds on the show have always led to strong opinions on social media. Regardless, Tami always stayed true to herself. And it’s one of the reasons why she was a fan favorite during her time on the small screen. However, she decided to leave the show after Evelyn Lozada came back into the fold. According to Tami, Evelyn’s return to “Basketball Wives” made the show dark. So leaving was best, especially since she could just put more focus into her acting career and the “Bonnet Chronicles Podcast.”

Reggie has his own controversial moment.

On the podcast, Tami usually discusses various topics with her husband Reggie Youngblood. And sometimes Tami’s opinions end up in the headlines.

In fact, her views on the altercation between Tahiry Jose and Vado on “Marriage Boot Camp” resulted in a lot of debates on social media. Although Tami said that domestic violence towards women is not okay, she also felt as if women need to also understand that they can’t be violent towards men either.

On the latest episode, Tami and Reggie discussed cheating. While Reggie said he’s never cheated on Tami, he did open up about cheating once on a girlfriend while he was in college. However, it was the use of the word b*tch that struck a chord with Tami’s followers more than anything else. And after they started to call Reggie out, Tami responded.

October 25, 2020 at 9:03 am

Wow. I’m surprised he said this. I think it’s terrible that some men speak this way of women. I’m glad she discussed it with him.

• Judy

October 25, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Why are we so surprised that he said it they’re having a discussion. As much as we black women downgrade each other ,trash each other seriously🧐😶

• Shannon

October 25, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Since we’re asking questions, can you explain to me why a lot of you don’t hold black men accountable for their actions? Like you literally jumped through hoops to somehow blame black women for this. By the way, there is no “we.” Not every black woman uses the b word and degrades other black women. I sure don’t. If you loved yourself more you’d expect a black man to do better than Reggie did in this clip. Even Tami saw an issue in him using the b word repeatedly and checked him about it privately. So what’s your excuse to not know any better? There is no excuse for a black man to speak this way. Do some soul searching if you don’t understand that.

• Queen

October 25, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Well said Shannon. I can always count on you to be a dedicated defender of black women. It’s wonderful to see on here. I wish there was more of this on the internet.

• Shannon

October 25, 2020 at 7:28 pm

Thank you sis. I really hate how people treat black women like punching bags and other black women participate.

• Pamela Walton

October 26, 2020 at 4:06 pm

UGH , GET OVER IT ALREADY !
            TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN . NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT THINGS ; THERFORE WHY WASTE TIME TRYING TO CHANGE THE WAY SOMEONE ELSE CHOOSES TO SPEAK .
            UNLESS YOU SEE YOURSELF A-S THE B-TCH HE IS CALLING OUT ; LET IT GO !

• Shannon

October 26, 2020 at 4:23 pm

Pamela, you think you sound deep when you’re just completely avoiding holding a black man accountable for disrespecting women. You’re not slick, just the typical male-identified woman. Women like you will stand in the way of true progress every single time and I’m sick of y’all. The fact that you’re more outraged about women calling out toxicity than the actual toxicity itself is pathetic. No one has to let anything go because you said so. You used the cap button to type trash. Truly embarrassing. And seriously, stop with the gaslighting. The “it’s what you answer to” narrative is such BS. It’s just another way for you people to hold black women accountable for the actions of black men. If you people truly held black men to the same standards you hold black women, our community would be in much better shape.

• Brook Wagner

October 25, 2020 at 6:40 pm

It really goes to his character. It would be one thing if he only said it once. As many times he said it, makes me believe he is very comfy with the word. So I question Tammy’s word that she was shocked bcuz he never uses it. IM CALLING BULLSH-T.

• Shannon

October 25, 2020 at 7:29 pm

I feel you.

• Jacqueline Broussard

October 26, 2020 at 6:31 pm

Al i got to say is WELL SAID Shannon well said! And Mrs. Tami should be embarrassed and he should apologize for the disrespect!! She has girls of her own!!

• Glenn

October 25, 2020 at 7:18 pm

Why didn’t she check him right then. I’m not feeling talk in private, he was very offensive.

• Shannon

October 25, 2020 at 7:29 pm

Valid perspective.

• Elizabeth

October 25, 2020 at 11:27 pm

They don’t hold black men accountable because someone told them they are in competition with other black women and black men are the prize (when every other culture knows it’s the other way around). So they stay making themselves look goofy defending this kind of stuff.

• David D

October 26, 2020 at 6:30 am

Oh, please. This woman and her husband uses the “B” word casually and frequently. Use your “on demand” button on your television or other resources to watch previous “Basketball Wives” shows. Tami, is ruthless. Ruthless, attracts ruthless!

• Shannon

October 26, 2020 at 7:44 am

The law of attraction promotes being held accountable for your own actions. Reggie is still wrong and you will not make this about women and a TV show Tami is no longer on. Stop circumventing holding black men accountable for their actions. It makes you look foolish, misogynistic, and weak.

• That's Above Me

October 26, 2020 at 8:26 am

Exactly. Plus this man sounds a little delayed.

• Lisa Turner

October 26, 2020 at 2:33 pm

And call each other b-tch all the. I do hate to hear a man call a women a b-tch. And it tells so much about his character and if Reggie calls a women a b-tch he’ll call his women a b-tch! I always thought Reggie was a bit slow. He looked and talked like “Brava man” from Martin Lawrence show.

• Arkansas Girl

October 26, 2020 at 5:40 pm

Shannon, you are so right on! I’m 12 and I totally get it. Thank you for your comments. Now when a boy calls me that word again, I know how to respond. I got self respect and I am valued. P.S. I was first called a “b” last year when I wouldn’t let a boy cheat off my homework paper. A lot of my classmates laughed. My feelings were hurt.

• Queen

October 25, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Judy, I don’t know about you, but my husband doesn’t speak this way when we’re having discussions. And honestly, if he spoke about women this way, we wouldn’t even be married. So yes, I’m surprised because anytime Reggie has spoken publicly, he’s been respectful. And it didn’t occur to me that he would ever act this way. I’m not sure why you’re placing the weight on black women to act a certain way in order to be respected by black men. There’s no logic in that, just misogyny. Reggie needs to do better and question why he even felt comfortable to speak this way in the first place.

• Elizabeth

October 25, 2020 at 11:25 pm

I was waiting to see how long it would take for you all to blame black women for this. You can’t help yourselves.

• Ibelieve

October 26, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Speak for yourself

• Vivian Hargrove

October 25, 2020 at 7:44 pm

Reggie used the word b-tch because he has no respect for women.and his father may have spoken to his mother in that fashion.so it’s possible that he’s only being who he was brought up to be.

• Udontknowme

October 26, 2020 at 12:02 am

Totally agree! I guarantee you he called Tami a B or two

• Wilma D Hamm

October 25, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I know that’s right because she and the others girls call each other B-TCHES all time, What’s the difference ?

• Queen

October 25, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Aren’t men supposed to be the head of the household? Men are supposed to be leaders. If they need examples from women of how to do something before they do it, there’s something wrong with that subset of men. Outside of that part of the conversation, it’s just morally wrong to speak this way. And there’s no defending it. Deflecting isn’t a good defense. Reggie was wrong. Period. Maybe you should reflect to determine why you’re defending immoral behavior.

• Elizabeth

October 25, 2020 at 11:29 pm

I know you really believed you made an excellent point. What a shame.

• K. Joy Washington

October 26, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Beautiful Queen I totally agree!!! #DittoForMe

2. Realness

October 25, 2020 at 9:39 am

He sounded ridiculous. It’s disheartening seeing black men talk like this.

3. My 2 Cents

October 25, 2020 at 10:23 am

Chile…

4. Realness

October 25, 2020 at 12:15 pm

I think black people as a whole need to remove the n word and the b word from our vocabulary. It’s demeaning and keeps many of us from progressing spiritually.

• Ms. Dawn

October 25, 2020 at 4:25 pm

I whole heartly agree 💯

• Pam

October 25, 2020 at 8:47 pm

• Im Sayin

October 26, 2020 at 1:25 pm

I agree.

5. Terri

October 25, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Why do these women keep making these men apart of their business ventures. The Braxton women do it, the house wives do it and now basketball wives. Keep them away from your “coin” ventures. These guys mess up everything and then they move on. Just ask Tamar.

• Ms Vickie

October 25, 2020 at 3:24 pm

Truthfully spoken😉

• Judy

October 25, 2020 at 5:01 pm

Tamar is a different situation you cannot compare the two. Tamar needs help mentally ASAP. She allowed toxic to enter her life looking for a quick fix after Vincent. I pray she remove this leach , focus on herself and her son 💕🙏🏽

• Tiffany

October 25, 2020 at 10:37 pm

So right!

• Elizabeth

October 25, 2020 at 11:31 pm

A word.

6. Debra

October 25, 2020 at 2:07 pm

I’ll never understand why grown people think it’s cute to talk like this. Yuck.

• Ms. Dawn

October 25, 2020 at 4:35 pm

You know the saying , when I was young I did childish things but now that I’m older and mature I act like a man . Well alot have yet to grow up sad but true . ☹️☹️

7. Gwendolyn Haynes

October 25, 2020 at 4:05 pm

You look bea

8. L.L. Tripplett

October 25, 2020 at 6:48 pm

In my opinion Reggie should have been checked on the first B word. I agree there’s no reason to have the N or the B word in your vocabulary. I think it’s distasteful and, disrespectful but, everyone has their own opinions. You know how the saying goes on opinions.

9. Scorpio13

October 25, 2020 at 11:31 pm

Let’s be honest the show went dark when Tami was added. She’s been trying to put hands on everyone. I wish that her and Evelyn would of duked it out just to get their issues out of the way.

October 26, 2020 at 8:41 am

I’m not even surprised that a few of you tried to flip this and blame this grown a-s man using a derogatory term about women on women. Stop coddling black men. Reggie is the only one responsible for his behavior. And there’s no justification for him speaking like this. The women on Basketball Wives are constantly dragged, boycotted, and called out for their actions. There was even a whole petition created for Tami. Stop deflecting.