Entertainment

Yandy Smith Breaks Down in Tears Over a Revelation Made by Mendeecees Harris

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Past issues with his mother have made Mendeecees Harris more guarded.

Yandy Smith was worried about the backlash she would receive after “Love And Hip Hop New York” fans found out she wasn’t legally married to Mendeecees Harris. However, she felt this was the right thing to do seeing as he had to serve time in prison.

Even though they were able to get past that issue, nowadays, they have tension over how often they communicated while Mendeecees was locked up.

On “Couples Retreat,” Yandy said that she doesn’t like that Mendeecees would be quick to tell her that she could just leave him if she didn’t want to answer his calls and send him emails more often. While talking to him about it, she said, “That made me feel like that it wasn’t much of a fight for you. Like it was easy to let me go. Nobody that’s your woman wants to feel like they are easy to get over.”

However, Mendeecees said his past issues with his mom prepared him for anyone leaving his life, “I mean I feel like if I can deal with my mom leaving me and that’s the trauma, I felt like I could deal with anybody leaving me.”

Yandy Smith was hurt by a revelation.

At this point, Yandy asked if Mendeecees would have supported her if she went to prison, “I think you had a lot of time on your hands. And I think with that time, I think I did a d*mn good job. I say that to you all the time like if the roles were reversed, would you hold me down?”

Mendeecees then said, “If the shoes were on the other foot, you know, I don’t know what I would be able to do.” A disappointed Yandy said, “And that’s a problem.”

In a green screen interview, Yandy broke down in tears, “So Mendeecees finally admitted that he doesn’t know if he would have stayed if the roles were reversed. And that’s so hurtful because people have said to me, ‘You doing all this but would he do that for you?’ And I’ve always combatted with, ‘He would. We love each other.’

She added, “But to hear him sit here in my face and be like I don’t know, that’s so unfair.”

1. Natalie

April 27, 2021 at 5:58 pm

Its one-sided love all day. They thought they knew each other and really didn’t.
    I feel for Mendeecees about his childhood. I can totally relate. On the B-side, why get married? He knew he was ‘scared’ to do it.
    Prison I guess helped to get it out of him.

2. Realness

April 27, 2021 at 6:32 pm

I recall someone coming on here a year or so ago saying Yandy settled for Mendeecees and women attacked that person and called her judgmental. They truly didn’t understand that oftentimes that ride or die nonsense isn’t reciprocated by men.

• Jennifer

April 27, 2021 at 6:45 pm

I understand that Mendeecees is trying to protect himself from being disappointed by another important female in his life. Like if mom’s can abandon him, why should he expect more or less from his significant other, in his time of need? On the other hand I understand my sister’s pain of rejection too at that moment. I felt that, it’s like a gut punch of reality that you don’t want to accept. He’s being brutally honest and embarrassing you at the same time. I don’t know how you come up from that one sis, but I’m praying for y’all because I know you love him. Good Luck

April 27, 2021 at 6:35 pm

Well that was hard to watch.

• deb dyson

April 27, 2021 at 6:49 pm

Very hard to watch & he’s still bitter about her not writing or sending emails to him which I don’t understand considering an email takes seconds to send. But, still he should have lied to her considering that she stood by him. I think he wanted to hurt her & he did.

4. Yeah I Said It!

April 27, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Yikes.

5. Barbee

April 27, 2021 at 7:05 pm

Yandy deserves better. Smh!

6. Mary Whales

April 27, 2021 at 8:57 pm

I understand Mendeeceesee’s insecurities, but if he can’t see how much Yandy loves him and he couldn’t tell her, he’d do the same for her,then it’s time for Yandy to do some real thinking to do about their relationship. For a man to know she held him down and was faithful and being the boss woman she is, that’s something I would have to sit down and do some heavy thinking about what I’m going to do. I love Yandy,and I know she love him,but he might have knocked the wind out of their relationship with that statement.

• Latoya Upshaw

April 28, 2021 at 12:17 am

I Definitely Agree With You On That. I Feel Where He Was Coming From, But At The Same Time His Wrong Doings Got Him Locked Up Not Hers. She’s Raising Their Kids And Being A Boss Taking Care Of Everything And Holding Him Down And He Complaining Bout An Email Or A Couple Missed Calls!!! MAN YANDY ITS TIME TO LET HIM GO BACK TO MOMMY! Real Women Do REAL THINGS

• MsCoCoMango

April 28, 2021 at 10:54 am

SIS THAT WHOLE A-S PART!!! he literally is sitting around and she is on overdrive taking care of her his and their/his kids business. And like you said he’s mad because she didn’t pay enough attention to him? He’s a misogynistic narcissist. It’s alwayz all about him no matter what she has going on.

7. Blackrose

April 28, 2021 at 7:03 am

I am married to a man who has a lot of the same issues from their childhood. He did a very good job of hiding how much it truly affects him his relationships and how he deals with issues. My younger self did not know that this would be something that could potentially affect the rest of our lives. If so that is definitely something we would have addressed in premarital counseling. But at some point it’s just an excuse and they have to grow up and do thee work or stay single

• MsCoCoMango

April 28, 2021 at 10:56 am

YASSSSS that very last part. It’s an excuse to stay a manboy.

8. Natalie Harris

June 1, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Iyanla Vanzant would say that Mendeecees is still that little boy who’s Mother left him.
    You can be grown all you want but a bad childhood haunts you for life if you don’t deal with it.
    I find it unfair that Mendeecees didn’t speak on this trauma early on. Maybe it was suppressed but being alone and confined triggered that childhood thing. He had nothing but his negative thoughts. He called Yandy because she was his ray of hope. Somebody that he knew had him. When she cut off responding that’s when everything crashed. Apologies were not being heard by him.
    Yandy should’ve recognized this! She should’ve known that something wasn’t right simply by his tone of voice and conversation. Did she REALLY know him? Hell she hesitated getting their marriage license filed. Why? She didn’t want to get caught up in the legal business involving her husband. I thought that was smart but eventually she got the license filed to appease Mendeecees. REALLY? So she wanted him to STFU 🤫 right?
    Bottom line, Yandy knew about the big possibility of Mendeecees going to prison so it was the WORSE the wedding should’ve been the BETTER.
    I bet his other children’s Mothers are LOL-ing at this f-ckery made public.