Entertainment

Yandy Smith Breaks Down in Tears Over a Revelation Made by Mendeecees Harris

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Mendeecees Harris and Yandy Smith clashed over communication.

Love And Hip Hop New York” couple Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris have been through a lot. While they did go through a lot of drama with Mendeecees’ baby mommas, their biggest obstacle was the years Mendeecees had to spend in prison. It was such a hard moment for Yandy that she suffered a mental breakdown. And she wasn’t sure how she would be able to make it through while raising their children.

Even though Mendeecees is now out of prison, it doesn’t mean their relationship has been easier.

In fact, they addressed some of their issues on VH1’s “Couples Retreat.”

When they were asked by AJ Johnson if they had any insecurities, it was revealed that they clashed while Mendeecees was in prison over how often Yandy answered phone calls and sent emails.

Yandy said, “When he was locked up, I was locked up.” Mendeecees then said, “But you ain’t email for two months…for six months.” Yandy responded with, “But that’s because I was talking to you every day.”

Mendeecees disagreed, “You lying, you don’t even get that many minutes.”

Time wasn’t something Yandy Smith always had.

Yandy explained how the communication issue led to Mendeecees saying they don’t have to be together, “And if I didn’t talk to you, it was a problem. Then it would be, ‘You know, you don’t have to do this.’ And for me it felt like, don’t negate what I have been doing. Don’t negate me making sure the kids are good, don’t negate the calls I did pick up.”

In a green screen interview, Yandy explained why she thought this issue was silly, “This isn’t the first time the phone call, email thing has come up. And I normally just brush it away but now I’m frustrated. Do you understand what my life was like? I’m raising two babies, I’m running five companies. You wanna talk about emails? Calls? Talk about how these bills was gonna get paid. I don’t have time to write emails and letters.”

Mendeecees Harris explained why he told Yandy Smith she could leave him.

As for Mendeecees, he didn’t think he was wrong to tell Yandy she could just leave him, “I was kind of holding resentment because the moment I step out of here, she gonna be blowing my phone up every five seconds. So for me, I started to feel like I was put on a shelf. I wasn’t going nowhere, and you’d play with me when it’s time for me to be free.” He continued, “I wasn’t gonna allow no one to treat me any different from me being free to me being incarcerated. Treat me the same. Don’t mishandle me like that. Not when I give her the opportunity…If you ever get tired and it becomes too much, then you’re free.”

Mendeecees also said he didn’t want to be selfish, “I think it would have been selfish of me to try to hold her in a relationship that she didn’t want to be in. You free. Anything can happen. People meet people, fall in love…I ain’t want to force somebody to go through something like that with me.”

Well, the conversation got even more hurtful for Yandy after she asked Mendeecees if he would have supported her if the roles were reversed and she served time in prison.

1. Natalie

April 27, 2021 at 5:58 pm

Its one-sided love all day. They thought they knew each other and really didn’t.
    I feel for Mendeecees about his childhood. I can totally relate. On the B-side, why get married? He knew he was ‘scared’ to do it.
    Prison I guess helped to get it out of him.

2. Realness

April 27, 2021 at 6:32 pm

I recall someone coming on here a year or so ago saying Yandy settled for Mendeecees and women attacked that person and called her judgmental. They truly didn’t understand that oftentimes that ride or die nonsense isn’t reciprocated by men.

• Jennifer

April 27, 2021 at 6:45 pm

I understand that Mendeecees is trying to protect himself from being disappointed by another important female in his life. Like if mom’s can abandon him, why should he expect more or less from his significant other, in his time of need? On the other hand I understand my sister’s pain of rejection too at that moment. I felt that, it’s like a gut punch of reality that you don’t want to accept. He’s being brutally honest and embarrassing you at the same time. I don’t know how you come up from that one sis, but I’m praying for y’all because I know you love him. Good Luck

April 27, 2021 at 6:35 pm

Well that was hard to watch.

• deb dyson

April 27, 2021 at 6:49 pm

Very hard to watch & he’s still bitter about her not writing or sending emails to him which I don’t understand considering an email takes seconds to send. But, still he should have lied to her considering that she stood by him. I think he wanted to hurt her & he did.

4. Yeah I Said It!

April 27, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Yikes.

5. Barbee

April 27, 2021 at 7:05 pm

Yandy deserves better. Smh!

6. Mary Whales

April 27, 2021 at 8:57 pm

I understand Mendeeceesee’s insecurities, but if he can’t see how much Yandy loves him and he couldn’t tell her, he’d do the same for her,then it’s time for Yandy to do some real thinking to do about their relationship. For a man to know she held him down and was faithful and being the boss woman she is, that’s something I would have to sit down and do some heavy thinking about what I’m going to do. I love Yandy,and I know she love him,but he might have knocked the wind out of their relationship with that statement.

• Latoya Upshaw

April 28, 2021 at 12:17 am

I Definitely Agree With You On That. I Feel Where He Was Coming From, But At The Same Time His Wrong Doings Got Him Locked Up Not Hers. She’s Raising Their Kids And Being A Boss Taking Care Of Everything And Holding Him Down And He Complaining Bout An Email Or A Couple Missed Calls!!! MAN YANDY ITS TIME TO LET HIM GO BACK TO MOMMY! Real Women Do REAL THINGS

• MsCoCoMango

April 28, 2021 at 10:54 am

SIS THAT WHOLE A-S PART!!! he literally is sitting around and she is on overdrive taking care of her his and their/his kids business. And like you said he’s mad because she didn’t pay enough attention to him? He’s a misogynistic narcissist. It’s alwayz all about him no matter what she has going on.

7. Blackrose

April 28, 2021 at 7:03 am

I am married to a man who has a lot of the same issues from their childhood. He did a very good job of hiding how much it truly affects him his relationships and how he deals with issues. My younger self did not know that this would be something that could potentially affect the rest of our lives. If so that is definitely something we would have addressed in premarital counseling. But at some point it’s just an excuse and they have to grow up and do thee work or stay single

• MsCoCoMango

April 28, 2021 at 10:56 am

YASSSSS that very last part. It’s an excuse to stay a manboy.

8. Natalie Harris

June 1, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Iyanla Vanzant would say that Mendeecees is still that little boy who’s Mother left him.
    You can be grown all you want but a bad childhood haunts you for life if you don’t deal with it.
    I find it unfair that Mendeecees didn’t speak on this trauma early on. Maybe it was suppressed but being alone and confined triggered that childhood thing. He had nothing but his negative thoughts. He called Yandy because she was his ray of hope. Somebody that he knew had him. When she cut off responding that’s when everything crashed. Apologies were not being heard by him.
    Yandy should’ve recognized this! She should’ve known that something wasn’t right simply by his tone of voice and conversation. Did she REALLY know him? Hell she hesitated getting their marriage license filed. Why? She didn’t want to get caught up in the legal business involving her husband. I thought that was smart but eventually she got the license filed to appease Mendeecees. REALLY? So she wanted him to STFU 🤫 right?
    Bottom line, Yandy knew about the big possibility of Mendeecees going to prison so it was the WORSE the wedding should’ve been the BETTER.
    I bet his other children’s Mothers are LOL-ing at this f-ckery made public.